Effects[edit | edit source]
- After every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a low range Monstro's Lung-like barrage.
- Tears in the barrage deal double damage.
- Tears will fire only from Isaac's right eye.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lead Pencil gives non-Cain characters the same special properties that he has when it comes to one-eye items like Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye..
- Tears fired from items that cause multiple tears to be fired at once e.g. 20/20Grants double shot., Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro., etc. are counted.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: All tears from the barrage split.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Fires a barrage of Haemolacria tears, all of which will burst.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears tend to clump together, becoming one giant tear which splits into 8 large tears. When tears burst, they can also spawn barrages of tears that can be fed.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Causes burst tears to remain in the room for much longer, forming a soft barrier of sorts, which enemies must survive through to reach Isaac.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Fires a barrage of beams.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Lilith: No effect, as Lilith is inherently Blindfolded.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Lead Pencil can fire in any of the cardinal directions if it fires at the same time as Loki's Horns.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear blinks red, but the effect is entirely cosmetic.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Fires red tears like Blood Clot with Cain, but without increased damage.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Overrides Lead Pencil and disables normal tears entirely, even if not playing as Cain.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: The burst follows Tiny Planet's circular trajectory with minimal range, hitting ground almost immediately.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Though the pencil is in Isaac's right eye, it blocks tears from firing out of his left eye.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
R69K WMVV (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|