Mom's Eye is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Gives Isaac a chance to shoot a tear out of an eye on the back of his head.
- The chance to shoot a second tear depends on the luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 2 Luck.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Has no effect on Lilith.
- This item belongs to the Yes Mother?Isaac gains a stationary knife that trails directly behind him. It synergizes like Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. would. set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into his mother.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Only occasionally fires one tear out of the back of Isaac's head.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Occasionally shoots a bomb backwards. Not recommended, as self-damage is likely.
- Doctor's RemoteSets a big red target on the ground (similar to the Epic Fetus item) which can be controlled with tear controls. After 6 seconds or by pressing space again, a huge explosive missile hits it, which damages all enemies caught in its blast radius./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Chance for two airstrikes on opposite sides of Isaac.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Occasionally shoots an explosive shot backwards. Not recommended, as self-damage is likely.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: No effect.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Adds chance for tear barrage to fire from the front and back of Isaac. The kidney stone will only fire from the front of Isaac.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.: Adds a chance for tear barrage to be fired behind Isaac.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Adds a chance for tears to be fired in random directions from the main tear.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Occasionally fires one red tear out the back of Isaac's head.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: The backwards tear is not affected by Mom's Eye.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: The laser comes out of both sides of Isaac's head.
- Azazel: The laser that comes out of his back is short-ranged as well.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Charge determines size and damage of both tears.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Any time Mom's Eye would activate, Loki's Horns activates instead, enabling guaranteed 4-way fire at 2 luck, instead of the 7 Loki's Horns alone would require.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Another knife appears on the back of Isaac's head, which has a chance to be fired whenever the main knife is fired.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: When Isaac is near a wall, the backwards bouncing tear effectively doubles Isaac's tears.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range./ Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Occasionally fires a laser out of the back of Isaac's head.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mom's Eye's appearance was changed in Booster Pack #5.
- The item is based off of the old adage that a mother has an eye on the back of her head, and is thus always able to see what her child is up to.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Q0LW DC34 (First floor Treasure Room)
3HZ1 TYSZ (Treasure room left of spawn)
GE3B 7NPB (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
- Broken ShovelWhile held, causes multiple Mom's Foots to come down and stomp on Isaac. One of two parts necessary to create Mom's Shovel.
- Broken ShovelOne of two parts necessary to create Mom's Shovel.
- Divorce PapersSpawns a Mysterious Paper, increases tears, and grants a bone heart.
- Mom's Bottle of PillsGives Isaac a random pill, and will cause him to drop any held Q-slot item (If any). The player will only receive six different pill types in one playthrough.
- Mom's BoxWhen used, Mom's Box will drop a random trinket on the ground. While held, increases luck by 1 and doubles the effects of trinkets.
- Mom's BraUpon use, petrifies all enemies in the current room for approximately 4 seconds.
- Mom's Coin PurseSpawns 4 random pills around Isaac.
- Mom's ContactsAdds a chance to shoot petrifying tears, which stop enemies in place and prevent them from moving or attacking. Range up.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.
- Mom's EyeshadowTears have a chance to charm enemies.
- Mom's HeelsIncreases range.
- Mom's KeySpawns 2 keys. Generates additional pickups from chests.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.
- Mom's LipstickIncreases range and shot height.
- Mom's PadUpon use, inflicts fear to all enemies in the room for 5 seconds.
- Mom's Pearls+1.25 Range Up. +0.5 Tear Height. +1 Luck Up.
- Mom's PerfumeAdds a chance to shoot fear tears and decreases tear delay by 1.
- Mom's PurseAllows Isaac to hold 1 additional trinket.
- Mom's RazorSpawns an orbiting razor that damages enemies it touches and inflicts bleeding on enemies, causing them to slowly take damage over time.
- Mom's ShovelSpawns a trapdoor that leads to the next floor upon activation. Unlocks The Forgotten when used on a mound of dirt that appears in Dark Room.
- Mom's UnderwearIncreases range.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.
- Mom's LocketGrants half a red heart each time a key is used. Converts half red heart pickups into full red hearts.
- Mom's PearlGrants a secondary 10% chance of any non-specific heart drop turning into a soul heart.
- Mom's ToenailMom's foot randomly stomps down somewhere in the room. 1 minute intervals.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|