|(page 4, column 6, line 4)
Multidimensional Baby is a passive item added in the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion.
- Spawns a familiar that follows Isaac's path with a 2.5 second delay.
- When a friendly tear passes through Multidimensional Baby, the tear splits into two parallel tears, gains speed, and also gains a visual black and white flashing effect.
- It is possible to crash the game when combining this item with rapid-fire or multi-shot laser tears.
- Duplicated tears will deal the same damage as Isaac's tears.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Tears duplicated by Multidimensional Baby can be quadrupled by the prism.
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: Stationary duplicated tears will not launch with the rest of the tears when you stop shooting, and will stay stationary. Moving tears will be duplicated normally.
- Black PowderIsaac leaves a trail of black powder on the floor. Walking in a circle will spawn a pentagram symbol on the floor, which deals 10 damage per tick to any enemies inside it.: If a small enough circle is drawn, the baby will follow and create a second circle overlapping it, doubling potential damage.
- Box of FriendsUpon use, duplicates all of Isaac's familiars for the current room.: Each copy of Multidimensional Baby follows the previous copy with a 2.5 second delay. Tears shot through multiple babies will only be duplicated once.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: If a brimstone laser is shot through the baby, it will double the laser.
- Azazel's short-ranged Brimstone attack will also be "fired again" from the baby, increasing the range.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Tears that pass through Multidimensional Baby will be duplicated and cosmetically look like normal tears. Bone shards will not duplicated unless they pass through Multidimensional Baby separately.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears that pass through Multidimensional Baby will duplicate and their split tears will duplicate. Half of the tears fired through Multidimensional Baby retain The Parasite's look and the other half have the flashing appearance.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Haemolacria shots will be duplicated and more burst tears will spawn. Burst tears that pass through Multidimensional Baby will also be duplicated.
- Homing tears: Duplicated tears retain homing effect.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Duplicates tears, which tend to merge together after traveling a certain distance, making it easier to feed tears. Does not duplicate burst tears.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Tears in the barrage that pass through the baby will be duplicated.
- Obsessed FanA purple fly familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies./ ShadeSpawns a shadow familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 1 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies.: Follows Isaac at the same delayed rate, in a way giving Multidimensional Baby contact damage.
- Papa FlyA blue fly familiar follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay. Papa Fly will fire tears at nearby enemies.: Papa Fly's path of movement is identical to Multidimensional Baby's, so the fly's tears will always be doubled.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Rubber Cement will make tears pass through Multidimensional Baby more frequently, especially with a high rate of fire.
- Shooting familiars: Duplicates familiar's tears.
- SprinklerUpon use, spawns a sprinkler that rotates and fires tears.: Tears fired by the sprinkler can be duplicated.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: When the laser passes through Multidimensional Baby, it doubles the laser.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Duplicates lasers and tears.
- Technology ZeroConnects Isaac's tears with electricity that can damage enemies.: All tears are connected via electricity.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Duplicates tears when passing through Multidimensional Baby which orbit Isaac.
- ???'s SoulSpawns a familiar that floats slowly around the room on a pattern similar to The Peeper and fires spectral and homing tears./ AbelA familiar that mirrors the player's movements and shoots in the opposite direction./ Cain's Other EyeSpawns a familiar that floats slowly around the room on a zig-zag pattern similar to The Peeper and shoots normal tears in the same direction as Isaac.: Familiar tears will be duplicated if they pass through the baby. However, due to their independent movement pattern, it can be hard to achieve duplication.
- Baby-BenderGrants Isaac's familiars homing shots.: No effect as Multidimensional Baby only duplicates Isaac's tears.
- BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars.: The baby is larger, but tears shot through it will not deal more damage.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: No effect.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: No effect.
- Lil BrimstoneA Familiar that shoots a thin Brimstone beam. Must charge like Brimstone before shooting./ Robo-Baby 2.0Fires lasers at any enemy in its line of sight and moves based on the direction Isaac is firing tears.: Familiar lasers that pass through the baby will not be duplicated.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Spawns another tear but it cannot be controlled.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No effect.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: No effect.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: No effect.
- The way the tear splits resembles stimulated light emission.
- In the initial release of Afterbirth, the flashing effect that Multidimensional Baby gave tears was much more intense, and made some players feel nauseous. This was changed in version v1.06.0052.
PC 3BGY TK8J (treasure room adjacent to spawn) (both modes)