Mom's Hands are tricky foes. When these enemies spawn (either at the start of a room or in a challenge room wave, Mom's laugh can be heard and () the ground may shake. After this, a disembodied hand will come down to try and grab Isaac, pausing in a stunned state for a brief moment before going back up to repeat this. Before coming down, a subtle shadow on the floor will indicate where the hand is going to land. They can spawn in groups of up to six in large rooms.
If Isaac is grabbed, he takes half a heart of damage and is sent back to the spawn room of the floor. Any enemies that Isaac damaged or killed before being grabbed will respawn at full health when Isaac returns to the room. If a black heart is depleted when Isaac is grabbed, the player will not be teleported and the hand will die instead.
Charmed Mom's Hands are extremely powerful, as they can potentially kill any monster they attack in a single move if they manage to grab them and pull them up without getting killed in the process. This can be seen more easily by using the "C0CK FGHT" Special Seed.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Mom's Dead Hand[edit | edit source]
Mom's Dead Hands behave similarly to regular Mom's Hands. When they land, they send out several lines of rock waves. Upon death, they spawn several Spiders. Like normal Mom's Hands, if the player is grabbed, they will be teleported to the starting room of the floor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The rock waves that Mom's Dead Hands spawn can open secret rooms and super secret rooms.
- If Mom's Hand catches Isaac in a challenge room, it will teleport him out of the room without having to fight the remaining enemy waves, even if the room is re-entered.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hands are likely inspired by Wallmasters, from the Legend of Zelda.
- Mom's Hand is the only enemy in the game that can teleport the player.
- Emergency ContactWhen used, will cause two Mom's Hands to come down and grab two random enemies. card spawns two Mom's Hands that grab enemies.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|