Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, Isaac fires a giant, incredibly powerful blood laser, similar to the one used by Mega Satan, for 15 seconds.
- The beam deals Isaac's current damage multiplied by 5 per tick.
- The beam has enough power to push Isaac backwards while being fired, and will last between rooms, and across multiple floors.
- The beam has spectral and piercing effects.
- The beam can be moved while firing in many angles diagonally.
- While Mega Blast is being fired, Isaac cannot:
- The laser extinguishes fires, detonates TNT, and destroys poop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up a Little Battery with this item will not fully charge it. Instead, it will add 3 to its charge, meaning that 4 batteries are required to fully recharge the item.
- A charged key will only add 3 charges as well.
- Using a 48 Hour Energy pill with this item will fully charge it.
- Mega Blast has an 80% decreased item pool weight, making it less likely to appear than other collectibles.
- In order to unlock Mega Blast, Mega Satan must be defeated with all characters including secret characters (The Forgotten, The Lost and, Keeper).
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 9 VoltReduces the charge of any Activated Items by 1. Any 1 charge items instead have timed recharges.: Reduces number of charges by 1.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Adds a chance for beams to fire with triple damage.
- Homing Tears: Beam curves toward nearby enemies.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Increases the damage of the laser the farther that it travels. Also colors the laser black and makes it wider as it travels.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Massively increases damage, poisons enemies, and turns the beam dark red.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Quadruples beam's damage.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Beam bounces off walls like BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. would.
- SchoolbagAllows Isaac to hold two active items.: Beam will continue to fire when switching to another active item. Other active item can be used while beam is firing.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Beam rotates around the player like Brimstone would.
- VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades.: Allows the item to be used every 6 rooms instead of 12 and batteries will fully charge the item.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: No effect on Mega Blast.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Laser beam will only split and change color when Isaac is directly against a wall.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: No effect on Mega Blast.
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: No effect.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: No effect on Mega Blast. Laser beams turn a light brown color.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: No effect on Mega Blast.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: No effect on Mega Blast.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: No effect.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: No effect.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Multiplies beam damage by 1.2, retains homing effect. The beam does not have a damaging aura.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Multiplies beam damage by 1.3. No other effects.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Familiar fires normal tears while Mega Blast is in use.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: No effect.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head./ Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Will not fire other beams even with high luck.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No effect.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: No effect.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Causes the beam to curve while moving.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: The beam does massively increased damage at close range but does nearly no damage from afar.
- Sharp PlugUsing an activated item while it's not charged will charge it and Sharp Plug does 2 full heart damage to Isaac.: Fully recharges the item upon use at the cost of 2 hearts.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Reduces beam's damage to Isaac's base damage.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: No effect.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Decreases beam's damage.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: No effect.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: No effect on Mega Blast.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mega Blast's collectible sprite is called 'Mega Satan's Breath' in the game files, which may be its initial name.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
WCB1 YZ39 (First floor Devil Room)
3KY4 LSVL (Second floor Devil Room)
MKNJ 711R (Third floor Devil Room)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|