Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
As opposed to most other special rooms, a player can't tell this type of room from the appearance of the door without items that reveal this information, like The Compass or Spelunker Hat, making the encounter a surprise. Once entered, all doors will be barred with two horizontal wood planks and metal, making it impossible to escape by blasting them open with bombs.
It has three properties that are shared with many special rooms:
- Not every floor contains a mini-boss room
- No floor may contain more than one
- It is always a dead end, except for a fight against Greed or Super Greed in the Secret Room.
Standard Mini-Boss Rooms can spawn on any floor up to Chapter 5. In Chapter 6, Mini-Boss Rooms do not appear except for Greed or Super Greed in the Secret Room. However, mini-bosses are frequently encountered as regular enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A door leading to a Mini-Boss Room cannot be bombed open.
- Using Dad's KeyOpens all doors in the current room when activated, including doors which require a key to open and entrances to secret rooms. Opens the big doors in the first room of both The Chest and the Dark Room. or a Get out of Jail Free CardUpon use, opens all doors in the current room (including the golden door at The Chest / Dark Room), similar to Dad's Key. can open the door.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|