Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Piggy Bank is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds 3 coins on pickup.
- When Isaac takes damage 1-2 pennies will drop.
- When held by Keeper, it will drop 0-1 pennies instead.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Keeper collects this item with 1 health coin, it will heal a coin and add 2 coins to his inventory.
- Unlike the coins dropped from being hit by a shot from a Keeper, Greed or Super Greed, the coins that are dropped from the piggy bank are not subtracted from Isaac's total.
- Can appear in the shop and the item room on the same floor, but picking up multiple copies of the item does not cause its effect to stack.
- The drops from Piggy Bank, unlike Swallowed PennyUpon taking damage, Isaac drops a penny., are locked to normal pennies, instead of random types of coins.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Blood Donation Machine: Nets coins from both the Piggy Bank and the Blood Donation Machine, making them extra effective.
- Bloody PennyGives a 50% chance to drop a half heart when money is collected.: Adds a chance to recover lost health and can be used in combination with Blood Donation Machines to gain even more money.
- Counterfeit PennyGives a 50% chance of increasing the value of every coin pickup by one.: More chances for Counterfeit Penny's effect to activate.
- Humbling BundleGives one extra pickup (1+1 Free version) of Red Hearts, pennies, bombs, and keys. Does not work with blue, black, and half red hearts, nickels, and dimes.: Gives you twice as many coins per activation. The Humbling Bundle also turns full Heart drops into 2 Hearts, greatly increasing the amount of money that you can gain from damage.
- PlacentaGrants a full heart container, and a chance to regenerate a half-heart of health every minute of gameplay.: Can be used to extremely slowly gain an infinite amount of coins, given a source of environmental damage.
- PyromaniacIsaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.: Like the Placenta, can be used to gain an infinite amount of coins, but works best with an enemy/boss that causes explosions, such as Pestilence.
- ScapularOnce per room, when Isaac is reduced to his last half red Heart, the aura around his head temporarily vanishes and he is granted one Soul Heart.: Entering and exiting the curse room allows Isaac to gain a virtually infinite amount of coins.
- Swallowed PennyUpon taking damage, Isaac drops a penny.: Grants more coins upon taking damage.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item might be a reference to the similar item in Risk Of Rain called Life Savings, as suggested by its description.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
1ZQ6 398F (adjacent to spawn)
AA0T WMW9 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
8F84 7ZNP (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
VHY9 JNP3 (treasure room adjacent to spawn) (normal mode only)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|