Monstro's Lung is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Grants a charged shot that fires 14 tears in the same fashion as Monstro.
- The attack can be released only when fully charged.
- Tears down: Delay * 4.3.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20 / The Inner Eye / Mutant Spider: Adds 2, 5 or 7 tears to the barrage respectively.
- 20/20 + The Inner Eye: 10 extra tears.
- 20/20 + Mutant Spider: 14 extra tears.
- The Inner Eye + Mutant Spider: 14 extra tears.
- All three: 19 extra tears.
- Chemical Peel: Overridden by Monstro's Lung.
- Tears have a 50% chance to be Chemical Peel tears.
- Cursed Eye: Overridden by Monstro's Lung.
- Epic Fetus: Launches 3-5 cursors that rotate around each other before the missiles land.
- Epiphora: No effect. Tears stat is increased properly but firing cancels the effect.
- Kidney Stone: If Monstro's Lung is picked up while Kidney Stone is ready to fire, charge time for Monstro's Lung will be significantly decreased.
- Only stat effects from Kidney Stone apply.
- Loki's Horns/ Mom's Eye: Isaac will still fire single tears in the other direction(s).
- The Ludovico Technique: Tear becomes a cluster of variably sized tears spread over a small area. The tears move at the same speed when controlled but constantly move around each other.
- Marked: Only stat effects from Marked apply.
- Monstro's Lung: Additional copies of the Lung add 10 tears to the barrage.
- My Reflection: Tears stay in the air much longer and consistently, allowing better reach and more focused blasts before they are back.
- Strange Attractor: Due to the high concentration of tears enemies will be pulled into Isaac at great force, in certain cases enough force to pull enemies through rocks.
- Tech X: Fires a group of laser rings with size dependent on how long they were charged, with increased charge time.
- Technology: If picked up after Technology, Monstro's Lung has no effect. Technology will override Monstro's Lung with a very low tear shot.
- Charge effect is removed and fire rate returned to normal. Extra lasers will be shot in random directions around Isaac while firing.
- The Wiz: 7-8 tears are fired at each diagonal direction instead of a full burst.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: Tear delay down, which is greatly more effective due to Monstro's Lung's tear delay formula.
- Blood Clot: All tears are larger, with increased damage (as opposed to every 2nd tear like Blood Clot alone)
- Tears have a 50% chance to be Blood Clot tears.
- Brimstone: Fires 3-5 additional Brimstone lasers in random directions around Isaac. It does not increase the charge time.
- Chocolate Milk: Reduces Isaac's tear delay by 20%, and each tear from Monstro's Lung is a charged Chocolate Milk shot, massively increasing fire rate and damage.
- This does not apply to Lilith's Incubus; picking up Chocolate Milk will significantly reduce damage and increase charge time.
- Dr. Fetus: Isaac spits multiple bombs but must charge to fire. Bombs detonate simultaneously.
- Flat Stone: All tears bounce simultaneously; the effective range is greatly increased.
- Ipecac: Isaac spews multiple Ipecac tears, with no increase in charge time.
- Mom's Knife: Fires an additional cluster of 3-5 knives when at maximum charge, each dealing 2x tear damage.
- Mom's Wig: All the spiders will spawn instantly while charging his shot.
- Tractor Beam: All the tears follow the beam at different heights without spreading out, making it much easier for multiple tears to hit a target.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
CQKN L4WO (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NEN6 AMED (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PJV9 ELRC (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Z4KZ KFAL (treasure room to the left of spawn)
4ZGJ 124Y (treasure room adjacent to spawn, 2 black hearts in curse room adjacent to spawn) (Hardmode)
4EYH-XZAZ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Chocolate Milk later)FNCN L3HD (treasure room adjacent to spawn,
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|