|(page 4, column 14, line 2)
| Defeat Hush as AzazelMaw of the Void|
Maw of the Void is an unlockable passive item.
- +1.0 Damage up.
- After firing tears for 2.5 seconds, releasing the fire button unleashes a black BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. ring around Isaac that expands and contracts and deals damage to all enemies touching it.
- The charge is completed when a red upside-down cross appears on Isaac's forehead.
- With charge bars enabled, there is also a "Maw" bar that displays the charge.
- Enemies killed by the black ring have a 5% chance to drop Black Hearts.
- This item belongs to the Leviathan set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Leviathan.
- This item does not work while playing a blindfolded character, as it requires tears to charge.
- This restriction can, however, be bypassed by picking up The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy..
- This item's effect will not fully activate if picked up by Lilith; its stat ups will still apply to her IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. familiar, but the ring will not appear unless she also has The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy..
- The ring's damage is based on Isaac's own, as well as having effects such as Poison if Isaac has them.
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: No effect.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: No effect.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: No effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: No effect.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: No effect.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: The ring charges while the barrage of tears fire.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear must be moved before the ring activates.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: The ring damage is halved.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do. + ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Proptosis effects override A Lump of Coal.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Crosshair must be moved for 4 seconds before the ring activates.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No effect.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: No effect.
- No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 50 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.: Not only does the spawning of the Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies. provide an obvious cue for when the ring is ready, enemies left confused by the Butt Bomb are much easier to target with the ring for potential Black Heart farming.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: No effect on charge time but massively reduces damage.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Reduces damage done by ring.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: No effect on damage.
- Homing tears: The ring curves towards enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Massively increases ring damage and poisons enemies.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Ring can destroy projectiles.
- Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up.: Enemies within the ring will quickly be frozen.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: The ring is much larger and deals 1.5x damage per tick.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- Serpent's KissTears now have a random chance to apply a poison effect, causing 4 or 6 damage per tick to enemies (Similar to The Common Cold item). Isaac now deals poison damage on contact with enemies similar to The Virus item (Damage over time 4 or 6 per tick). Enemies that were poisoned have a chance to drop a black heart when killed.: Poisoned enemies also have a chance to drop Black Hearts.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Ring attracts pickups and enemies towards it.
- Wiggle WormGives Isaac's shots a wave-like trajectory.: The ring has rounded edges.