|(page 5, column 20, line 1)
Poke Go is a passive item added in Afterbirth †.
- Adds a chance to spawn a friendly "charmed" enemy upon entering a room with enemies in it.
- Friendly enemies persist between rooms and floors and will follow Isaac until they die.
- Unlike typical charmed enemies, a friendly enemy cannot harm Isaac, and he doesn't need to defeat them to clear a room.
- The effect is not activated upon entering the main room of Greed Mode.
- Multiple charmed enemies can spawn at the same time.
- For enemies that spawn other enemies, the spawned enemies will also be friendly.
- Friendly BallThrowing the ball at an enemy instantly kills it and captures it. The captured enemy can later be released and will be charmed until it dies, persisting between floors. spawns friendly enemies as well.
- The item's name is a reference to Pokémon GO.
- The item's description is also a reference to the Pokémon series. A common phrase in the series is "Gotta catch 'em all!"
- The message "A charmed (enemy) appears!" is a reference to the phrase "A wild pokémon appears!" from the series.