|This article is about the item. For the monster, see Leech (Enemy).|
Leech is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon pickup, spawns a crawling Leech that follows Isaac. If an enemy comes near, the Leech will attack and chase it, doing 1.5 damage per tick or about 3.2 damage per second. If an enemy is killed by the Leech, Isaac will be healed by half a heart.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Leech's healing effect does not affect characters that do not have red heart containers.
- Keeper will be healed by The Leech.
- Enemies that turn into flesh piles and regenerate when killed such as Globins and some dark red champions regenerate quicker than the Leech can kill them. Isaac will gain half a heart each time the enemies collapse, granting an easy way to regenerate all red hearts. This can also open up many powerful synergies with any item that provides a benefit or resource when Isaac takes damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Arcade Rooms: The player can let the Leech eat flies from the shell game and use the resulting health to gamble on the Blood Bank.
- BFFS!: Leech grows bigger and does double damage. Still only heals for a half heart.
- E Coli: Enemies can be turned into poop at the cost of half a heart, then consumed by the leech to regain health. Utilization of temporary immunity when hit can allow multiple enemies to be turned into poop, resulting in a net gain of health.
- Flush!: The leech still can attack the enemies turned into poop and gain health.
- Gnawed Leaf: The player can stand still and allow the Leech to clear a room, granting simple clears and easy health.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Maggy's Bow: No effect on healing.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Tends to get confused when attacking Maggot like enemies and just moves around in the attacking animation without attacking anything until the Maggot is killed by The Player.
Bug! The Leech will continuously heal player while it's attacking Mama Gurdy.
Bug! With Leech and Extension Cord, when electricity occasionally connects Isaac and the Leech, it will not always fully connect.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
3SWF QKD4 (treasure room to the right of spawn)
G4YR 243A (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
L1Y9 Y1KN (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
2KAD 2W2B (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
YG41 04ZN (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|