The Missing Poster is an unlockable trinket.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- If Isaac dies in a Sacrifice Room while holding it, a particular puzzle piece will be displayed as the cause of his death on his last will.
- Dying in a Sacrifice Room while holding it will outright unlock The Lost, regardless of the current character.
- If Isaac dies while holding this trinket and has already unlocked The Lost, he will be revived as The Lost and Missing Poster will be consumed.
- If The Lost dies while holding this trinket, he will be revived in the previous room and Missing Poster will be consumed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Lost will not be unlocked if the player is in a Victory Lap or RERUN.
- None of the effects will occur during any Challenges.
- Even if Holy Mantle has been unlocked as one of The Lost's starting items, if any character dies while holding the Missing Poster, The Lost will not hold the Holy Mantle upon revival.
- If Gulp!, Smelter, or Marbles were used to absorb the poster, its effects will apply and can be used to unlock The Lost and respawn (but the effect still only applies once).
Puzzle Pieces [edit | edit source]
- The puzzle piece will belong to one of four jigsaw puzzles. To which one is indicated by a tiny grey symbol to the top left of the piece.
- The symbol can either be a pixel, a 2x2px square, a 3x3 px square, or four pixels arranged like a plus-sign.
- Each jigsaw puzzle displays an altered last will for the characters Isaac, Maggy, Judas, or Azazel respectively.
- Each picture on the last will shows in which way Isaac has to die when playing as the respective character to unlock The Lost.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Note that this footage only applies to the Rebirth version of this trinket and does not show the changes made to it in Afterbirth.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The first scenes in Ending 15 and Ending 17 show The Missing Poster pinned to a utility pole, with a silhouette of Isaac's mother who seems to be searching for Isaac in the background.
- There are many puzzle pieces in total. Assembling all of the jigsaw puzzles and figuring out what they meant was initially designed to be a collaborative effort of the community. As such, Edmund and Tyrone had openly expressed disappointment towards the datamining.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
38JD 9HNG (Curse room adjacent to spawn, drops after clearing the room)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|