Effects[edit | edit source]
- Greatly increased damage: (Damage + 4) * 2.
- Tears down: (Delay * 2.1) + 3.
- If a tear kills an enemy, the tear travels on with any leftover damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Chocolate Milk: Greatly increases the damage of each shot. Charge time seems unaffected.
- Dr. Fetus: Increases tear delay, and after the first bomb explodes, a second bomb appears where the first one exploded, doing roughly half the damage of the first.
- The Inner Eye/ Mutant Spider: The tear rate is not lowered further, but the effect on damage becomes a flat +5 bonus instead.
- The Forgotten: The Forgotten's bone club becomes massive. It deals very high damage but has a very low swing rate.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Greatly increases damage and charge time.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ Euthanasia/ The Parasite: When split tears kill an enemy, they can continue to travel with leftover damage.
- Epic Fetus: Isaac fires less frequent missiles that do massive damage.
- Ipecac: Slightly increases damage, large decrease in fire rate.
- Lachryphagy: Increases tear delay and greatly increases how big the fed tear can grow.
- Lost Contact: Isaac's tears will block enemy shots and continue, but lose 10 damage. If the tear had less than 10 damage left, it disappears.
- Mom's Knife: Massively increased damage and decreased charge rate.
- Piercing tears: Since tears go through enemies instead of disappearing on contact with one, they do not decay in damage.
- Soy Milk: Because Soy Milk has the opposite effect of Polyphemus, the resulting combination will make Isaac's tears relatively normal. They still will be extremely small and have a higher fire rate than normal.
- Trisagion: Damage reduction applies after Polyphemus' damage increase.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Much like other eye-altering passive items, Polyphemus has a unique appearance on The Forgotten, appearing as an empty eye socket.
- Polyphemus, ancient Greek for "The much vaunted", is a Cyclops. He is the son of Poseidon and the sea nymph Thoosa.
- This item is used in Challenge #15 (Slow Roll).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
01LE JSFZ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
CRCR 2DRH (Treasure room north of spawn)
Z9EF 3B2H (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
KWG7 MXZR (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
4S8J GX6L (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NKV1 BPSK (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
6DA4 KK71 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
0ZT7 0K1A (First floor treasure room)
YAXZ H2WD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
WARH B6XF (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
3KDZ DYK1 (First floor treasure room; Curse of the Blind)
919A H73A (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
9SSM BWNL (First floor treasure room)
X02A WEJQ (First floor treasure room, go up then clear that room and polyphemus will be awaiting your arrival)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|