|Items|| Incubus |
Box of Friends
|Defeat Ultra Greed as Azazel|
Lilith is a character added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion. Lilith starts with one red heart container and two Black Hearts. Lilith's starting items are the Box of Friends and the Incubus. Lilith is permanently blindfolded, meaning she has no ability to fire tears; she instead deals damage with the Incubus familiar that follows her.
Unlockable items[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Lilith's Incubus familiar copies whatever tears she would fire if she weren't blindfolded. Combined with the Box of Friends, the basic strategy for her is to simply multiply her damage. Powerful tear modifiers such as Polyphemus will become even more deadly if Lilith is able to create several Incubi.
- Mom's Knife gives Incubus a smaller version of the item with the same base range as Isaac; However, Lilith will not get this to use due to her blindfold.
- This knife can be used with Incubus to give it contact damage with no danger to Lilith.
- With Mom's Knife and Tech X, Incubus can shoot Tech X shots and Mom's Knife incredibly fast for massive damage. Charging doesn't affect Tech X's size or Mom's Knife's throwing distance, making the knife useless in this combo unless used at very short range. This is a very strong combo for Lilith as she already starts with Incubus and can use Box of Friends to multiply her damage.
- Lilith can use the Epic Fetus while her Incubi still fire what her tears would be without Epic Fetus.
- Unless you have a beam weapon (Brimstone/Technology), picking up My Reflection is a bad idea: it will greatly shorten Incubus' range without the possibility to increase it.
- Due to her starter item Box of Friends, she strongly benefits from other familiars and familiar enhancers like BFFS!.
- Battery items are very useful for Lilith so she can continue to use the Box of Friends. The 9 Volt will reduce it to a 3 room charge allowing it to be used more often. Car Battery will double the effect of the item, meaning she'll create 2 copies of each familiar per use. Charged Baby creates batteries or recharges your item by one bar occasionally, and is also duplicated by the Box of Friends. The more the player creates, the more often they will obtain batteries and charges from the increasing number of charged babies.
- Heart Containers, healing items, and Heart-generating items (Charm of the Vampire, Humbling Bundle, etc.) indirectly benefit Lilith since her Cambion Conception gives her additional familiars after taking multiple hits. Use a fireplace or Heart Donation Machine to damage yourself multiple times to speed up the familiar-generating process (preferably after killing the boss to not hurt your Devil/Angel Room spawn chances).
- Activated Items recharge per-wave in Greed Mode and Boss Rush, allowing Lilith to use the Box of Friends very often. Familiars like The Relic and Little C.H.A.D. could give the player an endless amount of health if used correctly
- When shooting, keep in mind that Incubus lingers behind you.
- One must take heed in duplicating familiars with the Box of Friends. If the player creates too many (easy to achieve in Greed Mode or Boss Rush), when the player steps into another room, all of their minions, including the originals, will despawn. This can be fixed by quitting and reloading the run.
- Since Lilith is blindfolded and does not shoot tears by herself, items like Technology 2, Tech.5 and Tractor Beam have no effect. However The Ludovico Technique still works as it would on any other character.
- Obtaining The Ludovico Technique is necessary to utilize Maw of the Void to its fullest, as it will allow Lilith to create the damaging black ring around her.
- While other activatable items may have use, it is not advised to permanently trade out the Box of Friends. Without it, Lilith loses what is essentially her greatest strength, as Incubus shooting in her place is only an upside with its usage.
- Lilith's Incubus is intrinsic to her, the same way Azazel's short Brimstone is. It cannot be removed by effects that reroll items, such as the D4. The Incubus can be found as a separate item, and picking it up will grant Lilith a second Incubus familiar.
- If Lilith dies with an extra life item that changes her to a different character (Ankh, Lazarus' Rags, Judas' Shadow), she will lose both her blindfold and the intrinsic Incubus familiar.
- Despite this, Lilth's Incubus still counts as an actual item. Be warned as this makes a run with only 19 visible items have the chance to warp to the Void after the Mom fight.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lilith is the Hebrew name for a figure in Jewish mythology, thought to be derived from early class of female demons.
- In some cultures, Lilith is the original woman God created before Eve. She refused to become subservient to Adam and left Eden; in others, she is depicted as the bane of humanity when Adam refused her, driving her to curse all of his descendants and targets children under grudge.
- Cambion Conception is always listed as one of Lilith's starting items, even if it has not been unlocked.
- Lilith, as well as The Lost, are the only characters whose unlock requirements include a specific character.
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|