|This article is about the boss. For the transformation, see Yes Mother (Transformation).|
Isaac's Mom is the boss found in The Depths II and is the final boss for the game's prologue. She is a delusional woman who believes that the hallucination she hears telling her to murder her son is the voice of God.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mom's fight takes place in the entirety of the room. Four Boss Room doors will emerge on all four sides of the room, and Mom can attack from any of these doors. She can stomp on Isaac, which is telegraphed by a growing shadow and her screaming. All of her attacks will deal a full heart of damage. She can only be hurt by hitting her directly when she exposes her foot, eye, flesh, or hand.
Standing too close to the doors will result in Mom striking with her hand. If the player isn't in reach and she isn't using her foot stomp attack, a piece of flesh will bulge from the doors and spawn various enemies. Occasionally, she may stick her eye out of the door, which is harmless and vulnerable to being attacked by Isaac.
Mom's stomp attack can damage nearby enemies and destroy obstacles, but the foot itself does no contact damage.
Enemies spawned by Mom are:
- Frowning Gapers
- Globins (Dank Globins if fought in the Dank Depths)
- Red Maws
The Bible[edit | edit source]
Champion Variants[edit | edit source]
- Blue: This variant summons monsters more often and only summons various types of enemies added in the Wrath of The Lamb expansion for the original game, including Spiders, Big Spiders, Trites, Buttlickers, Keepers and Blisters.
- Red: This variant does not summon monsters at all, and instead constantly uses her foot stomp. Her eyes can shoot three blood shots at the player when they emerge and she uses her hand much more often.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using The High Priestess card during the fight with Mom will result in Isaac being stomped instead of the enemy with the highest health.
- Though, if done correctly, one could possibly kill Mom in one hit by using the card while next to Mom's leg.
- Mom's stomp attack counts as a bomb; this means Isaac can be immune to it with Pyromaniac or Host Hat.
- Mom cannot damage herself with her stomp attack.
- Midas' Touch causes Mom's foot to be turned into gold before it lands, giving the player ample time to move out of the way and place bombs or otherwise.
- After Mom's foot touches the ground, it is safe to touch no matter what; as opposed to dealing contact damage, it is purely explosive.
- Mom can now spawn some of the new DLC monsters such as Dank Globins due to the Monster Variants of the original enemies.
- The Polaroid is always to the left and The Negative is always to the right, in case Curse Of The Blind is active.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mom as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mom is one of the two bosses in the game to have a unique design for her name in the Versus screen. The other one is Brownie.
- In the original game, Mom's leg dealt a full heart of contact damage.
- Mom is the only final boss that has champion variants.
- How using the Bible kills Mom instantly is a reference on how a bible hits her head in the epilogue of the game, knocking her out or killing her.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|