Effects[edit | edit source]
- Greatly increased damage: (Damage + 4) * 2.
- Tears down: (Delay * 2.1) + 3.
- If a tear kills an enemy, the tear travels on with the leftover damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Greatly increases damage and charge time.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged.: Greatly increases the damage of each shot. Charge time seems unaffected.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: When split tears kill an enemy, they can continue to travel with leftover damage.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Isaac fires less frequent missiles that do massive damage.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Increases tear delay and greatly increases how big the fed tear can grow.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Massively increased damage while decreasing charge rate.
- Piercing tears: Since tears go through enemies instead of disappearing on contact with one, they do not decay in damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Increases tear delay, and after the first bomb explodes, a second bomb appears where the first one exploded, doing roughly half the damage of the first.
- The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Fires 3/4 Polyphemus tears instead of one. The tear rate is not lowered further, but the effect on damage becomes a flat +5 bonus instead.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Slightly increases damage, large decrease in fire rate.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Isaac's tears will block enemy shots and continue, but lose 10 damage. If the tear had less than 10 damage left, it disappears.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Because Soy Milk has the opposite effect of Polyphemus, the resulting combination will make Isaac's tears relatively normal. They still will be extremely small and have a higher fire rate than normal.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Damage reduction applies after Polyphemus' damage increase.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Much like other eye-altering passive items, Polyphemus has a unique appearance on The Forgotten, appearing as an empty eye socket.
- Polyphemus, ancient Greek for "The much vaunted", is a Cyclops. He is the son of Poseidon and the sea nymph Thoosa.
- This item is used in Challenge #15 (Slow Roll).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
01LE JSFZ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
CRCR 2DRH (Treasure room north of spawn)
Z9EF 3B2H (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
KWG7 MXZR (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
4S8J GX6L (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
NKV1 BPSK (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
6DA4 KK71 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
0ZT7 0K1A (First floor treasure room)
YAXZ H2WD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
WARH B6XF (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
3KDZ DYK1 (First floor treasure room; Curse of the Blind)
919A H73A (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|