Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 3, column 19, row 3)|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants 6 Coins, 6 Bombs and 6 Keys.
- Continually balances Isaac's primary attributes - damage, range, tears, and speed (has no effect on luck, tear height, or shot speed). This effect is NOT one time only - Libra will rebalance Isaac's attributes whenever they are changed by an item, effect, etc. including temporary effects such as the The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%..
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The balancing is based on Isaac as the character himself, and he gains no bonuses or penalties to any stat from simply having Libra on its own.
- The balancing formula for Libra values damage a little lower than other stats. This means a standard damage up effect will actually grant less damage than a standard speed up or range up effect will.
- Stats are capped before Libra's balancing is applied. This means that if speed is maxed out (2.0) already, a Speed Up effect will not increase any stats at all.
- Since tear height is not involved in the calculations, items such as Mini MushIncreases Speed and Shot Height and decreases Isaac's size, but lowers Range. or Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage. that increase tear height but lower range are mostly detrimental.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Dead EyeIsaac's damage increases each time an enemy is hit. Damage is reset upon missing a shot.: All of Isaac's stats increase for each successive tear hit on enemies.
- EpiphoraShooting in one direction increases Isaac's rate of fire until the cap is reached. As soon as Isaac changes direction or stops shooting, rate of fire is reset to its normal amount.: Damage, Speed, Range, tear weight, and Shot Speed will increase over time.
- D8Re-rolls Isaac's speed, range, tears, and damage.: D8's stat changes combine with Libra in a way that almost guarantees a slight to moderate overall boost.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears. / Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Fire rate increases, damage and speed decreases.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Significantly reduces Isaac's damage while significantly increasing other stats. Without other items, damage will be reduced to around 30% but tears will be doubled and speed maxed.
- Lusty BloodEach time Isaac kills an enemy, Isaac's damage increases for the current room.: Slightly increases range, speed, tears, and damage per each enemy killed.
- Samson's Lock1/15 chance to increase damage by 0.5 for the current room each time an enemy dies. has the same effect whenever it does trigger.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Charge time is drastically reduced, damage and speed are decreased.
- PurityThis item will boost one of Isaac's stats depending on the color of the aura around him. The aura will disappear upon taking damage and will reappear with a random color upon entering a new room. A red aura boosts damage, a blue aura boosts rate of fire, a yellow aura boosts speed, and an orange aura boosts range.: The random increase from Purity transfers to all stats accordingly. If a stat is already high when the bonus chooses it, the increase won't be as significant.
- The best bonus will be the -4 Tear Delay; as it ignores the 'cap' value from regular Tear Ups, all stats are significantly increased.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Isaac's Tears will be reduced (still faster than the normal maximum without Soy Milk) and his other stats will be increased significantly. Without other items, damage will be higher than PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage. and speed will be maxed. Because of the Range increase, Isaac's tears fire at a height that lets them travel over obstacles like rocks or poops.
- Tape WormDoubles Isaac's range and halves his tear height.: The large Range Up from the trinket will be redistributed to the other stats and improve them.
- TaurusSpeed down; gains speed while in a room with enemies until gaining My Little Unicorn effect for a few seconds.: Isaac will keep slowly gaining damage, tears, and range in addition to speed over time.
- Since TaurusSpeed down; gains speed while in a room with enemies until gaining My Little Unicorn effect for a few seconds. increases Isaac's speed a set amount of times, these boost will stop after a certain amount of time spent in one room. If Isaac's speed isn't high enough, the secondary effect of Taurus won't activate itself.
- Once a room is cleared, Isaac's stats go back to their previous values.
- Combined with Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession., Isaac will be invincible the instant he enters a room.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The symbol of the scales is based on the Scales of Justice held by Themis, the Greek personification of divine law and custom.
- This item, like the other Zodiac items, is based on the Zodiac signs.
- Libra gives 6 bombs, 6 keys, and 6 coins, a potential reference to the Number of the Beast (666).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
F4C8 CPWM (First floor treasure room)
G3VX ADL3 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
FJGQ 16DZ (First floor treasure room; second floor treasure room contains soy milk for synergy.)
LME3 1YAY (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
LVK4 LE8W (First floor treasure room)
Soy Milk for synergy) (Hard mode only)39EQ E7Q2 (First floor treasure room two left of spawn; treasure room two right of spawn contains
PEBQ QMMW (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Soy Milk in treasure room of next floor) (Hard mode only)3GMP EP3E (First XL Floor treasure room adjacent to spawn;
RXPJ 0GCX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
CQWB 0CFV (First floor treasure room)
- Aries+0.25 Speed. Running into enemies while at a high speed will deal 18 points of damage. Does not prevent contact damage.
- TaurusSpeed down; gains speed while in a room with enemies until gaining My Little Unicorn effect for a few seconds.
- GeminiSuture becomes attached to Isaac, and does touch damage to enemies within its attacking range.
- CancerAdds 3 soul hearts. Grants The Wafer effect for the current room upon taking damage.
- LeoAllows you to crush rocks when you walk over them.
- VirgoGrants a chance to trigger the Book of Shadows effect upon taking damage, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 10 seconds. Also converts "bad pills" into "good pills".
- LibraGives 6 coins, 6 bombs, and 6 keys and balances out all attributes.
- ScorpioGrants poison tears, which deal damage over time when inflicted.
- SagittariusIncreases speed by +0.2 and grants piercing tears.
- CapricornAll stats up.
- AquariusA trail of blue creep is left behind Isaac, which damages enemies.
- Pisces-1 Tear Delay, adds knock-back shots and increases tear size.
- ZodiacZodiac will give Isaac a random zodiac item effect that changes after every floor.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|