| Cupid's ArrowGrants Isaac piercing tears that travel through enemies (but not obstacles) instead of breaking on impact with them.|
Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.
|: no : yes|
|Greed's GulletComplete challenge #35|
|Defeat Isaac 5 timesPONG|
Pong is Challenge #35. Isaac start off with Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects. and Cupid's ArrowGrants Isaac piercing tears that travel through enemies (but not obstacles) instead of breaking on impact with them.. Damage is fixed at 100 and tear delay is fixed at 150. The goal is to defeat ??? in the Chest.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
The high starting Damage makes this run fairly easy, although keep in mind, that the high tear-delay, tears can only be fired once every 5 seconds.
Make sure to pick The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest. after the fight against Mom.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Keeping Cupid's Arrow in mind, try to hit as many enemies with the initial shot as possible since the tear midair, nor shoot any more tears, until the cooldown is up.
- Before entering the next room, make sure that the current tear is no longer flying, since Isaac may not be able to shoot a tear upon entering a new room.
- There is not a need to take any damage ups, so if given the choice, pick speed or Health ups.
- All items that generate flies are extremely useful, due to fixed high damage.
- Sacrifice Rooms can be used to skip to the Dark Room. Beating The Lamb there will count as clearing the challenge.
- Thanks to the huge damage stat, Isaac can easily reach Boss Rush if reached in time. But while Boss Rush can provide items that are extremely beneficial, most bosses won't die in a single hit (and damage cannot be increased to one-shot them), resulting in Isaac having to avoid several attacks to fire the next tear. It may be better to skip the Boss Rush to avoid taking unnecessary damage.
- Luring enemys into the bouncing tear may be a viable strategy, especially if it is stuck somewhere.
- Purposely making the tear stuck (e.g. by shooting it against a wall directly, making it bounce back and forth) might be viable situationally (e.g. Larry Jr. or any fight, where the boss is stationary, especially when this stationary enemy is in the center of the room.
Good items[edit | edit source]
- Shoop Da Whoop!Fires a laser from Isaac's mouth. is a valuable item since its damage scales with Isaac's damage, one-shotting most bosses.
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact. is also a very strong item because the poison effect deals triple Isaac's damage.
- Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears., Tear DetonatorWhen used, will detonate any tears currently on the screen and cause each one to split into 6 more tears which will fire in a circle, similar to Tammy's Head., and Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears. are very valuable as the storm of giant bouncing tears can clear any room (even bosses) in a few seconds.
- Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears. and The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears. also provide a big help since tear delay is fixed.
- LibraGives 6 coins, 6 bombs, and 6 keys and balances out all attributes. is a very valuable item, as it will balance all stats out, even the stats fixed by the challenge, giving Isaac very high and balanced stats, making the challenge effectively trivial.
- Fate's RewardA blue head familiar that will follow Isaac and fire tears copying his tear effects and damage. will fire the same high-damage tears at a faster rate than Isaac.
- Similarly, IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects. is a very powerful item as it fires an exact copy of the tear essentially doubling the already high damage. Combine this with BFFS!Increases the size and damage of familiars. for that tear to become even larger.
- Chocolate MilkGrants charged tears that deal greater damage when fully charged. is an extremely powerful item that will allow Isaac to quickly fire small but powerful tears, or charge up to fire a room size tear that will rapidly bounce off all enemies in the room.
- Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously. will allow Isaac to fire a very high damage laser without the drawback of the low tear rate.
- SuccubusSpawns a flying familiar that bounces around the room with a black aura, dealing rapid damage to any enemies inside it. While standing in the aura, Isaac gains a 1.5x tear damage multiplier. is an extremely potent room clearer, since it scales with Isaac's damage.
- Varicose VeinsTaking damage releases a ring of 10 high damage tears. helps when getting hit, as it will trigger the Tammy's Head effect each time.
- Finger!Spawns a finger familiar that points at enemies, dealing constant damage. scales with the high starting damage, making this item a perfect primary weapon.
- Ouroboros WormTears travel in a large spiral pattern and become spectral. can make this run trivial as the tear's high speed and travel rate can have it cover the entire room before it bursts.
- Items that give flies or spiders like Guppy's HeadSpawns 2-4 blue flies to damage enemies. will be able to near instantly kill bosses and clear rooms very fast, as flies do two times Isaac's damage.
- Eye of BelialGrants piercing tears. After piercing one enemy, tears start homing and deal double damage. grants homing and piercing tears after hitting one enemy. This makes the run very easy.
- Multidimensional BabySpawns a familiar that will follow Isaac's movements on a 2.5 second delay. Tears that pass through the baby will be doubled and increase in speed. doubles tears, which can clear rooms very easily.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo. will cover a large portion of the room with its damaging aura. When combined with another item like Ouroboros WormTears travel in a large spiral pattern and become spectral. that speeds up the tear, the entire room may be cleared immediately.
- Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it. can eliminate entire rooms in one go if the circle attack is charged.
- The BoomerangThrows a short-range boomerang which does a bit of damage and has a high chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Can also be used to grab pickups. will deal double Isaac's damage, for a total of 300 damage, and it recharges in 4 seconds.
- Magic FingersFor 1 coin, damages all enemies in the room. can clear rooms in one go, as it scales with Isaac's damage.
- Toxic ShockUpon entering a room, poisons all enemies, dealing double Isaac's tear damage. Killing enemies leaves a small, short lasting pool of green creep on the ground. allows Isaac to clear most rooms upon entering them, as it will deal double Isaac's damage (for 200 in total) to every enemy in the room upon entering.
- Pupula DuplexTransforms Isaac's tears into a wide arc shape which gives them a much larger hitbox. Gives Isaac spectral tears which allows them to travel through objects in the environment (i.e. rocks). Isaac's tears become a huge arc covering more than half of the width of a typical room allowing for an easy run while one-shotting bosses.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something. Isaac's tears split into smaller ball-shaped tears upon hitting enemies, causing the room to quickly fill with bouncing tear shots that can quickly clear a room.
Bad items[edit | edit source]
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. should be avoided; despite enormous damage, it will take lots of time to charge for any meaningful distance, so Isaac will be essentially reduced to melee range.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro. should also be avoided. The charge-up will take a very long time, and the tears will no longer bounce.
- Similarly, BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period., Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth. should also be avoided. The tears will not bounce anymore, and due to the great height of the tears, these will pass over the enemies, being very difficult to hit.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range. should also be avoided, as the delay between lasers will become very long, and the lasers do not bounce.
- The Small RockIncreases damage by 1, increases tears by 0.2, and decreases speed by 0.1. and PentagramIncreases damage and increases the chance for a Devil or Angel Room to appear. (if offered by a deal with the Devil) should be avoided; the former will only lower Isaac's speed while the latter will only result in a loss of a Heart container(s).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Items that increase damage or tears won't affect Isaac's stats.
- Items that adjust tear range will cause tears to be recalculated: more range means slower fire rate, and vice versa.
- Defeating Delirium will also clear the challenge.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The challenge's name is a reference to the game Pong.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|