|(page 1, column 11, row 6)|
|Defeat Satan as Isaac|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies and can travel through obstacles. Holding down the fire button increases its range and power.
- The knife can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it.
- The knife deals 2x Isaac's damage while held and 6x damage at the furthest possible point of its arc, regardless of the actual maximum range stat.
- This item belongs to the Yes Mother? set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into his mother.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The knife can be held and fired diagonally. Firing the knife diagonally requires a frame perfect input. However, this can be done easily with a controller's analog stick or with Analog Stick.
- The knife will not work in challenges with the Blindfolded effect.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20 / Conjoined / The Inner Eye / Mutant Spider: Isaac holds only one, but shoots multiple knives at their typical spread.
- Brimstone: Firing the knife also shoots a barrage of knives that goes across the screen, with each knife doing 80% of Isaac's damage. The longer the charge, the more knives are added. This effect does not work with Azazel's default mini brimstone. The brimstone-knives do not benefit from A Lump of Coal.
- Continuum: The knife can now travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall but will still have the boomerang effect.
- Fire Mind: Still applies burning but no longer explodes.
- Flat Stone: Knife bounces as it flies away from Isaac, each bounce splash causing Isaac's tear damage.
- The Forgotten: The knife will attach to The Forgotten's bone club, forming a scythe. Increases the size of both the melee swing and the bone throw, and allows a single melee swing to deal damage to an enemy twice instead of just once. +4 damage.
- Ghost Pepper: The flames can shoot from Isaac while holding the fire button.
- Guppy Transformation: Knife hits will rarely spawn an attack fly.
- Haemolacria: Haemolacria works at the same time with Mom's Knife, with Haemolacria's fire rate resulting in longer charging.
- Homing Tears: Thrown knives home in on the nearest enemy extremely aggressively. They often stick on the enemy for a while before returning for extra effeciency, but their habit of targeting what's nearest rather than the intended target may also result in extra misses.
- Ipecac: Knife turns green and poison monsters that hit it. Removes Ipecac's damage increase.
- Also adds +4 damage.
- Lost Contact: The knife will block bullets, even when held (similar to Trinity Shield but has a smaller blocking area).
- The Ludovico Technique: Isaac controls a floating knife that does 2x Isaac's damage. Tears stat is ignored and damage is dealt at a rate equivalent of 5 tear delay.
- The Ludovico Technique + any multi-shot item: Isaac controls a floating knife surrounded by additional rotating knives.
- The Ludovico Technique + Lost Contact: Floating knife loses almost all ability to block bullets, with a tiny area around the hilt that can stop shots.
- The Ludovico Technique + Loki's Horns: Loses Loki's Horns effect; Isaac controls only one floating knife.
- Monstro's Lung: Fires a cluster of 3-5 knives at maximum charge, each dealing 2x damage.
- Proptosis: The Knife deals double damage regardless of range.
- Strange Attractor: Enemies are pulled towards the knife. The effect is minor while not firing and much stronger while the knife is launched.
- Tammy's Head: Fires 10 knives in a circle around Isaac, dealing massive damage.
- Tech X: Both fire normally.
- Unicorn Stump and other invincibility items: Even though the knife cannot be fired, the knife will deal damage while Isaac is invincible.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: Only tear delay down applies.
- Apple! / Euthanasia / Tough Love: No chance of higher damage or instant kills.
- Chocolate Milk: Doesn't increase damage, but reduces Isaac's tear delay by 20%.
- Compound Fracture / Cricket's Body / The Parasite: Only stat effects, if any, apply without splitting.
- Cursed Eye: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Dr. Fetus: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Both the knife and the bombs fire normally.
- Epic Fetus: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- Each explosion shoots 10 knives in a circle from the point of impact.
- Explosivo: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Eye of Belial: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Holy Light: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Holy Light can trigger on both held and thrown knives.
- Lachryphagy: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Little Horn: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- A Lump of Coal: No effect on the knife regardless of range.
- Marked: Only tears up and range up apply.
- Monstro's Lung: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Firing a knife causes several other knives to shoot out at random directions.
- My Reflection: No effect.
- Mysterious Liquid: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- The Knife leaves creep trails while fired.
- Pop!: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Rubber Cement: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Technology: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
- Both the knife and the laser fire normally.
- Tiny Planet: Knives go in a spiral around Isaac; the longer the knife is charged, the bigger the spiral. Not recommended, as this makes Mom's Knife almost impossible to aim.
- Trisagion: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #26 (I RULE!).
- In the original Binding of Isaac, buying the item from the Devil Room cost 1 heart container instead of 2.
- The description of the item is a possible reference to the sniper's dialogue in Team Fortress 2.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A comparison between The Forgotten's bone attack with and without Mom's Knife.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
6PG9 7RK3 (Treasure room up and to the right one room from spawn)
DVNV YV9Y (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
JW43 H8EK (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1M9E Y1G1 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
P8SE A9JW (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
S63T 434W (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Z3SL DS3W (hard; first floor treasure room)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! The Blindfolded condition also applies to the knives fired by Tammy's Head, and prevents it from working.
- Broken Shovel
- Broken Shovel
- Divorce Papers
- Mom's Bottle of Pills
- Mom's Box
- Mom's Bra
- Mom's Coin Purse
- Mom's Contacts
- Mom's Eye
- Mom's Eyeshadow
- Mom's Heels
- Mom's Key
- Mom's Knife
- Mom's Lipstick
- Mom's Pad
- Mom's Pearls
- Mom's Perfume
- Mom's Purse
- Mom's Razor
- Mom's Shovel
- Mom's Underwear
- Mom's Wig
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|