| 2 rooms|
|(page 4, column 13, line 6)
Pause is an active item added in Afterbirth †.
- Stops all enemies until a fire button is pressed.
- This does not affect troll bombs.
- Touching frozen enemies will still damage Isaac.
- Co-op babies can fire without ending the effect.
- Bosses are affected.
- After 30 seconds, they will resume their actions while non-boss enemies (except Lil' Haunt) are still paused.
- Paused enemies will not have their damage scaling working effectively, making it highly effective against bosses that employ the mechanic.
- Damage against paused multi-segmented bosses works unpredictably, most notably allowing you to damage Scolex on normally invulnerable parts.
- This allows you to clear a room or do damage to a boss for 30 seconds if you have a way to deal damage without attacking, like an orbital or follower that attacks automatically.
- Butter!Using an active item will drop it onto a pedestal on the ground. Taking damage may result in dropping a passive item.: Isaac drops Pause after using it, allowing him to fire tears to damage enemies while paused.
Mega Satan will not play his death animation if he is killed while paused.