Placenta is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants one full Heart Container when picked up.
- Isaac has a chance to regenerate half of a red heart every one minute of gameplay.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The regeneration can happen multiple times in the same room, so there is no need to move between rooms to continue regeneration.
- It is possible to regenerate all missing hearts by simply standing in the same room for a while. Players may want to take a short break with the game not paused in order to regenerate all of their health.
- Regeneration does not occur when standing in a Crawl Space.
- Regeneration occurs with Keeper; it will restore a full health coin for him.
- Regeneration occurs with The Forgotten, restoring a third of a bone heart.
- Regeneration will not occur for ???, as he only has soul hearts.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Bloody LustIncreases damage as Isaac receives damage. Damage increase stays for the whole floor.: Isaac can gain up to +6.5 damage if provided with a safe source of damage (e.g. fire or spikes), as he can regenerate health without having to do anything. However, this method is very slow and inefficient.
- Gnawed LeafAfter standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots.: Allows Isaac to safely regenerate in any room.
- IV BagUpon activation, Isaac loses a half-heart (one whole heart in The Womb onwards) for a random amount of coins, similar to the blood donation machine. / Blood Donation Machine: Allows Isaac to slowly gain coins, but due to the time required, this is very inefficient.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Maggy's BowGives one heart container and doubles the healing provided by red hearts.: No effect on regen.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Placenta is an organ that forms from the mother's uterus during pregnancy that supports the unborn child during development until it is expelled during childbirth. In some cultures, it is a common practice for the mother and/or child to eat the expelled placenta.
- This, like many other things Isaac does, is medically inadvisable.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
EPBF FS6M (Basement I boss)
Gnawed Leaf in first floor item room)419H 1DQM (Basement I boss,
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! Going into a Ventricle Razor portal at the same time the effect of Placenta is triggered will cause the effect to trigger in rapid succesion, effectively healing Isaac to full health.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|