Mom's Contacts is an unlockable passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking.
- +0.25 Range up ( not applied until the next time Isaac's range stat is updated).
- +0.5 Tear Height ( not applied until the next time Isaac's tear height is updated).
- This item belongs to the Yes Mother set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into his mother.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The activation chance depends on the luck stat, and goes up to around 50% with approximately 20 luck.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Freezing tears are more likely to be fired.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears that have freezing effect will have split tears that also have freezing effect.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Occasionally fires red-tinted bombs that can freeze enemies.
- Finger!Spawns a finger familiar that points at enemies, dealing constant damage. - Has a high chance to freeze any enemies the finger is pointing towards.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Occasionally fires freezing shots that will split into burst tears that have freezing effect. It can be hard to distinguish between normal tears and freezing tears.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Occasionally fires explosive shots that can freeze enemies.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: If freezing tears are fed first when they burst, the split tears can also freeze enemies.
- Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it. - Enemies within the black ring will quickly be frozen.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: The laser and tears will occasionally freeze enemies.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Occasionally fires pink beams that freeze enemies.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Occasionally fires missiles that can freeze enemies. No visual difference.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears./ Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Increases chances of freezing tears; however, it can be hard to distinguish between normal tears and freezing tears.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Increases chances of firing freezing tears; however, it can be hard to distinguish between normal and freezing tears. The stone also has a chance to freeze enemies.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Lasers can occasionally freeze enemies with no visual difference.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: Electricity connecting tears has its own chance to freeze enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The petrifying effect depends on the luck stat, and goes up to around 50% with more than 10 Luck.
- Petrifying a Heart also freezes the Mask bound to it.
- Petrifying an enemy with a weak zone (Scolex or Carrion Queen) will make the enemy take damage anywhere while it is petrified, making combat significantly easier.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mom's Contacts' appearance was changed in Booster Pack #5.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mom's Contacts' original appearance before Booster Pack #5.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Enemies with multiple segments (Chub, Pin, etc.) can be petrified and have their segments destroyed individually, but continue to live with any remaining health. This can be problematic at times especially with Carrion Queen, as you could destroy the "tail" or center body segment when Carrion Queen is petrified, thus making you have to petrify her again, or use bombs to do damage.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
YC7D 3ESJ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
FQTZ TL49 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
2AM1 V6PE (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Y0VX F8D6 (Treasure room first floor; Curse of the Lost)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|