| Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat.|
Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages.
|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeThe Harbingers|
Pestilence is the horseman of Chapter 2.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- Pestilence will float around the room, leaving a trail of poison.
- In addition to the trail of poison, it will fire explosive projectiles at Isaac which too, leave poison.
- Pestilence can also summon up to four Chargers or Spitties.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Pestilence is now headless.
- It will keep firing the explosive projectiles at Isaac.
- Instead of Chargers or Spitties, Pestilence will summon Attack Flies.
Champion versions[edit | edit source]
- White: This version leaves a trail of white creep, which slows the player down, shoots 6 bullets away from itself instead of explosive shots and spawns Trites instead of Chargers or Spitties. It spawns Spiders instead of flies in Phase 2.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Pestilence as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Pestilence appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- Pestilence, while very often portrayed as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in popular culture, is not present in the Bible at all (see Rev 6:2) and is an example of incorrect interpretation. The canonical Four Horsemen are Conquest (white), War (red), Famine (black) and Death (pale).
- Pestilence means a fatal disease epidemic.
- The entirety of Pestilence's offense deals with poison and bugs that are associated with rot.
- Pestilence is the only Harbinger that does not have a charge attack.
- Pestilence’s head resembles The Husk.
- Pestilence makes a "Hey!" sound when launching explosive projectiles at Isaac. Famine makes the same noises when spitting shots at Isaac at its second phase.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|