Midas' Touch is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon contact with enemies, deals damage equal to the number of coins Isaac has.
- Freezes and turns enemies into gold upon contact with Isaac.
- Enemies killed while in this state will drop 1-4 pennies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With Midas' Touch, some effects that create poop may instead create golden poop (see Synergies for details).
- When used against Mom, Mom's foot can usually be hit and will be turned into gold without the player taking damage.
- When used against Satan, Satan's foot will be turned into gold and receive a lot of damage.
- When used against Ultra Greed, his armor will be partially impaired to a 25% efficiency.
- Spawning Multiplayer Babies while the player has Midas' Touch will give the Midas' Touch effects (freeze on touch + damage) to the baby itself. This can be abused, considering the baby's invincibility frames upon spawning:
- Spawn the baby using the Enter key. It is invicible for a short period of time.
- During this period, stay in contact with enemies to freeze them and damage them.
- This can be used to gather 99 coins very quickly, and in turn, deal massive damage with Midas' Touch damage component.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- A Card Against HumanityCovers the entire room with poop. The process is not instant, and the room will not get filled if you leave it before it's done filling. - Spawned poops have a great chance to turn into golden poops. 10% at 0 Luck and 100% at 18 Luck.
- A DollarGives Isaac 99 coins. Can be found multiple times in a single playthrough./ A QuarterAdds 25 to Isaac's coin count, capping at 99. - The money gained directly contributes to the contact damage, instantly maxing it out in case of the Dollar.
- E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop. - Turns enemies into golden poop when touched.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote. + E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop. - Launching a rocket at yourself will turn the rocket into a golden poop, causing the explosion to break it automatically and spawning coins, which allows health to be exchanged for money.
- Flush!Changes all enemies in the room into poop. Does not work on all enemies (Knights and bosses are immune). Instantly kills Dingle, Dangle, and Brownie. - Enemies will turn into Golden Poop, yielding a large amount of coins.
- Invulnerability/Shield - Enemies touched will turn golden while not taking any damage.
- Re-Lax Pill: Spawned poop has a high chance to turn into golden poop.
- SkatoleAll types of fly except Boom Fly and Red Boom Fly become passive and slowly move towards Isaac. Does not prevent contact damage. + Shell Game Beggar- With Skatole, the Shell game will only spawn black flies instead of attack flies, which don't damage Isaac. With Midas' Touch, you can safely touch the flies before killing them to generate money.
- The PoopSpawns a pile of poop where the character is standing and knocks nearby monsters back. May yield pickups like regular poop. - Using The Poop has a high chance to spawn golden poop. 50% at 0 Luck and 100% at 5 Luck.
- Unicorn StumpUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, but removes the ability to shoot tears. - Isaac can now turn enemies (and bosses) into gold while dealing contact damage and essentially receiving an endless supply of coins.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. - Isaac can now use absorbed first damage to turn one enemy into gold and the temporary immunity from the damage to also hit any enemies that were nearby.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to King Midas from Greek Mythology, who was able to turn everything he touched with his hand into gold and ended up accidentally turning his own daughter into a golden statue.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC[edit | edit source]
ECQD 406C (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1GGE L14P (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PS4[edit | edit source]
TTWQ DSHX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PS Vita[edit | edit source]
FMPM PY7E (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Switch[edit | edit source]
KCCV 8LM3 (First Floor Treasure Room ; East from Start)