|This article is about the boss. For the item, see Little Horn (Item).|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Will constantly try to evade Isaac by moving away from him.
- Spawns a Dark Ball that chases Isaac and can be destroyed.
- Creates and jumps into a Pitfall and pops up elsewhere.
- Creates 3 to 5 Teleport Pitfalls that move outwards and damage Isaac if he falls into one.
- Throws a troll bomb or a mega troll bomb into a created pitfall underneath himself. The bomb then pops up in a random location.
- Creates a regular pitfall under himself that does not move but lasts for several seconds and damages Isaac if he falls into it.
- Jumps into a pitfall and appears elsewhere while spawning a troll bomb in his place, and repeats this process numerous times.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Black: Does not attack with Pits, troll bombs or mega troll bombs, but fires Dark Balls more frequently. This version can still do the constant teleport attack, but he doesn't spawn any troll bombs.
- Orange: Spits out an orange troll bomb instead of a Dark Ball. This troll bomb deals contact damage and leaves a patch of fire similar to Hot Bombs. He will also throw these troll bombs into pits instead of normal ones. However, troll bombs spawned during the constant teleport attack are normal. Does not attack with mega troll bombs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Little Horn's health bar appears at the bottom of the screen rather than the top.
- The Gnawed Leaf can make the battle infinitely easier, as Little Horn will damage himself with his bombs over time. This will take a while, but none of his attacks can deal damage to Isaac when he stands still. Isaac can still fall into the pits and be transported around the screen, and will appear to suffer damage, but no actual loss of HP will occur if he is in statue form when he falls in.
- The Dark Balls that Little Horn spawns can appear in Closets in Caves and Flooded Caves. They also appear in a room with Little Horn in the Chest.
- If Isaac has the Safety Scissors, he can acquire maximum bombs from the fight at fairly little risk, since the bombs Little Horn spawns will turn into bomb pickups and all his hole attacks are easy to dodge.
- Little Horn's Dark Ball is considered a monster. Killing it will activate items such as Charm of the Vampire, Infestation 2, and Jar of Flies.
- Occasionally, a pitfall that Little Horn summons will not vanish after defeating the boss. The pitfall is still active and can damage Isaac, even if it does not actively chase the player.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Little Horn as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Fast Bombs - Defeat Little Horn 20 times.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Using Spider Mod will display health bars for the pitfalls Isaac can fall into.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Little Horn is referred to as male by Edmund.
- Little Horn is the name of a boss from Super Meat Boy, one of Edmund McMillen's previous games.
- Little Horn was created due to Edmund's love for Loki's design. (Despite him saying Little Horn is a Caves Boss, he is currently a Chapter 1 boss.)
- The name "Little Horn" comes from the Book of Daniel, where it refers to the Antichrist.
- Upon defeat, Little Horn's eyes glow red, then he retreats inside his hole. He does not explode into blood upon defeat.
- Little Horn appears to be a baby version of Big Horn.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|