|This article is about the boss. For the item, see Little Horn (Item).|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Will constantly try to evade Isaac by moving away from him.
- Spawns a smoking black ball that chases Isaac and can be destroyed.
- Creates and jumps into a pit and pops up elsewhere.
- Creates 3 to 5 pits that move outwards and damage Isaac if he falls into one.
- Throws a troll bomb or a mega troll bomb into a created pit underneath itself. The bomb then pops up in a random location.
- Creates a pit under itself that does not move but lasts for several seconds and damages Isaac if he falls into it.
- Jumps into a pit and appears elsewhere while spawning a troll bomb in his place, and repeats this process numerous times.
Champion versions[edit | edit source]
- Orange: Spits out an orange Troll Bomb instead of a black ball. The bomb deals contact damage and leaves a patch of fire similar to Hot Bombs. The bombs that are thrown into pits are also orange, but the bombs spawned during the constant-teleporting attack are normal.
- Black: Does not attack with Pits or troll bombs, but fires smoke balls more frequently. He can still do the constant-teleporting attack, but he doesn't spawn any bombs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Little Horn's health bar appears at the bottom of the screen rather than the top.
- The Gnawed LeafAfter standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots. can make the battle infinitely easier, as Little Horn will damage himself with his bombs over time. This will take a while, but none of his attacks can deal damage to Isaac when he stands still. Isaac can still fall into the pits and be transported around the screen, and will appear to suffer damage, but no actual loss of HP will occur if he is in statue form when he falls in.
- Using Spider ModDisplays Isaac's tear damage and enemy health bars. Spawns a gray spider familiar that wanders around and inflicts a random status effect on any enemies it comes into contact with. Occasionally spawns a blue spider upon clearing a room. will display health bars for the pits Isaac can fall into.
- The smoke balls that Little Horn spawns can spawn as monsters in later levels.
- If Isaac has the Safety ScissorsTroll bombs turn into Bomb pickups before they explode. Mega troll bombs turn into 1+1 free bombs before they explode., he can acquire maximum bombs from the fight at fairly little risk, since the bombs Little Horn spawns will turn into bomb pickups and all his hole attacks are easy to dodge.
- Little Horn's homing black ball is considered a monster. Killing it will activate items such as Charm of the VampireHeals the character for half of a red heart for every 13 monsters killed., Infestation 2Spawns allied blue spiders from killed enemies., and Jar of FliesEvery time Isaac kills an enemy, a fly will be added to the jar, up to a maximum of 20. Using the Jar of Flies will release all the flies that are currently in the jar as friendly blue flies that will damage enemies..
- Occasionally, a pit that Little Horn summons will not vanish after defeating the boss. The pit is still active and can damage Isaac, even if it does not actively chase the player.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Little Horn as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Little Horn is referred to as male by Edmund.
- Little Horn is the name of a boss from Super Meat Boy, one of Edmund McMillen's previous games.
- Little Horn was created due to Edmund's love for Loki's design. (Despite him saying Little Horn is a Caves Boss, it is currently a Chapter 1 boss.)
- The name "Little Horn" comes from the book of Daniel, where it refers to the Antichrist.
- Little Horn appears to be a baby version of Big Horn.
- Upon defeat, Little Horn has what appears to be blood gushing from his eyes, then retreats back inside his hole. He does not explode into blood upon defeat.
- Little Horn and his ability to create pitfalls share similarity with the Pokémon Hoopa, a Legendary Pokémon that creates dimensional wormholes to travel from one place to another.
- With the addition of Big Horn, they share even more similarities since both have a bigger form.
||Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
||Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
||The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|