Mask of Infamy
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mask of Infamy has two Phases.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- In the first phase, her two constituent parts act exactly like a regular sized Mask + Heart; the Heart will generally try to move away from the player whilst the Mask charges the player if they cross her path in any cardinal direction. During this phase the Mask cannot be hurt or otherwise affected by virtually any item. When the Heart takes damage of any kind, the mask will chase you with increased speed.
- The Heart will shoot 8 tears in all directions if Isaac gets too close to it.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Once the Heart is dead, the second Phase begins. A crack appears in the back of the Mask and can be damaged by being shot from behind. Its behavior remains the same, however it speeds up a great deal.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: The Heart shoots 4 homing shots in a cross formation. The Mask behaves like the normal version during both phases.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mask of Infamy as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though it appears to fly, the mask can be damaged by creep.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mask of Infamy was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Mask Of Infamy is a tribute to Carmilla from Castlevania II.
- Mask Of Infamy is confirmed to be a female. 
- It is confirmed that Isaac is peering out of the crack in the back of the mask. Isaac can also be spotted during the death animation of The Gate. 
- Additionally, both bosses are fought in Necropolis.
- The item Infamy is a reference to this boss.
- In the original game, Mask of Infamy did not have a health bar. This, coupled with the difficulty of harming her without specific upgrades, made her one of the more frustrating bosses.
- The Bestiary states that the heart is called the Heart of Infamy.
- When the Mask is killed, during the death animation, she flattens and instantly disappears. She doesn't explode into blood.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|