Mask of Infamy
(Redirected from Mask Of Infamy)
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mask of Infamy has two Phases. The Heart has 200 HP and the Mask the remaining 150.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- In the first phase, her two constituent parts act exactly like a regular-sized Mask + Heart; the Heart will generally try to move away from Isaac while the Mask charges at him if he crosses her path in any cardinal direction. During this phase, the Mask cannot be hurt or otherwise affected by virtually any item. When the Heart takes damage of any kind, the mask will chase Isaac with increased speed, interrupting a charge it may be doing.
- Unlike a regular-sized heart, the Heart of Infamy will shoot 8 bullets in all directions instead of 4 in the cardinal directions if Isaac gets too close to it.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Once the Heart is dead, the Mask of Infamy will not die like a regular-sized mask does. Instead, the second phase will begin. A crack appears in the back of the Mask and can be damaged by being shot from behind. Its behavior remains the same. However, it speeds up a great deal. When damaged, it may interrupt its charge and redirect at Isaac aggressively, but less often than when the Heart is being attacked in the first phase.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Black: The Heart shoots 4 homing shots in a cross formation and is 15% larger with 25% more HP (250). The Mask behaves like the normal version during both phases and retains its original color.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mask of Infamy as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mask of Infamy was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Mask Of Infamy is a tribute to Carmilla from Castlevania II.
- Mask Of Infamy is confirmed to be a female.
- It is confirmed that Isaac is peering out of the crack in the back of the mask. Isaac can also be spotted during the death animation of The Gate. 
- Additionally, both bosses are fought in Necropolis.
- The item Infamy is a reference to this boss.
- In the original game, Mask of Infamy did not have a health bar. This, coupled with the difficulty of harming her without specific upgrades, made her one of the more frustrating bosses.
- The Bestiary states that the heart is called the Heart of Infamy.
- When the Mask is killed, during the death animation, she flattens and instantly disappears. She doesn't explode into blood.
- The Black Champion Heart of Infamy behaves more similar to a regular-sized heart, since it shoots 4 bullets instead of 8, although it shoots homing bullets instead of normal ones.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|