|(page 5, column 18, line 1)
||This article is about the item. For the boss, see Little Horn.
Little Horn is a passive item added in Afterbirth †.
- Running into enemies deals 3.5 damage to them.
- Adds a chance to fire piercing tears which will instantly kill any non-boss enemy.
- The chance is very slightly affected by luck, and never gets very high.
- The special tears will kill some normally invulnerable monsters, such as Death's Heads, Stoneys, and Peep's floating eyeballs.
- The special tears can also destroy Blue Fireplaces and Purple Fireplaces.
- The special tears can destroy the various spiked blocks (Wall Hugger, Slide, and Poky) as well as the variants of Stone Grimace. All of these won't respawn if Isaac leaves and re-enters the room.
- The contact damage effect overrides the superior contact damage from Aries+0.25 Speed. Running into enemies while at a high speed will deal 18 points of damage. Does not prevent contact damage., The GamekidUpon use, turns the character into a into a Pac-Man-like creature for 5 seconds, granting invulnerability, inflicting fear on all enemies, and replenishing half a red heart container for every two enemies killed., My Little UnicornUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, removing the ability to shoot tears and replacing it with the ability to deal contact damage to enemies. / VII - The ChariotGrants the temporary invulnerability effect of My Little Unicorn., and The NailAdds one soul heart and allows the breaking of rocks and damaging enemies by simply walking over them. Increases damage and decreases speed. All effects except for the Soul Heart wear off upon leaving the room.. Only Midas' TouchEnemies that touch you are stunned and turn gold. Any enemy killed while in this state will drop a coin. still works and deals an additional 3.5 damage.
- 20/20Grants double shot./ Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Little Horn tears are more likely to be fired.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Little Horn tears can be split by the prism and will be quadrupled when they pass through it.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Little Horn tears will split into smaller tears with effect.
- Evil EyeWhile firing tears, Isaac has a chance to fire an eye across the screen with a very slow shot speed, which will fire tears of its own in the same direction as Isaac. The eye will be destroyed if it comes into contact with an enemy or obstacle.: Eyes can fire Little Horn tears. Little Horn tears won't destroy other eyes.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Occasionally, tears are fired with Little Horn that split into burst tears with same effect.
- Homing Tears: Little Horn tears will home in on enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Projectiles gain the effect, piercing through and instantly killing most enemies, and then exploding upon landing.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: The stone can have the Little Horn effect.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Occasionally, tears with Little Horn effect are fired. If Little Horn tears are fed, they will burst into split tears with the same effect. If Little Horn tears feed normal tears, the Little Horn effect is not applied to them.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Little Horn tears are more likely to be fired.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Due to the higher tear rate, the special tears will be fired much more frequently.
- The VirusInflicts poison to enemies who make contact with Isaac. Speed down./ Serpent's KissTears now have a random chance to apply a poison effect, causing 4 or 6 damage per tick to enemies (Similar to The Common Cold item). Isaac now deals poison damage on contact with enemies similar to The Virus item (Damage over time 4 or 6 per tick). Enemies that were poisoned have a chance to drop a black heart when killed.: Allows harvesting black hearts from Stone Grimaces as they can be (invisibly) poisoned by touching them, then destroyed with Little Horn.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Little Horn.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Occasionally, some bombs are black. Purely cosmetic effect.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Occasionally, the missile clouds are black. Purely cosmetic effect.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear occasionally changes color and can kill enemies instantly.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Little Horn.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Little Horn.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Little Horn.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Electricity connected to Little Horn tears will not instantly kill enemies.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Occasionally, some beams are black. Purely cosmetic effect.
- This item might be a reference to Cutaneous horns, unusual keratinous skin tumors with the appearance of horns.