Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Mom's Eye is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Gives Isaac a chance to shoot a tear out of an eye on the back of his head.
- The chance to shoot a second tear depends on the luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 2 Luck.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Has no effect on Lilith.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Only occasionally fires one tear out of the back of Isaac's head.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Occasionally shoots a bomb backwards. Not recommended, as self-damage is likely.
- Doctor's RemoteSets a big red target on the ground (similar to the Epic Fetus item) which can be controlled with tear controls. After 6 seconds or by pressing space again, a huge explosive missile hits it, which damages all enemies caught in its blast radius./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Chance for two airstrikes on opposite sides of Isaac.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Occasionally shoots an explosive shot backwards. Not recommended, as self-damage is likely.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: No effect.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Adds chance for tear barrage to fire from the front and back of Isaac. The kidney stone will only fire from the front of Isaac.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.: Adds a chance for tear barrage to be fired behind Isaac.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Adds a chance for tears to be fired in random directions from the main tear.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Occasionally fires one red tear out the back of Isaac's head.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: The backwards tear is not affected by Mom's Eye.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: The laser comes out of both sides of Isaac's head.
- Azazel: The laser that comes out of his back is short-ranged as well.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Charge determines size and damage of both tears.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Any time Mom's Eye would activate, Loki's Horns activates instead, enabling guaranteed 4-way fire at 2 luck, instead of the 7 Loki's Horns alone would require.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Another knife appears on the back of Isaac's head, which has a chance to be fired whenever the main knife is fired.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: When Isaac is near a wall, the backwards bouncing tear effectively doubles Isaac's tears.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range./ Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Occasionally fires a laser out of the back of Isaac's head.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mom's Eye's appearance was changed in Booster Pack #5.
- The item is based off of the old adage that a mother has an eye on the back of her head, and is thus always able to see what her child is up to.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Q0LW DC34 (First floor Treasure Room)
3HZ1 TYSZ (Treasure room left of spawn)
GE3B 7NPB (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
- Broken ShovelWhile held, causes multiple Mom's Foots to come down and stomp on Isaac. One of two parts necessary to create Mom's Shovel.
- Broken ShovelOne of two parts necessary to create Mom's Shovel.
- Divorce PapersSpawns a Mysterious Paper, increases tears, and grants a bone heart.
- Mom's Bottle of PillsGives Isaac a random pill, and will cause him to drop any held Q-slot item (If any). The player will only receive six different pill types in one playthrough.
- Mom's BoxWhen used, Mom's Box will drop a random trinket on the ground. While held, increases luck by 1 and doubles the effects of trinkets.
- Mom's BraUpon use, petrifies all enemies in the current room for approximately 4 seconds.
- Mom's Coin PurseSpawns 4 random pills around Isaac.
- Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.
- Mom's EyeshadowTears have a chance to charm enemies.
- Mom's HeelsIncreases range.
- Mom's KeySpawns 2 keys. Generates additional pickups from chests.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
- Mom's LipstickIncreases range and shot height.
- Mom's PadUpon use, inflicts fear to all enemies in the room for 5 seconds.
- Mom's Pearls+1.25 Range Up. +0.5 Tear Height. +1 Luck Up.
- Mom's PerfumeAdds a chance to shoot fear tears and decreases tear delay by 1.
- Mom's PurseAllows Isaac to hold 1 additional trinket.
- Mom's RazorSpawns an orbiting razor that damages enemies it touches and inflicts bleeding on enemies, causing them to slowly take damage over time.
- Mom's ShovelSpawns a trapdoor that leads to the next floor upon activation. Unlocks The Forgotten when used on a mound of dirt that appears in The Dark Room.
- Mom's UnderwearIncreases range.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.
- Mom's LocketGrants half a red heart each time a key is used. Converts half red heart pickups into full red hearts.
- Mom's PearlGrants a secondary 10% chance of any non-specific heart drop turning into a soul heart.
- Mom's ToenailMom's foot randomly stomps down somewhere in the room. 1 minute intervals.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|