| 4 rooms|
|(page 4, column 14, line 4)
Mom's Box is an activated item added in Afterbirth.
- Upon activation, drops a random trinket on the ground.
- +1 luck while held.
- While held, doubles the effect of most trinkets.
- Despite this item having "Mom" in the name, it does not count towards the Yes Mother transformation.
- Mom's Box does not affect the following trinkets:
- AAA BatteryAutomatically recharges the last energy slot of an activated item, effectively reducing recharge rates by one.
- Bag LunchTaking damage has a small chance to destroy the trinket and spawn Lunch.
- Broken RemoteTriggers the Teleport effect whenever an activated item is used.
- Dim BulbProvides a boost to all stats when Isaac's active item is completely uncharged.
- Duct TapeStops Isaac's familiars from moving.
- Extension CordBeams of yellow electricity flow between Isaac and his familiars, damaging any enemies between them.
- Fish TailItems and trinkets that generate blue flies or blue spiders will generate twice as many.
- Monkey PawIf the character has half a heart after taking damage, it drops a Black Heart. The effect can trigger up to three times, after which the trinket will disappear.
- Rotten PennySpawns a blue fly every time a coin is picked up.
- Stem CellHeals for half a heart upon traveling to the next floor.
- Store CreditThe next store purchase is free. The trinket disappears on purchase.
- Vibrant BulbProvides a boost to all stats when Isaac's active item is fully charged.
- Wooden CrossGrants a Holy Mantle shield upon entering a new floor, which protects against one hit of damage.
- VoidConsumes all pedestal items in the room. Active items will have their effects added to Void, and passive items will grant stat upgrades. does not absorb the passive benefits of Mom's Box.
- Blind RageIncreases invincibility time after getting hit.: Grants much longer invincibility after taking damage than normal.
- Cancer-2 Tear Delay (effectively increases firerate of tears).: Grants -4 Tear Delay instead of -2. When Isaac's tears stat is at its maximum, resulting in 5 tear delay, this synergy reduces tear delay all the way down to its minimum of 1.
- Cracked CrownGrants extra stat upgrades based on Isaac's passive items that increase stats, +0.2 tears, -1 tear delay.: Grants -2 Tear Delay and further increases damage, speed, range, and shot speed if they are above base value, by about 77%.
- Curved HornIncreases damage by 2.: Grants +4 Damage instead of +2.
- Fish HeadSpawns a blue fly every time Isaac takes damage.: Spawns two blue flies when hurt.
- Goat HoofIncreases speed by 0.15.: Grants +0.3 Speed instead of +0.15.
- Hook WormTears move shifting left to right forming a path of right angles. +10 to Range (effective range remains about the same).: Grants +20 Range instead of +10.
- Golden Horse Shoe+15% chance for a Treasure Room with two items to spawn.: Increases the double item room spawn chance to 30%
- Lazy WormTear shot speed is greatly reduced.: Grants +8 Range instead of +4, +4 Tear Height instead of +2, but no effect on shot speed.
- Lil LarvaSpawns a blue fly from every pile of poop Isaac destroys.: Two Flies spawn from each poop instead of one.
- Maggy's FaithGives an eternal heart at the start of every floor.: Gives two eternal hearts at the start of each floor (and thus a full heart).
- Lucky ToeIncreases Luck by 1.: Grants +2 Luck instead of +1.
- SmelterConsumes Isaac's currently held trinket and applies its effect permanently. / Gulp! pill: Most absorbed trinkets will still have their effects doubled.
- Swallowed PennyUpon taking damage, Isaac drops a penny.: Drops two coins instead of one.
- Tape WormDoubles Isaac's range and halves his tear height.: Quadruples your Range instead of doubling it and greatly increases tear height.
- Whip WormIncreases shot speed by 0.5, increasing effective range.: Grants +1 Shot Speed instead of +0.5.
- May be a reference to the film Seven where the climax of the film involves the protagonist asking the question over and over again "What's in the box?".