Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Polycephalus's attacks consist of burrowing underground and then attacking Isaac in a variety of ways.
- He may spray out a barrage of shots towards the player.
- He may fire a spread-shot of three shots at the player.
- He may summon a Round Worm.
- He may shoot out eight tears around him.
When Polycephalus bursts upwards is random, however the player can delay him appearing by continuing to move, and can force him to appear by standing still. In the latter case Polycephalus will appear directly beside the player.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Red: Summons Para-Bites instead of Round Worms. All blood shot attacks are replaced with a ring of six blood shots.
- Pink: Two Polycephaluses, each with half health, replace the normal Polycephalus. They do not spawn Round Worms.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Polycephalus as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stain is the posthumous version of it.
- Polycephaly is the condition of having more than one head.
- Polycephalus shares its name with a cactus.
- Polycephalus is one of three bosses to have its posthumous version in the same chapter, the others being Gemini having Blighted Ovum in Chapter 1, and Chub having Carrion Queen in Chapter 2.
- Polycephalus is one of the three bosses that can be spawned by It Lives, the other two being Chub and Teratoma.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|