|(page 2, column 19, row 4)|
Midas' Touch is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon contact with enemies, deals damage equal to the number of coins Isaac has.
- Damage is dealt up to twice per second per enemy.
- Freezes and turns enemies into gold upon contact with Isaac.
- Enemies killed while in this state will drop 1-4 pennies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With Midas' Touch, some effects that create poop may instead create golden poop (see Synergies for details).
- When used against Mom, Mom's foot can usually be hit and will be turned into gold without the player taking damage.
- When used against Satan, Satan's foot will be turned into gold and receive a lot of damage.
- When used against Ultra Greed, his armor will be partially impaired to a 25% efficiency.
- Spawning Multiplayer Babies while the player has Midas' Touch will give the Midas' Touch effects (freeze on touch + damage) to the baby itself. This can be abused, considering the baby's invincibility frames upon spawning:
- Spawn the baby using the Enter key. It is invincible for a short period of time.
- During this period, stay in contact with enemies to freeze them and damage them.
- This can be used to gather 99 coins very quickly, and in turn, deal massive damage with Midas' Touch damage component.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- A Card Against HumanityCovers the entire room with poop. The process is not instant, and the room will not get filled if you leave it before it's done filling.: Spawned poops have a great chance to turn into golden poops. 10% at 0 Luck and 100% at 18 Luck.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote. + E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop.: Launching a rocket at Isaac will turn the rocket into a golden poop, causing the explosion to break it automatically and spawning coins, which allows health to be exchanged for money.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room.: Isaac can now use absorbed first damage to turn one enemy into gold and the temporary immunity from the damage to also hit any enemies that were nearby.
- The PoopSpawns a pile of poop where the character is standing and knocks nearby monsters back. May yield pickups like regular poop.: Using The Poop has a high chance to spawn golden poop. 50% at 0 Luck and 100% at 5 Luck.
- Unicorn StumpUpon use, grants invulnerability and increased speed for five seconds, but removes the ability to shoot tears.: Isaac can now turn enemies (and bosses) into gold while dealing contact damage and essentially receiving an endless supply of coins.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to King Midas from Greek Mythology, who was able to turn everything he touched with his hand into gold and ended up accidentally turning his own daughter into a golden statue.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
ECQD 406C (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1GGE L14P (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
TTWQ DSHX (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
FMPM PY7E (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
KCCV 8LM3 (First Floor Treasure Room ; East from Start)
- Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies.
- E ColiGives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop.
- Flush!Changes all enemies in the room into poop. Does not work on all enemies (Knights and bosses are immune). Instantly kills Dingle, Dangle, and Brownie.
- Hallowed GroundSpawns a white poop familiar, which turns into a white poop when Isaac is hurt.
- Midas' TouchEnemies that touch you are stunned and turn gold. Any enemy killed while in this state will drop a coin.
- No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 60 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.
- The PoopSpawns a pile of poop where the character is standing and knocks nearby monsters back. May yield pickups like regular poop.
- SkatoleAll types of fly except Boom Fly and Red Boom Fly become passive and slowly move towards Isaac. Does not prevent contact damage.
- Brown CapPoop blocks will explode after being destroyed.
- MeconiumPoop has a chance to turn into black poop.
- Mysterious CandyIsaac farts or poops at random intervals. Getting hit can also trigger the effect.
- Petrified PoopGreatly increases the chances of a pickup dropping when destroying poop.
- Used DiaperGrants the Skatole effect in some rooms.
- A Card Against HumanityCovers the entire room with poop. The process is not instant, and the room will not get filled if you leave it before it's done filling.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|