Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ouroboros Worm is a trinket added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth † expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears travel in a large spiral pattern.
- Grants spectral tears.
- +4.0 range.
- +2.0 tear height.
- A luck-based chance for a homing shot, reaching 100% at 9 luck.
- The homing shots are not different in appearance.
- The homing does not override the spiral pattern, making them still unreliable.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Azazel: Increases the range of his short-ranged Brimstone. No homing chance.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Since the bombs don't follow the spiral pattern, only the extra range and chance for a homing bomb apply.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: The tears follow a straight path, ignoring the spiral pattern, the tears also stall at a specific point giving a greater chance to land tears.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Ouroboros Worm.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear spirals around in a difficult to control manner, with the added homing chance further complicating things.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Ouroboros Worm.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Ouroboros Worm.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Ouroboros Worm.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This trinket is a reference to Edmund's future game Øuroboros.
- The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol, showing a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.
References[edit | edit source]
- Flat WormIsaac's tears take on an oblong appearance. They also push enemies back.
- Hook WormTears move shifting left to right forming a path of right angles. +10 to Range (effective range remains about the same).
- Lazy WormTear shot speed is greatly reduced.
- Ouroboros WormTears travel in a large spiral pattern and become spectral.
- Pulse WormShots pulse in size.
- Rainbow WormIsaac's tears gain a worm effect that changes every 3 seconds.
- Ring WormGives Isaac spinning shots.
- Tape WormDoubles Isaac's range and halves his tear height.
- Wiggle WormGives Isaac's shots a wave-like trajectory. +0.3 Tears up.
- Whip WormIncreases shot speed by 0.5, increasing effective range.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|