If an I AM ERROR room is used on The Depths/Necropolis/Dank Depths II
| The Polaroid and The Negative|
If both are not unlocked, then
|This article is about the boss. For the transformation, see Yes Mother (Transformation).|
Isaac's Mom is the boss found on the second floor of the third chapter, and the final boss of the Epilogue. She is a delusional woman who believes that the hallucination she hears telling her to murder her son is the voice of God.
Defeating Mom for the first time causes mods to no longer disable achievements.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mom's fight always begins with Mom stomping in the center of the room. Four Boss Room doors will emerge on all four sides of the room, and Mom can attack from any of these doors.
She can stomp on Isaac, which is telegraphed by a growing shadow and her screaming. Mom's stomp attack can damage nearby enemies and destroy obstacles, but the foot itself does no contact damage.
Standing too close to the doors will result in Mom striking with her hand. If the player isn't in reach and she isn't using her foot stomp attack, a piece of flesh will bulge from the doors and spawn various enemies, which can be:
- Frowning Gapers
- Attack Flies
- Red Maws
Occasionally, she may stick her eye out of the door, which doesn't attack in any way and is vulnerable to being attacked by Isaac, though it will still damage him if he accidentally bumps into it.
All of her attacks will deal a full heart of damage. She can only be hurt by hitting her directly when she exposes her foot, eye, flesh, or hand. Once Mom is defeated, all enemies spawned by Mom will die as well, except for Globins, which will only collapse into piles of goo that have to be killed.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Blue: This variant has 793.4 HP (23% more), summons monsters more often and summons a different variation of enemies that were added in the Wrath of The Lamb expansion of the original game, which are:
- Red: This variant does not summon monsters at all, and instead constantly uses her foot stomp, giving the player less time to react to it as well. Her eyes can shoot three blood shots in a spread formation at the player when they emerge and she uses her hand much more often.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mom as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- The Womb - Defeat Mom.
- The Harbingers - Defeat Mom.
- A Cube of Meat - Defeat Mom.
- Purist - Defeat Mom.
- XXXXXXXXL - Defeat Mom.
- SPEED! - Defeat Mom.
- Have a Heart - Defeat Mom.
- PRIDE DAY! - Defeat Mom.
- Onan's Streak - Defeat Mom.
- The Guardian - Defeat Mom.
- Aprils fool - Defeat Mom.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Defeating Mom for the first time will change the current savefile's image.
- Using The Bible item during the Mom boss fight will kill her instantly and unlock The Halo.
- Using The High Priestess card during the fight with Mom will result in Isaac being stomped instead of the enemy with the highest health.
- Though, if done correctly, one could kill Mom in one hit by using the card while next to Mom's leg.
- Mom's stomp attack counts as a bomb; this means Isaac can be immune to it with Pyromaniac or Host Hat.
- With Pyromaniac, Isaac can be healed when stomped.
- Red Mom is nearly impossible to lose against with Pyromaniac or Host Hat.
- Mom cannot damage herself with her stomp attack.
- Midas' Touch causes Mom's foot to be turned into gold before it lands, giving the player ample time to move out of the way and place bombs or otherwise.
- The Polaroid is always to the left and The Negative is always to the right, in case Curse Of The Blind is active.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mom is voiced by Carla Kihlstedt.
- Mom appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- In the original, Mom's voice was provided by Patty Allen-Scott
- Mom's Leg originally dealt a full heart of damage.
- Unlike in Rebirth, Mom would shout "Isaac!" whenever she exposed her eye.
- Mom is one of the two bosses in the game to have a unique design for her name in the Versus screen. The other one is Brownie.
- Mom is the only final boss that has champion variants.
- How using the Bible kills Mom instantly is a reference on how a bible hits her head in the epilogue of the game, knocking her out or killing her.
- During the versus screen, the "Isaac!" line from Mom can be heard, despite the battle not starting yet. She is one of six bosses that can be heard during the versus screen; the other five are Big Horn, The Stain, The Forsaken, Mom's Heart and It Lives.
- If Isaac gets hurt by Mom, she will laugh.
- In The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls rendition of Credit Card, the name "Magdalene O. Moriah" can be seen carved in the credit card. The name was reused on Four Souls+ rendition of Divorce Papers. Edmund has confirmed that this is indeed Mom's full name.
- The last name "Moriah" is likely a reference to the biblical location of the same name. In the bible, it is said that Moriah is where Abraham almost sacrificed his son before God sent an angel to stop his hand.
- According to Edmund, the occupations of Mom and Dad are stay-at-home mom and handyman respectively.
- The skirt she wears on her in-game sprite is difficult to see in regular play as her leg extends past the screen. Using the Dataminer can make the skirt visible.
- Delirium's Mom form appears to wear a pile of flesh and organs rather than a skirt.
- Prior to Booster Pack #5, Globins spawned by Mom could turn into Dank Globins if she was fought in the Dank Depths.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|