A Nerve Ending is a bizarre, static enemy that can appear in various floors. It does not attack.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Nerve Endings are one of the few enemies in the game that are completely stationary. They constantly sway back and forth and appear to be attached to a small pile of organ tissue on the ground with smaller Nerve Endings protruding. They usually act as meat shields for stronger enemies or are placed in unreachable areas where it's slightly harder to hit them. Although Nerve Endings do not attack, they can still deal contact damage. On rare occasions, Nerve Endings can block other enemies (primarily Guts).
Variations[edit | edit source]
Nerve Ending 2[edit | edit source]
Nerve Ending 2 is an alternate, orange tinted, and more hostile Nerve Ending added in Afterbirth †. Nerve Ending 2 is stationary like regular Nerve Endings, but if Isaac gets too close, it will attack him by whipping itself at him.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Nerve Ending 2 can never replace regular Nerve Endings next to doors.
- If Nerve Ending 2s aren't unlocked yet, Nerve Endings would spawn in their rooms instead.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This enemy may be a reference to the episode Ren's Toothache from The Ren & Stimpy Show.
- Nerve Endings share a similar shape and idle movement pattern with that of Pods from Dead Space, both swaying their tentacles and being stationary. Unlike Nerve Endings, however, Pods have small projectiles as damage.
- It's possible that the Nerve Ending is a giant axon, an electrical impulse terminal for nerve cells, which could explain its name.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|