Effects[edit | edit source]
- After every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a low range Monstro's Lung -like barrage of 12 tears.
- Tears in the barrage deal double damage.
- Tears will fire only from Isaac's right eye.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lead Pencil gives characters other than Cain the same special properties that he has when it comes to one-eye items like Blood Clot.
- Tears fired from items that cause multiple tears to be fired at once e.g. 20/20, Monstro's Lung, etc. are counted.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: All tears from the barrage split.
- Haemolacria: Fires a barrage of Haemolacria tears, all of which will burst.
- Lachryphagy: Tears tend to clump together, becoming one giant tear which splits into 8 large tears. When tears burst, they can also spawn barrages of tears that can be fed.
- Pop!: Causes burst tears to remain in the room for much longer, forming a soft barrier of sorts, which enemies must survive through to reach Isaac.
- Trisagion: Fires a barrage of beams.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Lilith: No effect, as Lilith is inherently Blindfolded.
- Loki's Horns: Lead Pencil can fire in any of the cardinal directions if it fires at the same time as Loki's Horns.
- The Ludovico Technique: The tear blinks red, but the effect is entirely cosmetic.
- Incubus: Fires red tears like Blood Clot with Cain, but without increased damage.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Technology: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Technology 2: Overrides Lead Pencil and disables normal tears entirely, even if not playing as Cain.
- Tech X: Overrides Lead Pencil.
- Tiny Planet: The burst follows Tiny Planet's circular trajectory with minimal range, hitting the ground almost immediately.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Though the pencil is in Isaac's right eye, it blocks tears from firing out of his left eye.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
R69K WMVV (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|