| The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.|
Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or increases the chance by 12.5%.
Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.
|: yes : yes|
|Kidney StoneComplete challenge #29 ( The unlock is bugged and actually unlocks Blank Rune)|
|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeOnan's Streak|
Onan's Streak is Challenge #29. You start off as Judas with The Book of Belial and Chocolate Milk, and a damage bonus of +2 giving him a starting damage of 8.71. Missing any shots causes you to take damage. Treasure rooms are present in this challenge. Your goal is to defeat Isaac.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
Not hitting anything with your tears makes you take damage. This makes accuracy very important, because missing a few shots can deplete your health very quickly. Because of that, fast moving enemies or enemies with erratic movement patterns can prove to be very difficult in this challenge.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Hitting any type of poop, fire, bomb, eternal fly, white champion enemy, spike block, or Stone Grimace (stone heads) does not count as a miss.
- Hitting Red Poop with a spectral tear counts as a miss.
- If you fire a tear and leave the room before it touches the wall or floor, Judas will not take any damage. This is only really useful if you shoot accidentally.
- For enemies that move erratically, try and get close enough so they'll close in. Once they approach, move out of the way and shoot them once they stop.
Good Items[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's Heart completely nullifies any damage caused by missing, lowering the difficulty tremendously and turning this challenge into a standard Judas run.
- Holy Mantle nullifies 1 hit of damage per room, allowing more room for errors.
- Taking Technology 2 and never releasing the fire keys, even across floors, allows Judas to engage enemies without firing any tears.
- Tech.5 has the same effect.
- Taking Rubber Cement is recommended, as hitting a wall won't deal damage to you, and hitting the ground won't either if an enemy is hit first.
- Enemies include: Stone grimaces, unkillable enemies, fireplaces, poop, and bombs.
Poop is not considered an enemy if it is the first object hit.
- Proptosis allows Judas' shots to miss without dealing damage as long as they don't hit a wall or object.
- Isaac's Tears do not count as a hit/miss, and maintains Chocolate Milk's charged damage bonus when activated, making it a safe combat alternative.
- Shots fired by the familiar with Incubus will not damage the player. When coupled with a recharging or zero cooldown item such as Magic Fingers, it will effectively give you a safe autoattack. The Incubus's safe-to-miss shot will fire when the item is used, without having to fire your own shot.
- Dead Eye benefits from this challenge, since the player will be focused on not missing. This can allow for long streaks at high damage.
- Tractor Beam keeps your tears in a straight line in front of you, which is very helpful for hitting many later enemies.
- Ipecac could be a nice item to have, just think about not damaging yourself.
- Spectral tears effect might help, since going through a rock doesn't count as missing.
- Pupula Duplex is really helpful, since it gives Judas's tears a bigger hitbox, in addition to spectral tears. Flat Worm also gives a bigger hitbox.
- Similarly, Polyphemus gives tears a bigger hitbox and allows you to hit many enemies with each tear. Any Polyphemus tear that continues after hitting an enemy won't damage Judas if it lands untouched afterward.
- Continuum will help you, giving you spectral tears and going through the walls to get back on the other side.
- Piercing shots could be useful, since the shots won't damage you if you hit at least one enemy, and you can hit several with one shot.
- Death's Touch is especially useful because it increases the size of your tears significantly, making it harder to miss, in addition to piercing and higher damage.
- Eye of Belial does not damage you as long as you hit at least one enemy making the item very useful.
- Unless you already have piercing tears, Lost Contact should generally be avoided. While blocking a shot does count as a hit, without piercing, it will also destroy your tear before it can deal any damage, making bullet-heavy fights such as Mom's Heart/It Lives and Isaac extraordinarily difficult.
- Oddly enough, Brimstone won't make you suffer for missing enemies, making the challenge a simple Judas brimstone run.
- Mom's Knife has the same effect.
- Mom's Wig will keep spawning friendly spiders until there's 5 of them when charging the shot.
- The same goes for the Guppy transformation or The Mulligan.
- Be careful, however, because if your friendly spiders/flies kill the enemy before your tear hits it, you'll take damage.
- The same goes for No. 2 and Bob's Brain, as spawning bombs under you while charging and the explosions from the brain, respectively, can easily end your run.
- The same goes for the Guppy transformation or The Mulligan.
- Neither Gnawed Leaf nor the shields from Book Of Shadows and Virgo protect you from your missed tears.
- Watch out when using unidentified pills, as R U a Wizard? can be disastrous to your run if you're not extremely careful and/or lucky. Check the shops for a PHD, just in case.
- The Wafer makes the challenge much easier in The Womb and beyond, as it halves the damage dealt from missing tears.
- Any item that helps refill red heart containers such as the Yum Heart, Maggy's Bow, and The Jar will be helpful in case misses are frequent.
Bad Items[edit | edit source]
- Taking Tammy's Head or Sad Bombs is not recommended, as they release tears which count towards your hit/miss. Since they release multiple tears at a time, they will almost unavoidably cause tears to hit the ground.
- Taking any item that multiples the number of tears (e.g. Mutant Spider, 20/20, Monstro's Lung) is not recommended, as Judas has to hit with every tear to not take damage.
- Godhead can be dangerous, as even if the aura kills an enemy, if the shot doesn't hit an enemy or poop, it will count as a miss.
- When using Maw of the Void, keep your distance against non-boss enemies. If the ring kills an enemy before the tear hits it, it can cause you to miss the shot.
- Circle of Protection: You can take damage from tears reflected by the ring.
- Explosivo should be avoided. The Explosivo shot doesn't count as hitting the enemy until it blows up. If you kill an enemy with the Explosivo shot on them, your tear will fall to the ground and you'll take damage. Enemies that jump or teleport will also cause Explosivo shots to fall off. If the enemy with an Explosivo shot walks near a wall, the tear will disappear and you'll take damage.
- Soy Milk is not recommended, as it prevents you from charging shots (instead, you fire automatically like regular tears). You do get a +1 damage increase after the damage reduction but the fast fire rate will make it nearly impossible to stop your tears hitting anything other than an enemy.
- Taking The Wiz is not recommended, as firing two tears simultaneously will likely cause one tear to miss.
- Taking My Reflection is not recommended, as firing a tear from a long distance causes the tear to go the opposide direction and miss., unless there is an enemy behind you.
- Hitting a target while having Cursed Eye still causes you to take damage and teleport out of the room.
- Charging your shots before entering a room can kill you, since it will fire a big tear followed by 3 little tears, causing damage.
- Rainbow Worm and Fruit Cake are not recommended because the changing effects will make it more likely for tears to miss.
- Using Clicker may take away Chocolate Milk, making the run significantly more difficult.
- The instant kill effect of Little Horn doesn't count as a hit, and will hurt Judas.
- Trisagion will cause Judas to take damage on every shot
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The challenge's name, "Onan's Streak," and the challenge conditions are a reference to the biblical character Onan. According to Old Testament law, a man with a married, deceased brother would have the responsibility of producing an heir for his sibling. Onan knew that having this heir would prevent him from legally owning his brother's land, and so spilled his semen onto the ground. God viewed this deed as wicked and killed Onan.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|