Piggy Bank is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds 3 coins on pickup.
- When Isaac takes damage 1-2 coins will drop.
- When held by Keeper, it will drop 0-1 coins instead.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Keeper collects this item with 1 health coin, it will heal a coin and add 2 coins to his inventory.
- Unlike the coins dropped from being hit by a shot from a Keeper, Greed or Super Greed, the coins that are dropped from the piggy bank are not subtracted from Isaac's total.
- Can appear in the shop and the item room on the same floor, but picking up multiple copies of the item does not cause its effect to stack.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood Donation Machine: Nets coins from both the Piggy Bank and the Blood Donation Machine, making them extra effective.
- Bloody PennyGives a 50% chance to drop a half heart when money is collected.: Adds a chance to recover lost health and can be used in combination with Blood Donation Machines to gain even more money.
- Counterfeit PennyGives a 50% chance of increasing the value of every coin pickup by one.: More chances for Counterfeit Penny's effect to activate.
- Humbling BundleGives one extra pickup (1+1 Free version) of Red Hearts, pennies, bombs, and keys. Does not work with blue, black, and half red hearts, nickels, and dimes.: Gives you twice as many coins per activation. The Humbling Bundle also turns full Heart drops into 2 Hearts, greatly increasing the amount of money that you can gain from damage.
- PlacentaGrants a full heart container, and a chance to regenerate a half-heart of health every minute of gameplay.: Can be used to extremely slowly gain an infinite amount of coins, given a source of environmental damage.
- PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.: Like the Placenta, can be used to gain an infinite amount of coins, but works best with an enemy/boss that causes explosions, such as Pestilence.
- ScapularOnce per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.: Entering and exiting the curse room allows Isaac to gain a virtually infinite amount of coins.
- Swallowed PennyUpon taking damage, Isaac drops a penny.: Grants more coins upon taking damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item might be a reference to the similar item in Risk Of Rain called Life Savings, as suggested by its description.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
1ZQ6 398F (adjacent to spawn)
AA0T WMW9 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
8F84 7ZNP (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
VHY9 JNP3 (treasure room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|