Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 4, column 16, row 4)|
|Defeat Mega Satan as every characterMega|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, Isaac fires a giant, incredibly powerful blood laser, similar to the one used by Mega Satan, for 15 seconds.
- The beam deals Isaac's current damage multiplied by 5 per tick.
- The beam has enough power to push Isaac backwards while being fired, and will last between rooms, and across multiple floors.
- The beam has spectral and piercing effects.
- The beam can be moved while firing in many angles diagonally.
- While Mega Blast is being fired, Isaac cannot:
- The laser extinguishes fires, detonates TNT, and destroys poop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up a Little Battery with this item will not fully charge it. Instead, it will add 3 to its charge, meaning that 4 batteries are required to fully recharge the item.
- A charged key will only add 3 charges as well.
- Using a 48 Hour Energy pill with this item will fully charge it.
- Mega Blast has an 80% decreased item pool weight, making it less likely to appear than other collectibles.
- In order to unlock Mega Blast, Mega Satan must be defeated with all characters including secret characters (The Lost and Keeper).
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Adds a chance for beams to fire with triple damage.
- Homing Tears: Beam curves toward nearby enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Massively increases damage, poisons enemies, and turns the beam dark red.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Increases the damage of the laser the farther that it travels. Also colors the laser black and makes it wider as it travels.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Quadruples beam's damage.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Beam bounces off walls like BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. would.
- SchoolbagAllows Isaac to hold two active items.: Beam will continue to fire when switching to another active item. Other active item can be used while beam is firing.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Beam rotates around the player like Brimstone would.
- VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades.: Allows the item to be used every 6 rooms instead of 12 and batteries will fully charge the item.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Laser beam will only split and change color when Isaac is directly against a wall.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Laser beams turn a light brown color.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Multiplies beam damage by 1.2, retains homing effect. The beam does not have a damaging aura.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Multiplies beam damage by 1.3.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Familiar fires normal tears while Mega Blast is in use.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Causes the beam to curve while moving.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range.: The beam does massively increased damage at close range but does nearly no damage from afar.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Reduces beam's damage to Isaac's base damage.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Decreases beam's damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mega Blast's collectible sprite is called 'Mega Satan's Breath' in the game files, which may be its initial name.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
WCB1 YZ39 (First floor Devil Room)
3KY4 LSVL (Second floor Devil Room)
MKNJ 711R (Third floor Devil Room)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|