|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeThe Womb|
Mom's Heart is the final boss in the second floor of the fourth chapter. Until It Lives is unlocked, Mom's Heart cannot be continued past unless a Devil Room or an Angel Room appears, which allow you to go to Sheol or The Cathedral, respectively. After being killed 11 times, Mom's Heart will be permanently replaced by It Lives.
Mom's Heart doesn't drop any items or pickups upon death besides hearts.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mom's Heart acts very differently from the original Binding of Isaac.
At the beginning of the fight, Mom's Heart will always be accompanied by two Eyes.
It has many different types of attacks, seeming to vary depending on the amount of remaining health. Many of the attacks are varying flurries of orbs that scatter across the room, which can be difficult to dodge. These orbs range from several orbs released in every direction while slowly rotating, to a fast moving line of projectiles released in four directions rotating moderately fast.
Mom's Heart also has an attack that shoots blood tears rapidly when it's ~40% lower on HP. Mom's Heart will also retreat upwards and launch blood shots diagonally forward in a spread, at which point it cannot be harmed and it will spawn various enemies. During Mom's Heart's first retreat upwards, Eyes will always be the first wave spawned, after the 2 Eyes that spawn with Mom's Heart are killed. All of its attacks can hurt its own minions.
Enemies spawned by Mom's Heart are:
After losing a significant amount of health (about 90%), Mom's Heart will stop spawning enemies and will begin to shoot four BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. lasers that rotate either clockwise or counter-clockwise. At the very top of the boss room is a small area where walking into it counts as though Isaac walked into the heart.
Upon defeat Mom's Heart fires a single ring of tears.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mom's Heart as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Everything Is Terrible!!! - Defeat Mom's Heart 5 times.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Every time Mom's Heart is defeated changes the current savefile's image until It Lives is unlocked.
- Using The BibleUpon activation, Isaac gains flight, allowing him to pass over all obstacles in the current room. Instantly kills Mom, Mom's Heart, and It Lives when activated, but will kill Isaac when activated while fighting Satan. against Mom's Heart will kill it instantly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mom's Heart appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- The music that plays during this fight is titled Ventricide. Ventricide is a made-up word formed from the word ventricle (one of the two larger chambers of the heart) and the suffix -cide, which denotes an act of killing. This theme is used in other tracks, such as Matricide, Hericide, and Infanticide.
- If Isaac gets hit by Mom's Heart's Brimstone attack, Mom's laugh can be heard.
- Mom's Heart can appear as a random boss in The Void, even after being replaced by It Lives in its regular chapter.
- In the original Binding Of Isaac, all Mom's Heart did was spawn 2-4 monsters before disappearing and repeating the same move each time the wave of monsters were killed off.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The WombDefeat Mom for the 1st timeThe HarbingersDefeat Mom for the 1st timeA Cube of MeatDefeat Mom for the 1st timeA HaloDefeat Mom using The BiblePuristDefeat Mom for the first time||XXXXXXXXLDefeat Mom for the 1st timeSPEED!Defeat Mom for the 1st timeHave a HeartDefeat Mom for the 1st timePRIDE DAY!Defeat Mom for the 1st timeOnan's StreakDefeat Mom for the 1st timeThe GuardianDefeat Mom for the 1st time||Aprils foolDefeat Mom for the 1st time|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|