Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Monstro's Lung is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Grants a charged shot that fires 14 tears in the same fashion as Monstro.
- The attack can be released only when fully charged. Tear delay is increased by roughly 4.5x.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot. / The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears. / Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Adds 2, 5 or 7 tears to the barrage respectively.
- 20/20 + The Inner Eye: 10 extra tears.
- 20/20 + Mutant Spider: 14 extra tears.
- The Inner Eye + Mutant Spider: 14 extra tears.
- All three: 19 extra tears.
- Azazel: Multiple short blood lasers are fired in a random direction.
- Chemical PeelTears fired from left eye do increased damage.: Overridden by Monstro's Lung.
- Tears have a 50% chance to be Chemical Peel tears.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Overridden by Monstro's Lung.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Launches 3-5 cursors that rotate around each other before the missiles land.
- EpiphoraShooting in one direction increases Isaac's rate of fire until the cap is reached. As soon as Isaac changes direction or stops shooting, rate of fire is reset to its normal amount.: No effect. Tears stat is increased properly but firing cancels the effect.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: If Monstro's Lung is picked up while Kidney Stone is ready to fire, charge time for Monstro's Lung will be significantly decreased.
- Only stat effects from Kidney Stone apply.
- Loki's HornsGives a random chance for projectiles to fire in all 4 cardinal directions.: Isaac will still fire single tears in the other three directions.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear becomes a cluster of variably sized tears spread over a small area. The tears move at the same speed when controlled but constantly move around each other.
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone.: Only stat effects from Marked apply.
- Mom's EyeAllows Isaac to fire tears from the back of his head.: Isaac will still fire single tears from the back eye.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Tears stay in the air much longer and consistently, allowing better reach and more focused blasts before they arc back.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Due to the high concentration of tears enemies will be pulled into you at great force, in certain cases enough force to pull enemies through rocks.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Fires a group of laser rings with size dependent on how long they were charged, with increased charge time.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: If picked up after Technology, Monstro's Lung has no effect. Technology will override Monstro's Lung with very low tear shot.
- Charge effect is removed and fire rate returned to normal. Extra lasers will be shot in random directions around you while firing.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Tear delay down, which is greatly more effective due to Monstro's Lung's tear delay formula.
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye.: All tears are larger, with increased damage (as opposed to every 2nd tear like Blood Clot alone)
- Tears have a 50% chance to be Blood Clot tears.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Fires 3-5 additional Brimstone lasers in random directions around Isaac. Does not increase charge time. Charging a new Brimstone laser does remove the original laser in front of you, but the others continue doing damage. This effectively increases fire rate.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Each tear is a charged chocolate milk shot (with no increase in charge time), massively increasing damage.
- This does not apply to Lilith's Incubus; picking up Chocolate Milk will significantly reduce damage and increase charge time.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Isaac spits multiple bombs but must charge to fire. Bombs detonate simultaneously.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: All tears bounce simultaneously; effective range is greatly increased.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Isaac spews multiple Ipecac tears, with no increase in charge time.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Fires an additional cluster of 3-5 knives when at maximum charge, each dealing 2x base damage.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart.: All the spiders will spawn instantly while charging your shot.
- Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet. / Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: While you are charging Monstro's Lung, Technology .5/2 will keep firing.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: All the tears follow the beam at different heights without spreading out, making it much easier for multiple tears to hit a target.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
CQKN L4WO (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NEN6 AMED (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PJV9 ELRC (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Z4KZ KFAL (treasure room to the left of spawn)
4ZGJ 124Y (treasure room adjacent to spawn, 2 black hearts in curse room adjacent to spawn) (Hardmode)
4EYH-XZAZ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Chocolate Milk later)FNCN L3HD (treasure room adjacent to spawn,
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|