Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
| The Book of BelialUpon use increases damage by 2 for the current room and by a further +50% if the character also has the Blood of the Martyr.|
Removed in Afterbirth Guarantees a Devil Room or Angel Room will be open after beating a boss while holding it, or Added in Afterbirth increases the chance by 12.5%.
Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.
|: yes : yes|
|Kidney StoneComplete challenge #29 ( The unlock is bugged and actually unlocks Blank Rune)|
|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeOnan's Streak|
Onan's Streak is Challenge #29. You start off as Judas with The Book of Belial and Chocolate Milk, and a damage bonus of +2 giving him a starting damage of 8.71. Missing any shots causes you to take damage. Treasure rooms are present in this challenge. Your goal is to defeat Isaac.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
Not hitting anything with your tears makes you take damage. This makes accuracy very important, because missing a few shots can deplete your health very quickly. Because of that, fast moving enemies or enemies with erratic movement patterns can prove to be very difficult in this challenge.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Hitting any type of poop, fire, bomb, eternal fly, white champion enemy, spike block, or Stone Grimace (stone heads) does not count as a miss.
- Hitting Red Poop with a spectral tear counts as a miss.
- If you fire a tear and leave the room before it touches the wall or floor, Judas will not take any damage. This is only really useful if you shoot accidentally.
- For enemies that move erratically, try and get close enough so they'll close in. Once they approach, move out of the way and shoot them once they stop.
Good Items[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt. completely nullifies any damage caused by missing, lowering the difficulty tremendously and turning this challenge into a standard Judas run.
- Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. nullifies 1 hit of damage per room, allowing more room for errors.
- Taking Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously. and never releasing the fire keys, even across floors, allows Judas to engage enemies without firing any tears.
- Taking Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects. is recommended, as hitting a wall won't deal damage to you, and hitting the ground won't either if an enemy is hit first.
- Enemies include: Stone grimaces, unkillable enemies, fireplaces, poop, and bombs.
Poop is not considered an enemy if it is the first object hit.
- ProptosisTears start out massive with high damage, and then shrink down and become weaker over a short range. allows Judas' shots to miss without dealing damage as long as they don't hit a wall or object.
- Isaac's TearsShoots 8 tears around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects of his tears. Each tear shot by Isaac increases item charge by one. do not count as a hit/miss, and maintains Chocolate Milk's charged damage bonus when activated, making it a safe combat alternative.
- Shots fired by the familiar with IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. will not damage the player. When coupled with a recharging or zero cooldown item such as Magic FingersFor 1 coin, damages all enemies in the room., it will effectively give you a safe autoattack. The Incubus's safe-to-miss shot will fire when the item is used, without having to fire your own shot.
- Dead EyeIsaac's damage increases each time an enemy is hit. Damage is reset upon missing a shot. benefits from this challenge, since the player will be focused on not missing. This can allow for long streaks at high damage.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam. keeps your tears in a straight line in front of you, which is very helpful for hitting many later enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth. could be a nice item to have, just think about not damaging yourself.
- Spectral tears effect might help, since going through a rock doesn't count as missing.
- Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks). is really helpful, since it gives Judas's tears a bigger hitbox, in addition to spectral tears. Flat WormIsaac's tears take on an oblong appearance. They also push enemies back. also gives a bigger hitbox.
- Similarly, PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage. gives tears a bigger hitbox and allows you to hit many enemies with each tear. Any Polyphemus tear that continues after hitting an enemy won't damage Judas if it lands untouched afterward.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects. will help you, giving you spectral tears and going through the walls to get back on the other side.
- Piercing shots could be useful, since the shots won't damage you if you hit at least one enemy, and you can hit several with one shot.
- Death's TouchIncreases Damage by 1.5, reduces Tears by 0.3 and increases tear size. Grants piercing tears. Tears are replaced by Death's scythes, which is a cosmetic effect only. is especially useful because it increases the size of your tears significantly, making it harder to miss, in addition to piercing and higher damage.
- Eye of BelialGrants piercing tears. After piercing one enemy, tears start homing and deal double damage. does not damage you as long as you hit at least one enemy making the item very useful.
- Unless you already have piercing tears, Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile. should generally be avoided. While blocking a shot does count as a hit, without piercing, it will also destroy your tear before it can deal any damage, making bullet-heavy fights such as Mom's Heart/It Lives and Isaac extraordinarily difficult.
- Oddly enough, BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. won't make you suffer for missing enemies, making the challenge a simple Judas brimstone run.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. has the same effect.
- Mom's WigAdds a chance to spawn blue spiders when firing tears. Restores 1 red heart. will keep spawning friendly spiders until there's 5 of them when charging the shot.
- The same goes for the Guppy transformation or The MulliganTears have a 1/6 chance of spawning allied blue flies when they hit an enemy..
- Be careful, however, because if your friendly spiders/flies kill the enemy before your tear hits it, you'll take damage.
- The same goes for No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 50 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time. and Bob's BrainSpawns a familiar that charges forward when shooting tears and explodes upon contact with an enemy, damaging and poisoning them. The familiar respawns after a few seconds., as spawning bombs under you while charging and the explosions from the brain, respectively, can easily end your run.
- The same goes for the Guppy transformation or The MulliganTears have a 1/6 chance of spawning allied blue flies when they hit an enemy..
- Neither Gnawed LeafAfter standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots. nor the shields from Book of ShadowsUpon use, creates a protective shield nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds. and VirgoGrants a chance to trigger the Book of Shadows effect upon taking damage, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 10 seconds. Also converts "bad pills" into "good pills". protect you from your missed tears.
- Watch out when using unidentified pills, as R U a Wizard? can be disastrous to your run if you're not extremely careful and/or lucky. Check the shops for a PHDConverts all bad pills into good pills, spawns one pill pickup and restores health. Identifies all pills upon pickup., just in case.
- The WaferAll sources of damage that would cause more than one half heart of damage are reduced to one half heart instead. makes the challenge much easier in The Womb and beyond, as it halves the damage dealt from missing tears.
- Any item that helps refill red heart containers such as the Yum HeartRestores 1 whole red heart., Maggy's BowGives one heart container and doubles the healing provided by red hearts., and The JarWhen at full health, up to 4 extra hearts can be stored in the jar. will be helpful in case misses are frequent.
Bad Items[edit | edit source]
- Taking Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears. or Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears. is not recommended, as they release tears which count towards your hit/miss. Since they release multiple tears at a time, they will almost unavoidably cause tears to hit the ground.
- Isaac's TearsShoots 8 tears around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects of his tears. Each tear shot by Isaac increases item charge by one., however, don't.
- The Tear DetonatorWhen used, will detonate any tears currently on the screen and cause each one to split into 6 more tears which will fire in a circle, similar to Tammy's Head. doesn't count either.
- Taking any item that multiples the number of tears (e.g. 20/20Grants double shot., The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears., Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears., Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro., or HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.) is not recommended, as Judas has to hit with every tear to not take damage.
- Similarly, taking Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle., Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's., The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something. is not recommended, as the split tears also have to hit enemies for the player to not take damage.
- Be careful when picking up any active Book items, as picking up 3 will transform you into a Bookworm, periodically giving you 2 shots.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo. can be dangerous, as even if the aura kills an enemy, if the shot doesn't hit an enemy or poop, it will count as a miss.
- When using Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it., keep your distance against non-boss enemies. If the ring kills an enemy before the tear hits it, it can cause you to miss the shot.
- Circle of ProtectionSurrounds Isaac with a large white halo around him that pulsates. With each pulse, the halo deals contact damage to enemies equal to Isaac's damage. Each pulse also converts any enemy shots touching the ring into friendly purple homing tears.: You can take damage from tears reflected by the ring.
- ExplosivoIsaac's tears have a chance to stick to enemies and explode. should be avoided. The Explosivo shot doesn't count as hitting the enemy until it blows up. If you kill an enemy with the Explosivo shot on them, your tear will fall to the ground and you'll take damage. Enemies that jump or teleport will also cause Explosivo shots to fall off. If the enemy with an Explosivo shot walks near a wall, the tear will disappear and you'll take damage.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession. is not recommended, as it prevents you from charging shots (instead, you fire automatically like regular tears). You do get a +1 damage increase after the damage reduction but the fast fire rate will make it nearly impossible to stop your tears hitting anything other than an enemy.
- Taking The WizTears simultaneously fire out of both eyes diagonally, similar to the effect of the R U A Wizard? pill. Isaac's tears also travel above all obstacles. is not recommended, as firing two tears simultaneously will likely cause one tear to miss.
- Taking My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed. is not recommended, as firing a tear from a long distance causes the tear to go the opposite direction and miss, unless there is an enemy behind you.
- Hitting a target while having Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room. still causes you to take damage and teleport out of the room.
- Charging your shots before entering a room can kill you, since it will fire a big tear followed by 3 little tears, causing damage.
- and Fruit CakeIsaac's tears gain a random effect that changes every shot. are not recommended because the changing effects will make it more likely for tears to miss.
- Using ClickerTransforms Isaac into another random character. may take away Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged., making the run significantly more difficult.
- The instant kill effect of Little HornAdds a chance to fire a piercing tear that instantly kills any enemy that it touches. doesn't count as a hit, and will hurt Judas.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light. will cause Judas to take damage on every shot.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage. will cause Judas to take damage on every tear's skip, unless the tear hits an enemy before the next bounce.
- LibraGives 6 coins, 6 bombs, and 6 keys and balances out all attributes. will balance your stats, making your damage way less effective.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The challenge's name, "Onan's Streak," and the challenge conditions are a reference to the biblical character Onan. According to Old Testament law, a man with a married, deceased brother would have the responsibility of producing an heir for his sibling. Onan knew that having this heir would prevent him from legally owning his brother's land, and so spilled his semen onto the ground. God viewed this deed as wicked and killed Onan.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The WombDefeat Mom for the 1st timeThe HarbingersDefeat Mom for the 1st timeA Cube of MeatDefeat Mom for the 1st timeA HaloDefeat Mom using The BiblePuristDefeat Mom for the first time||XXXXXXXXLDefeat Mom for the 1st timeSPEED!Defeat Mom for the 1st timeHave a HeartDefeat Mom for the 1st timePRIDE DAY!Defeat Mom for the 1st timeOnan's StreakDefeat Mom for the 1st timeThe GuardianDefeat Mom for the 1st time||Aprils foolDefeat Mom for the 1st time|
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|