Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Stops all enemies until a fire button is pressed.
- This does not affect troll bombs.
- Touching frozen enemies will still damage Isaac.
- Co-op babies can fire without ending the effect.
- Bosses are affected.
- After 30 seconds, they will resume their actions while non-boss enemies (except Lil' Haunt) are still paused.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- New enemies generated during Pause being active will not be frozen and act normally. This applies for spawn-upon-death effects such as Attack Flies created by a Moter, or a Boss that's become unfrozen summoning enemies.
- Paused enemies will not have their damage scaling working effectively, making it highly effective against bosses that employ the mechanic.
- Damage against paused multi-segmented bosses works unpredictably, most notably allowing you to damage Scolex on normally invulnerable parts.
- This allows you to clear a room or do damage to a boss for 30 seconds if you have a way to deal damage without attacking, like an orbital or follower that attacks automatically.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Butter!Using an active item will drop it onto a pedestal on the ground. Taking damage may result in dropping a passive item.: Using Pause with Butter! causes Pause to be dropped with no additional effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|