|(page 4, column 16, row 4)|
|Defeat Mega Satan as every characterMega|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, Isaac fires a giant, incredibly powerful blood laser, similar to the one used by Mega Satan, for 15 seconds.
- The beam deals Isaac's current damage multiplied by 5 per tick.
- The beam has enough power to push Isaac backwards while being fired, and will last between rooms, and across multiple floors.
- The beam has spectral and piercing effects.
- The beam can be moved while firing in many angles diagonally.
- While Mega Blast is being fired, Isaac cannot:
- The laser extinguishes fires, detonates TNT, and destroys poop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up a Little Battery with this item will not fully charge it. Instead, it will add 3 to its charge, meaning that 4 batteries are required to fully recharge the item.
- A charged key will only add 3 charges as well.
- Using a 48 Hour Energy pill with this item will fully charge it.
- Mega Blast has an 80% decreased item pool weight, making it less likely to appear than other collectibles.
- In order to unlock Mega Blast, Mega Satan must be defeated with all characters including secret characters (The Lost and Keeper).
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Massively increases damage, poisons enemies, and turns the beam dark red.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Increases the damage of the laser the farther that it travels. Also colors the laser black and makes it wider as it travels.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Quadruples beam's damage.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Beam bounces off walls like BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. would.
- SchoolbagAllows Isaac to hold two active items.: Beam will continue to fire when switching to another active item. Other active item can be used while beam is firing.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Beam rotates around the player like Brimstone would.
- VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades.: Allows the item to be used every 6 rooms instead of 12 and batteries will fully charge the item.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Laser beam will only split and change color when Isaac is directly against a wall.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Multiplies beam damage by 1.2, retains homing effect. The beam does not have a damaging aura.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Familiar fires normal tears while Mega Blast is in use.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Reduces beam's damage to Isaac's base damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mega Blast's collectible sprite is called 'Mega Satan's Breath' in the game files, which may be its initial name.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
WCB1 YZ39 (First floor Devil Room)
3KY4 LSVL (Second floor Devil Room)
MKNJ 711R (Third floor Devil Room)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|