Pokies are invulnerable enemies that slide around the room aimlessly in cardinal directions, dealing contact damage. They may move slightly faster towards Isaac if he gets in their sight. When the enemies or Silver Buttons are cleared from the room, the Poky stops moving and no longer does contact damage.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Slide[edit | edit source]
Slides will remain stationary in their positions and have their spikes drawn out, dealing contact damage. Should Isaac get in its sight in cardinal directions, Slides will move towards Isaac's direction then move back to its previous position. They have a short cooldown after charging towards Isaac before being able to move towards him again. They will not stop moving, even after enemies in the room are clear. They can, however, be deactivated from Silver Buttons and retract its spikes as a result, meaning that they'll stop dealing contact damage and also stop moving towards Isaac.
Wall Hugger[edit | edit source]
Wall Huggers move around walls and obstacles endlessly. A couple of seconds after Isaac enters a room with them, their spikes will be drawn out, dealing contact damage. They will be unable to be shut down, even if enemies are cleared from the room. They can, however, be deactivated by Silver Buttons, retracting its spikes, meaning that it'll no longer move and do contact damage. Their paths can also be stopped should a fireplace or static enemy be in their way.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A Poky can appear in a Loki boss fight.
- Two Pokies appear in a Super Pride miniboss fight.
- A Slide can appear in a Loki boss fight.
- In Greed mode, if a Slide is spawned and all waves are cleared, the Slide will still try to harm Isaac. Leaving and re-entering the room will make the Slide disappear.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All three variants are similar to Blade Traps, hazards found in The Legend of Zelda, with each trap imitating the different behaviors of them between games.
- Pokies imitate the Blade Traps from Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, being traps that move freely around the room.
- Slides imitate the traditional Blade Traps from the original The Legend of Zelda, closing in Isaac whenever he is in their line of detection.
- Wall Huggers imitate the Blade Traps from Twilight Princess, moving around the room's walls and obstacles.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|