Lost Contact is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Gives Isaac's tears a shield surrounding them, allowing the player to block enemy shots.
- Isaac's shots are destroyed upon contact with an enemy's shot.
- Affects every familiar's tears.
- No longer affects any familiar's tears besides Fate's RewardA blue head familiar that will follow Isaac and fire tears copying his tear effects and damage. and IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects..
- -16% Shot Speed.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Placing many tears around Isaac creates a safe zone, especially with larger tears.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period./ TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range./ Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Beam/laser destroys projectiles, although only during its damage tick interval. The projectiles are not instantly destroyed when they touch the beam/laser.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Split tears will be shielded. The Parasite's split tears will not appear to have shields.
- Eye of BelialGrants piercing tears. After piercing one enemy, tears start homing and deal double damage.: Piercing through a projectile will trigger Eye of Belial's double damage and homing effect. Belial tears will still block shots.
- The Forgotten: Enemy shots may be reflected with melee attacks. The damage of the reflected shots depends on their size, with standard enemy shots dealing 3.5 points.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Can block an infinite amount of enemy shots if the tear is placed on top of a monster. The projectiles that they attempt to shoot will be immediately destroyed.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The knife will destroy projectiles in its path without being affected.
- Piercing Tears: The tears can pass through multiple enemy projectiles. This means that one tear can hurt the enemy and block its projectiles.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Enemy shots are treated like enemies with 10 health, which are deducted from the Polyphemus tear. If it has strength remaining afterwards, it will continue on.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: The constant stream of tears will cut through any complex attack patterns with ease.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: The rings block enemy shots.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Beams will block shots and continue on.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bombs will not destroy or block shots. Stat effects apply.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Missiles will not destroy or block shots. Stat effects apply.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Lost Contact will remove the chance to explode on impact effect.
- God's FleshTears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them.: Tears with the shrink effect do not appear to be shielded, but will still block enemy shots.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Auras will not block shots but tears will.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Main tears will block shots but burst tears cannot.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Ipecac shot will explode upon contact with an enemy's shot.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears often block shots before they can burst; however, burst tears can also block shots.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Stone will not block shots.
- Mysterious LiquidTears leave a small, short lasting pool of creep on impact or when their range is depleted.: Overridden by Lost Contact.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Tears will bounce off of enemy tears and destroy them.
- Tough LoveAdds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage than regular tears.: Teeth will not appear to be shielded but will still block enemy shots.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
VBRL EDQJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
10ZH CZF7 (First floor treasure room)
X2RS 3P3M (First floor treasure room)
EEBA CXTJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|