Mr. Maw attacks by firing its head towards Isaac. If the Pacer is killed while the Maw is detached, it turns into a normal Maw, and vice versa. Sometimes Mr. Maw randomly separates at will, spawning both a Gusher and a Maw.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Mr. Red Maw[edit | edit source]
Mr. Red Maw acts similarly to Mr. Maw, but has a Red Maw as a head instead of a regular Maw. If the Red Maw segment is killed first, it will release four shots in the cardinal directions like a regular Red Maw. Mr. Red Maw also moves quicker than regular Mr. Maw, ultimately making them a much more dangerous variation.
Swinger[edit | edit source]
The Swinger is a monster found in The Womb and Utero. It is a Maw attached to a Globin in its goo form. Rather than firing its head, the Swinger's head is constantly detached and spins around the Globin in a fixed radius, while the Globin slowly slides towards the player. If the Globin is killed, the spinning head can turn into a normal Maw, and if the Maw is killed, the goo can reform into a normal Globin. When entering a room, their heads will be retracted, so keep a distance to avoid taking damage once they extend their heads.
Mr. Mine[edit | edit source]
Mr. Mine is an enemy added in Booster Pack #5 that appears in the Flooded Caves. Mr. Mines are chained to pits, and will attempt to launch themselves at Isaac if he comes near. They will occasionally burrow and pop up in another pit, often near Isaac. Upon death, they fire six shots in all directions.
Since pits have a chance to replace rocks in the Flooded Caves where Mr. Mine resides, this can give them more tiles to utilize.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since Booster Pack 5, Swingers still spawn with their heads retracted but now extend their heads at a slower pace, making it easier to avoid damage.
- Swingers always swing clockwise.
- The meaty string between the head and body of a Swinger isn't solid and won't hurt Isaac.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Maw, Mr. Red Maw, and Mr. Mine are the only three non-boss enemies whose names include "Mr.".
- Though the Maw appears to have eyes when attached to the Globin, if the Maw survives and spawns upon the Swinger's death then it will have empty eye sockets.
- One difference between Mr. Maw and Mr. Red Maw are the noises they make. Mr. Maw makes Gaper noises while chasing Isaac, while Mr. Red Maw makes the Maw noise only when firing its head towards Isaac.
- Mr. Mine has a similar color appearance to many of the Antibirth enemies that are exclusive to the Downpour area. They both also share being exclusive to Flooded areas, in Mr. Mine's case, the Flooded Caves.
- Mr. Mine is a reference to the 'Crunch' enemy in The End Is Nigh. They both share the same appearance and charge at the player when they come close.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|