As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
(page 4, column 16, row 4)
(page 4, column 16, row 4)
|Defeat Mega Satan as every character|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, Isaac fires a giant, incredibly powerful blood laser, similar to the one used by Mega Satan, for 15 seconds.
- The beam deals Isaac's current damage multiplied by 5 per tick.
- The beam has enough power to push Isaac backward while being fired and will last between rooms, and across multiple floors.
- The beam has spectral and piercing effects.
- The beam can be moved while firing in many angles diagonally.
- While Mega Blast is being fired, Isaac cannot:
- The laser extinguishes fires, detonates TNT, and destroys poop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up a Little Battery with this item will not fully charge it. Instead, it will add 3 to its charge, meaning that 4 batteries are required to fully recharge the item.
- A charged key will only add 3 charges as well.
- Using a 48 Hour Energy pill with this item will fully charge it.
- Mega Blast has an 80% decreased item pool weight, making it less likely to appear than other collectibles.
- To unlock Mega Blast, Mega Satan must be defeated with all characters including secret characters (The Lost and Keeper).
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Ipecac: Massively increases damage, poisons enemies, and turns the beam dark red.
- A Lump of Coal: Increases the damage of the laser the farther that it travels. It also colors the laser black and makes it wider as it travels.
- Polyphemus: Quadruples beam's damage.
- Rubber Cement: Beam bounces off walls.
- Spoon Bender: Beam becomes purple and homing, although not very accurate.
- Schoolbag: Beam will continue to fire when switching to another active item. Other active items can be used while the beam is firing.
- Tiny Planet: Beam forms a large ring around the player and continues firing forward.
- Void: Allows the item to be used every 6 rooms instead of 12 and batteries will fully charge the item.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Angelic Prism: Laser beam will only split and change color when Isaac is directly against a wall.
- Godhead: Multiplies beam damage by 1.2, retains homing effect. The beam does not have a damaging aura.
- Incubus: Familiar fires normal tears while Mega Blast is in use.
- Soy Milk: Reduces beam's damage to Isaac's base damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mega Blast's collectible sprite is called 'Mega Satan's Breath' in the game files, which may be its initial name.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If the player continues a run that was exited while Mega Blast was active, Isaac will retain the costume and animation of Mega Blast until the item is used again, but no beam will appear.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
WCB1 YZ39 (First floor Devil Room)
3KY4 LSVL (Second floor Devil Room)
Eden)S3VX RPWZ (Starting item as
Eden)XGYR 11TV (Starting item as
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|