(Redirected from Missing No)
|(page 3, column 14, row 1)|
|Complete the Boss Rush as LazarusMissing No.|
Missing No. is an unlockable passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Randomizes passive items and attributes on pickup and at the start of every floor.
- Stats gain a random flat modifier. These modifiers do not stack between levels and are instead rerolled every time.
- Does not affect trinkets, cards, pills, Pretty Flies, The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest. / The NegativeIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers The Necronomicon effect, damaging all enemies in the room. Also allows entrance into the Dark Room., Key Piece 1Combined with Key Piece 2, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan. / Key Piece 2Combined with Key Piece 1, unlocks the golden gate in the starting room of The Chest and Dark Room to fight Mega Satan., or active items.
- Can cause but does not remove transformations.
- Missing No. cannot be re-rolled with D4Rerolls all of Isaac's items. or D100Upon use, rerolls all passive items on Isaac like the D4, every pedestal item in the room like The D6, and every pickup like the D20. after being picked up.
In-game footage[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- There is no real strategy to Missing No. as it randomizes all the player's items. The benefit of the randomization can be added by collecting more items to increase the chance of a good item synergy.
- However, this item can be used to gain more health if desperately needed, as the randomization does often include items that grant you various types of hearts.
- If the player has already obtained a large number of items (such as during a run where they have gained infinite money in greed mode), it is highly recommended to avoid this item, as it will almost always end up rerolling all the items the player has thus far collected into BreakfastGrants Isaac one full red heart container..
- Due to losing all items every level, it is beneficial to try to gain permanent stat boosts if possible. These include using pills when equipped with PHDConverts all bad pills into good pills, spawns one pill pickup and restores health. Identifies all pills upon pickup. or VirgoGrants a chance to trigger the Book of Shadows effect upon taking damage, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 10 seconds. Also converts "bad pills" into "good pills"., sacrificing health with Potato PeelerRemoves a heart container, increases damage and range, and grants a Cube of Meat. to gain damage or Brittle BonesReplaces all red hearts with 6 empty bone hearts. Upon losing a bone heart, Isaac fires bones in 8 directions and permanently gains a tears up. to gain tears, or using up Judas' ShadowAdds an extra life; upon death, it respawns Isaac as Black Judas with only two black hearts..
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the infamous Missing No. glitch occuring in the first Pokémon games. The glitch would often corrupt save files, and therefore randomize various parts of the game as it would use the incomplete index values attributed to entities not included in the final release of the game. Isaac's appearance when affected by Missing No. is based on this glitch which could cause the player's sprite to become scrambled.
- The item also resembles the painting "Composition with Red, Yellow, and Blue" by Dutch painter Piet Mondrian.
- The background color for the Missing No. achievement has the same color as all the challenge unlocks. This implies that Missing No. was originally intended to be unlocked via a challenge. (Or, perhaps, it was intended to be looked at as an error.)
Seeds[edit | edit source]
FTTQ E3RZ - Secret room directly to the right of the starting room
X1F3 19X9 - First floor secret room to the left of the shop
2QDT ALD2 - First floor secret room to the bottom of the treasure room
W4Q7 JMMP - First floor secret room directly under the treasure room
- Broken ModemEnemies, enemy shots, tears, and pickups will briefly freeze in place at random intervals.
- DataminerDisplaces enemy sprites for the current room, randomly increases one stat and decreases another.
- GB BugA glitch familiar that bounces around the room and applies a random status effect to any enemies it comes into contact with and has a chance to re-roll pickups that it passes over.
- Missing No.Randomizes all passive items upon pickup and at the start of each succeeding floor.
- UndefinedTeleports Isaac to either the Secret Room, Super Secret Room, Treasure Room, or I AM ERROR.
- ErrorGives a random trinket effect each room.
|Missing No.Complete the Boss Rush as LazarusLazarus' RagsDefeat Isaac as LazarusBroken AnkhDefeat Satan as LazarusStore CreditDefeat ??? as LazarusPandora's BoxDefeat The Lamb as LazarusWrapped Baby Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Azazel
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as LazarusBegotten Baby Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Lazarus
Defeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Azazel
|Empty VesselDefeat Hush as LazarusKey BumDefeat Ultra Greed as LazarusLong BabyDefeat Mega Satan as LazarusDripping BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as Lazarus||Compound FractureDefeat Delirium as LazarusPlan CDefeat Ultra Greedier as Lazarus|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|