Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Grants a random item's effect for the current room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Beware using this as The Lost, as it can trigger self-harm items and kill him.
- Using this item multiple times in the same room will replace the previous item with a new one.
- Metronome cannot grant the effects of itself, Glowing Hour GlassWhen used, this item will rewind time, put Isaac back in the previous room, and undo anything that happened in the current room. Any health, pickups, or items gained or lost will be reset back to the previous state. or Plan CKills all enemies in the room, then kills Isaac three seconds later..
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car BatteryCauses Isaac's activated item to activate twice on each use.: Metronome is activated twice at once as expected, but the item chosen for the first activation is shown raised above Isaac's head, instead of the second one that actually remains active.
Specific Item Effects[edit | edit source]
- Certain items used by Metronome have permanent, limited/unusual or no effect. It is not clear what is intended and what is a bug.
- Permanent effects include:
- Health, coins, bombs, or keys that are granted to Isaac directly will persist.
- ClickerTransforms Isaac into another random character. will permanently remove the latest item and change character.
- Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages. granted by Potato PeelerRemoves a heart container, increases damage and range, and grants a Cube of Meat. will persist.
- D8Re-rolls Isaac's speed, range, tears, and damage.'s rerolled stat multipliers will persist, D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items. or D100Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20. will reroll all items permamently and D InfinityGrants a random dice item that changes each use. mimicking any of the previous also has the same effects.
- DataminerDisplaces enemy sprites for the current room, randomly increases one stat and decreases another.'s stat changes will persist.
- Forget Me NowWhen activated, the level ends and is freshly regenerated with new rooms, monsters, and items. Disappears after use. will restart the level.
- VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades. absorbing passives and granting stats will persist.
- Limited and unusual effects include:
- Items do not spawn pickups and consumables that they might when picked up normally.
- Items that adjust Isaac's size will not do so.
- 1up!Gives an extra life. Upon death, you will respawn in the previous room with full health and lose the 1up!. and Guppy's CollarGrants Isaac a permanent 50% chance to respawn with 1/2 of a red heart after death. give no indication of extra lives, but will still work if you die in the room.
- AbaddonIncreases damage and speed, removes all red heart containers, grants six black hearts, and adds a chance to shoot fear tears. will not remove red hearts or grant black hearts.
- Belly ButtonDrops a random trinket. Grants a second trinket slot. and Mom's PurseAllows Isaac to hold 1 additional trinket. allow picking up two trinkets in the room, but if another one is picked up outside, one trinket disappears completely along the extra slot.
- Black CandlePrevents curses. Grants one black heart. Increases the chance for a Devil or angel room to appear. only adds a black heart and does not remove curses.
- Brittle BonesReplaces all red hearts with 6 empty bone hearts. Upon losing a bone heart, Isaac fires bones in 8 directions and permanently gains a tears up. and Divorce PapersSpawns a Mysterious Paper, increases tears, and grants a bone heart. do not grant bone hearts. Brittle Bones can still be used to gain permanent tears ups if bone hearts are available.
- Crown of LightGives Isaac a crown that glows blue when active, and turns gray when inactive. While Isaac has no empty red heart containers, Isaac's tears are replaced with blue diamond tears that deal double damage. Regardless of health, the crown will deactivate for the current room when Isaac takes damage. only adds soul hearts, no damage multiplier.
- Dead CatSets the amount of red heart containers to 1, but gives Isaac 9 extra lives. After dying, Isaac is teleported to the last safe room. New heart containers can be obtained after picking up this item, but after each death, the number of heart containers is set to 1 again. will only restore one red heart without setting heart containers to 1. It also gives no extra lives.
- Deep PocketsAllows Isaac to carry two cards or pills (or a combination of both) at the same time., Little BaggyIsaac can hold 2 pills at once and all cards are replaced by pills., PolydactylyAllows Isaac to carry two cards, pills, or any combination of both at the same time. Drops a random card or pill. and Starter DeckIsaac can hold 2 cards at once and all pills are replaced by cards. allow picking up two consumables while in the room and kept outside, but using them will lose the extra slot.
- Eden's Blessing+0.7 tears up. Grants a random item at the start of the next run. will not grant an extra item for the next run.
- FateGrants flight and one eternal heart. only grants flight, no eternal heart.
- PHDConverts all bad pills into good pills, spawns one pill pickup and restores health. Identifies all pills upon pickup. will not identify pills, but they are still guaranteed to not be negative.
- SchoolbagAllows Isaac to hold two active items. allows picking up two activated items while in the room and they can be kept even outside, but the extra slot and one of the items is lost if another activated item is picked up.
- The following items have no effect:
- Items that only spawn pickups or consumables are not mentioned separately.
- 3 Dollar BillGives Isaac a random tear effect every room.
The effect given changes upon entering a room.
The effect changes every 3 seconds., AnkhUpon death, the player will respawn as ??? with 3 soul hearts., Blue MapShows secret and super secret room locations on the map., Breath of LifeGrants a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage., Broken WatchChance upon entering a room to slow down or speed up every enemy and their attacks. The chance to slow enemies is quite higher than the chance to speed them up., Camo UndiesIsaac becomes camouflaged at the beginning of each room. Enemies will not attack Isaac until he starts firing tears., The CandleThrows out a blue flame that can pass over gaps (but not through rocks). The flame damages anything in its path., The CompassReveals all special rooms (except secret rooms of any kind)., ContagionThe first enemy killed in a room explodes and poisons nearby enemies. Poisoned enemies will also explode upon death., Death's ListGrants a reward if all enemies in a room are killed in the order they are marked., Experimental TreatmentRandomly increases and decreases some of the character's stats., Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room., The JarWhen at full health, up to 4 extra hearts can be stored in the jar., Judas' ShadowAdds an extra life; upon death, it respawns Isaac as Black Judas with only two black hearts., Lazarus' RagsUpon dying, resurrect as Revived Lazarus with one heart container and Anemic item., MarrowGrants one bone heart and spawns three red heart pickups., The MindGrants the combined effects of the Blue Map, Treasure Map, and The Compass, revealing the floor layout and all special rooms, including Secret Rooms and Super Secret Rooms., Missing No.Randomizes all passive items upon pickup and at the start of each succeeding floor., More OptionsTwo items spawn in every Treasure Room. Only one can be taken; the other will disappear., Poke GoUpon entering a room with enemies in it, has a chance to spawn a random friendly enemy that persists across rooms., PurityThis item will boost one of Isaac's stats depending on the color of the aura around him. The aura will disappear upon taking damage and will reappear with a random color upon entering a new room. A red aura boosts damage, a blue aura boosts rate of fire, a yellow aura boosts speed, and an orange aura boosts range., Red CandleThrows a persistent flame that deals high damage and diminishes as it damages enemies or blocks shots., Spelunker HatReveals type of adjacent rooms, including location for secret rooms and super secret rooms., Treasure MapReveals all rooms for every floor. However, it does not reveal icons or secret rooms.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name, pickup quote, and effect of this item are a reference to the move 'Metronome' from the Pokémon franchise.
- This item works similarly to the item Dead Sea ScrollsTriggers the effect of a random activated item from a list of possible options (not every activated item is included)..
|Blank CardDefeat Isaac as EdenBook of SecretsDefeat Satan as EdenMysterious PaperBeat ??? as EdenMystery SackDefeat The Lamb as EdenUndefinedComplete the Boss Rush as EdenGlitch BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Eden||Eden's BlessingDefeat Hush as EdenGB BugDefeat Ultra Greed as EdenYellow BabyDefeat Mega Satan as EdenCracked BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as Eden||Eden's SoulDefeat Delirium as EdenMetronomeDefeat Ultra Greedier as Eden|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|