From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| Midas' Touch|
(Page 2, Column 19, Row 4)
(Page 2, Column 9, Row 10)
Midas' Touch is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon contact with enemies, deals damage equal to the number of coins Isaac has.
- Freezes and turns enemies into gold upon contact with Isaac.
- Enemies killed while in this state will drop 1-4 pennies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When used against Mom, Mom's foot can usually be hit and will be turned into gold without the player taking damage.
- When used against Satan, Satan's foot will be turned into gold and receive a lot of damage.
- When used against Ultra Greed, his armor will be partially impaired to a 25% efficiency.
- Spawning Multiplayer Babies while the player has Midas' Touch will give the Midas' Touch effects (freeze on touch + damage) to the baby itself. This can be abused, considering the baby's invincibility frames upon spawning:
- Spawn the baby using the Enter key. It is invicible for a short period of time.
- During this period, stay in contact with enemies to freeze them and damage them.
- This can be used to gather 99 coins very quickly, and in turn, deal massive damage with Midas' Touch damage component.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- A Card Against Humanity - Spawned poops have a great chance to turn into golden poops. 10% at 0 Luck and 100% at 18 Luck.
- A Dollar / A Quarter - The money gained directly contributes to the contact damage, instantly maxing it out in case of the Dollar.
- E Coli - Turns enemies into golden poop when touched.
- Flush! - Enemies will turn into Golden Poop, yielding a large amount of coins.
- Invulnerability/Shield - Enemies touched will turn golden while not taking any damage.
- Re-Lax Pill: Spawned poop has a high chance to turn into golden poop.
- Skatole + Shell Game Beggar- With Skatole, the Shell game will only spawn black flies instead of attack flies, which don't damage Isaac. With Midas' Touch, you can safely touch the flies before killing them to generate money.
- The Poop - Using The Poop has a high chance to spawn golden poop. 50% at 0 Luck and 100% at 5 Luck.
- Unicorn Stump - Isaac can now turn enemies (and bosses) into gold while dealing contact damage and essentially receiving an endless supply of coins.
Ingame Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to King Midas from Greek Mythology, who was able to turn everything he touched with his hand into gold and ended up accidentally turning his own daughter into a golden statue.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC[edit | edit source]
ECQD 406C (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1GGE L14P (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PS4[edit | edit source]
TTWQ DSHX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PS Vita[edit | edit source]
FMPM PY7E (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Switch[edit | edit source]
KCCV 8LM3 (First Floor Treasure Room ; East from Start)