Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Maw of the Void
|(page 4, column 14, row 2)|
|Defeat Hush as AzazelMaw of the Void|
Maw of the Void is an unlockable passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +1.0 Damage up.
- After firing tears for 2.5 seconds, releasing the fire button unleashes a black BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. ring around Isaac that expands and contracts, and deals Isaac's base damage at a rapid rate to all enemies touching it.
- The charge is completed when a red upside-down cross appears on Isaac's forehead.
- With charge bars enabled, there is also an indicator that displays the charge.
- Enemies killed by the black ring have a 5% chance to drop Black Hearts.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item does not work while playing a blindfolded character, as it requires tears to charge.
- This restriction can, however, be bypassed by picking up The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy..
- This item's effect will not fully activate if picked up by Lilith; its stat ups will still apply to her IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. familiar, but the ring will not appear unless she also has The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy..
- The ring will apply any tear status effects such as Poison if Isaac has them.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: The ring charges while the barrage of tears fire.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear must be moved before the ring activates.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: The ring damage is halved.
- A Lump of Coal + ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: Proptosis effects override A Lump of Coal.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Crosshair must be moved for 4 seconds before the ring activates.
- No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 50 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.: Not only does the spawning of the Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies. provide an obvious cue for when the ring is ready, enemies left confused by the Butt Bomb are much easier to target with the ring for potential Black Heart farming.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: No effect on charge time but massively reduces damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Homing tears: The ring curves towards enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Massively increases ring damage and poisons enemies.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Ring can destroy projectiles.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: The ring is much larger and deals 1.5x damage per tick.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Ring attracts pickups and enemies towards it.
- Wiggle WormGives Isaac's shots a wave-like trajectory. +0.3 Tears up.: The ring has wavy edges.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
|The NailComplete the Boss Rush as AzazelDemon BabyDefeat The Lamb as AzazelSatanic BibleDefeat Isaac as AzazelDaemon's TailDefeat Satan as AzazelAbaddonDefeat ??? as AzazelWrapped BabyRemoved in Afterbirth † Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Azazel
Added in Afterbirth † Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as LazarusBegotten BabyRemoved in Afterbirth † Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Lazarus
Added in Afterbirth † Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Azazel
|Maw of the VoidDefeat Hush as AzazelLilithDefeat Ultra Greed as AzazelBlack BabyDefeat Mega Satan as AzazelSucky BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as Azazel||Dark Prince's CrownDefeat Delirium as AzazelBat WingDefeat Ultra Greedier as Azazel|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|