Difficulty[edit | edit source]
The high starting Damage makes this run fairly easy, although keep in mind, that the high tear-delay, tears can only be fired once every 5 seconds.
Make sure to pick The Polaroid after the fight against Mom.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Keeping Cupid's Arrow in mind, try to hit as many enemies with the initial shot as possible since while the tear is midair Isaac cannot shoot any more tears until the cooldown is up.
- Before entering the next room, make sure that the current tear is no longer flying, since Isaac may not be able to shoot a tear upon entering a new room.
- There is not a need to take any damage ups, so if given the choice, pick speed or Health ups.
- All items that generate flies are extremely useful, due to fixed high damage.
- Sacrifice Rooms can be used to skip to the Dark Room. Beating The Lamb there will count as clearing the challenge.
- Thanks to the huge damage stat, Isaac can easily reach Boss Rush if reached in time. But while Boss Rush can provide extremely beneficial items, most bosses won't die in a single hit (and damage cannot be increased to one-shot them), resulting in Isaac having to avoid several attacks to fire the next tear. It may be better to skip the Boss Rush to avoid taking unnecessary damage.
- Luring enemies into the bouncing tear may be a viable strategy, especially if it is stuck somewhere.
- Purposely making the tear stuck (e.g. by shooting it against a wall directly, making it bounce back and forth) might be viable situationally (e.g. Larry Jr. or any fight, where the boss is stationary, especially when this stationary enemy is in the center of the room.
Good items[edit | edit source]
- Shoop Da Whoop! is a valuable item since its damage scales with Isaac's damage, one-shotting most bosses.
- Bob's Rotten Head is also a very strong item because the poison effect deals triple Isaac's damage.
- Tammy's Head, Tear Detonator, and Sad Bombs are very valuable as the storm of giant bouncing tears can clear any room (even bosses) in a few seconds.
- Mutant Spider and The Inner Eye also provide a big help since tear delay is fixed.
- Libra is a very valuable item, as it will balance all stats out, even the stats fixed by the challenge, giving Isaac very high and balanced stats, making the challenge effectively trivial.
- Fate's Reward will fire the same high-damage tears at a faster rate than Isaac.
- Chocolate Milk is an extremely powerful item that will allow Isaac to quickly fire small but powerful tears, or charge up to fire a room size tear that will rapidly bounce off all enemies in the room.
- Technology 2 will allow Isaac to fire a very high damage laser without the drawback of the low tear rate.
- Succubus is an extremely potent room clearer, since it scales with Isaac's damage.
- Varicose Veins helps when getting hit, as it will trigger the Tammy's Head effect each time.
- Finger! scales with the high starting damage, making this item a perfect primary weapon.
- Ouroboros Worm can make this run trivial as the tear's high speed and travel rate can have it cover the entire room before it bursts.
- Items that give flies or spiders like Guppy's Head or Box of Spiders will be able to near-instantly kill bosses and clear rooms very fast, as flies do two times Isaac's damage.
- Eye of Belial grants homing and piercing tears after hitting one enemy. This makes the run very easy.
- Multidimensional Baby doubles tears, which can clear rooms very easily.
- Godhead will cover a large portion of the room with its damaging aura. When combined with another item like Ouroboros Worm that speeds up the tear, the entire room may be cleared immediately.
- Maw of the Void can eliminate entire rooms in one go if the circle attack is charged.
- The Boomerang will deal double Isaac's damage, for a total of 300 damage, and it recharges in 4 seconds.
- Magic Fingers can clear rooms in one go, as it scales with Isaac's damage.
- Toxic Shock allows Isaac to clear most rooms upon entering them, as it will deal double Isaac's damage (for 200 in total) to every enemy in the room upon entering.
- Pupula Duplex Isaac's tears become a huge arc covering more than half of the width of a typical room allowing for an easy run while one-shotting bosses.
- The Parasite Isaac's tears split into smaller ball-shaped tears upon hitting enemies, causing the room to quickly fill with bouncing tear shots that can quickly clear a room.
Bad items[edit | edit source]
- Mom's Knife should be avoided; despite enormous damage, it will take a long time to charge for any meaningful distance, so Isaac will be essentially reduced to melee range.
- Ipecac should also be avoided. The tears will not bounce anymore, and due to the great height of the tears, these will pass over the enemies, being very difficult to hit.
- Technology should also be avoided, as the delay between lasers will become very long, and the lasers do not bounce.
- The Small Rock and Pentagram (if offered by a deal with the Devil) should be avoided; the former will only lower Isaac's speed while the latter will only result in a loss of a Heart container(s).
- Proptosis Will lower damage as the tear travels, without any plus to damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Items that increase damage or tears won't affect Isaac's stats.
- Items that adjust tear range will cause tears to be recalculated: more range means slower fire rate, and vice versa.
- Defeating Delirium will also clear the challenge.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- Greed's Gullet - Complete Pong (challenge #35).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The challenge's name is a reference to the game Pong.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|