Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Ouroboros Worm is a trinket added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth † expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears travel in a large spiral pattern.
- Grants spectral tears.
- +4.0 range.
- +2.0 tear height.
- A luck-based chance for a homing shot, reaching 100% at 9 luck.
- The homing shots are not different in appearance.
- The homing does not override the spiral pattern, making them still unreliable.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Azazel: Increases the range of his short-ranged Brimstone. No homing chance.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Since the bombs don't follow the spiral pattern, only the extra range and chance for a homing bomb apply.
- Tractor BeamIsaac emits a beam from his face. Isaac's tears travel in the path of the beam.: The tears follow a straight path, ignoring the spiral pattern, the tears also stall at a specific point giving a greater chance to land tears.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Ouroboros Worm.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear spirals around in a difficult to control manner, with the added homing chance further complicating things.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Ouroboros Worm.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Ouroboros Worm.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Ouroboros Worm.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This trinket is a reference to Edmund's future game Øuroboros.
- The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol, showing a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.
References[edit | edit source]
- Flat WormIsaac's tears take on an oblong appearance. They also push enemies back.
- Hook WormTears move shifting left to right forming a path of right angles. +10 to Range (effective range remains about the same).
- Lazy WormTear shot speed is greatly reduced.
- Ouroboros WormTears travel in a large spiral pattern and become spectral.
- Pulse WormShots pulse in size.
- Rainbow WormIsaac's tears gain a worm effect that changes every 3 seconds.
- Ring WormGives Isaac spinning shots.
- Tape WormDoubles Isaac's range and halves his tear height.
- Wiggle WormGives Isaac's shots a wave-like trajectory. +0.3 Tears up.
- Whip WormIncreases shot speed by 0.5, increasing effective range.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|