We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Mask Of Infamy
| Mask Of Infamy|
| Heart: 200|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mask of Infamy has two Phases.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- In the first phase, its two constituent parts act exactly like a regular sized Mask + Heart; the Heart will generally try to move away from the player whilst the Mask charges the player if they cross its path in any cardinal direction. During this phase the Mask cannot be hurt or otherwise affected by virtually any item. When the Heart takes damage of any kind, the mask will chase you with increased speed.
- The Heart will shoot 8 tears in all directions if Isaac gets too close to it.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Once the Heart is dead, the second Phase begins. A crack appears in the back of the Mask and can be damaged by being shot from behind. Its behavior remains the same, however it speeds up a great deal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though it appears to fly, the mask can be damaged by creep.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: The Heart shoots 4 homing shots in a cross formation. The Mask behaves like the normal version during both phases.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mask Of Infamy is a tribute to Carmilla from Castlevania II.
- Mask Of Infamy is confirmed to be a female. 
- A small face is peering out of the crack in the back of the mask which somewhat resembles Isaac. The same face can be spotted during the death animation of The Gate.
- Additionally, both bosses are fought in Necropolis.
- The item Infamy is a reference to this boss.
- Mask of Infamy first appeared in the Wrath of the Lamb expansion pack for the original Binding of Isaac.
- In the original game, Mask of Infamy did not have a health bar. This, coupled with the difficulty of harming it without specific upgrades, made it one of the more frustrating bosses.
- The Bestiary states that the heart is called the Heart of Infamy.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|