Behavior[edit | edit source]
From the beginning of the fight, Mr. Fred is always accompanied by four Homunculi which, unlike the ones that spawn normally, will only break free under Mr. Fred's command. Throughout the whole fight, Mr. Fred stays in the center of the room, occasionally burrowing underground for brief periods. Unlike Freds, he is stationary and cannot move at all.
Mr. Fred has several different attacks.
- Mr. Fred shoots four large long-range blood projectiles in the cardinal directions around him. These tears leave Red Creep and will burst at the end of their range into a larger pool of Creep. This move is telegraphed and doesn't happen instantly.
- Mr. Fred burrows underground briefly and pops back up in his original position, firing eight blood projectiles in all directions.
- Mr. Fred makes a gesture, and one of the four Homunculi on either the top or the bottom of the room will break free and attack Isaac.
- Mr. Fred spawns a Fred, which will immediately burrow underground and then proceed to attack Isaac like usual.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mr. Fred as one of Delirium's forms.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Most of Mr. Fred's attacks cannot reach the far left and right side of the room, making these positions relatively safe. If Isaac has a long enough attack range, he can remain in that "safe zone" for the entire fight and only has to deal with the occasional unchained Homunculi and Fred summons.
- A position slightly off from horizontally aligned with the boss will act as a blind spot similar to the one mentioned already. The advantage of this position is that it doesn't require a high range stat, but in return, Isaac has to be more careful about any monsters Mr. Fred unleashes during the battle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Fred is a large version of Fred.
- Mr. Fred is just a giant baby with the medical condition Harlequin Ichthyosis. He could, therefore, be a giant Harlequin Baby.
- Mr. Fred is the only boss that receives its own double room besides Mega Satan, Ultra Greed, Hush, and Delirium. It is also the only instance of a boss room that is twice as long as Double Trouble rooms.
- Unlike other bosses, Mr. Fred disappears upon death instead of exploding into blood.
- Similar to Delirium's room, if Mr. Fred spawns in The Void, his room will be seen in the map as a 1x1 room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|