Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 2, column 15, row 5)|
Placenta is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants one full Heart Container when picked up.
- Isaac has a chance to regenerate half of a red heart every one minute of gameplay.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The regeneration can happen multiple times in the same room, so there is no need to move between rooms to continue regeneration.
- It is possible to regenerate all missing hearts by simply standing in the same room for a while. Players may want to take a short break with the game not paused in order to regenerate all of their health.
- Regeneration does not occur when standing in a Crawl Space.
- Regeneration occurs with Keeper; it will restore a full health coin for him.
- Regeneration occurs with The Forgotten, restoring a third of a bone heart.
- Regeneration will not occur for ???, as he only has soul hearts.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Bloody LustIncreases damage as Isaac receives damage. Damage increase stays for the whole floor.: Isaac can gain up to +6.5 damage if provided with a safe source of damage (e.g. fire or spikes), as he can regenerate health without having to do anything. However, this method is very slow and inefficient.
- Gnawed LeafAfter standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots.: Allows Isaac to safely regenerate in any room.
- IV BagUpon activation, Isaac loses a half-heart (one whole heart in The Womb onwards) for a random amount of coins, similar to the blood donation machine. / Blood Donation Machine: Allows Isaac to slowly gain coins, but due to the time required, this is very inefficient.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Maggy's BowGives one heart container and doubles the healing provided by red hearts.: No effect on regen.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Placenta is an organ that forms from the mother's uterus during pregnancy that supports the unborn child during development until it is expelled during childbirth. In some cultures, it is a common practice for the mother and/or child to eat the expelled placenta.
- This, like many other things Isaac does, is medically inadvisable.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
EPBF FS6M (Basement I boss)
Gnawed Leaf in first floor item room)419H 1DQM (Basement I boss,
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|