From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Greatly increased damage: (Damage + 4) * 2
- Tears down: (Delay * 2.1) + 3
- If a tear kills an enemy, the tear travels on with the leftover damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20: Fires 2 Polyphemus tears instead of one.
- Brimstone: Greatly increases damage and charge time.
- Chocolate Milk: Greatly increases damage of each shot. Charge time seems unaffected.
- Eve's Mascara: Makes tears even larger with increased damage. Fire rate will be extremely low but the large tear can kill most enemies in one shot.
- Ipecac: Slightly increases damage, large decrease in fire rate.
- Mom's Knife: Massively increased damage while decreasing charge rate.
- Monstro's Lung: Increases charge time and damage.
- Piercing shots: Tears do not lose strength upon piercing enemies.
- Proptosis: Very large, high-damage tears with a short range.
- Pupula Duplex: Widens tear shots and adds Spectral Tear effect.
- Rotten Baby: Greatly increases flies damage.
- Rubber Cement: Tears bounce off of enemies without losing strength.
- Sacred Heart: Greatly increases the damage and the size of the tear making the tear extremely big.
- Tech.5: Frequently fires a very high damage laser.
- Technology: Greatly increases damage while decreasing rate of fire.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- The Inner Eye / Mutant Spider: Fires 3 / 4 Polyphemus tears instead of one. Tear rate is not lowered further, but the effect on damage becomes a flat +5 bonus instead.
- Lost Contact: Isaac's tears will block enemy shots and continue on, but lose 10 damage. If the tear had less than 10 damage left, it disappears.
- A second Polyphemus: No effect.
Ingame Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
01LE JSFZ (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
CRCR 2DRH (Treasure room north of spawn)
Z9EF 3B2H (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
KWG7 MXZR (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
4S8J GX6L (Treasure room adjacent to spawn) (Normal mode only)
NKV1 BPSK (Treasure room adjacent to spawn) (Normal mode only)
6DA4 KK71 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
0ZT7 0K1A (First floor treasure room)
YAXZ H2WD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
WARH B6XF (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
3KDZ DYK1 (First floor treasure room; Curse of the Blind)
919A H73A (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Polyphemus, ancient Greek for "The much vaunted", is a Cyclops. He is the son of Poseidon and the sea nymph Thoosa.
- This item is used in Challenge #15 (Slow Roll).
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|