Proptosis is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Doubles Isaac's Damage stat.
- Isaac's tears become larger and do more damage, but shrink and do less damage the farther they travel.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Effective range of Isaac's tears now also depends on the damage, as they can shrink out of existence before their air time runs out.
- Tear size increasing items also increase the maximum distance before its disappearance, but the damage dealt can go below original at the extreme.
- The item has the opposite effect of the item A Lump of Coal, which makes Isaac deal more damage from farther away.
- Does not affect Azazel's short-ranged Brimstone unless the range stat is extremely high.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: The tears will not decrease in size or damage until they start moving, making this excellent against enemies that chase Isaac.
- Brimstone: Retains the double damage effect without losing damage over range.
- Damage is doubled again for a total of 4x next to Isaac, but quickly drops further along the beam, at about 0.8x per tile of distance.
- Dr. Fetus/ Epic Fetus: Doubles damage with no penalty for distance.
- Godhead: The damaging halo shrinks with the tears.
- A Lump of Coal: Proptosis scales with Isaac's damage while the Lump of Coal does not. At base damage, the Lump of Coal will approximately negate the damage lost over distance, but with increased damage, tears still do more damage up close.
- Mom's Knife: The Knife damage is doubled regardless of range.
- Polyphemus: Tears do massive damage and carry with leftover damage while still shrinking.
- Technology/ Technology 2: Doubles damage.
- The beam decreases in damage and width the farther it travels. Tears become virtually powerless across large rooms like the Boss Rush and the Hush fight.
- Tech X: Ring size and damage is substantially increased, but decreases as the ring travels further from Isaac.
- Trisagion: Base damage is doubled and beam damage is boosted to about 65%. Blasts lose no power as they travel further, though the tips of the blasts deal very slightly less damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Athame/ Maw of the Void: The ring is much larger and deals 1.5x damage.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Tears will often disappear before they can burst. Tears created from bursts will also shrink, but due to their already low range, the difference may not be noticeable.
- Flat Stone: At base range and tear size, tears will bounce twice against the floor and then disappear.
- Ipecac: Tears almost disappear completely but are still able to do massive damage.
- Lachryphagy: Tears disappear too quickly to be fed.
- The Ludovico Technique: The closer the tear floats to Isaac, the larger it is. The farther away, the smaller it becomes.
- Monstro's Lung/ Lead Pencil: Tears will disappear at different distances depending on how big they were when fired.
- My Reflection: Tears disappear before they can return to Isaac.
- Pop!: Tears will disappear extremely quickly after being fired.
- Soy Milk: Very poor combination. Tears disappear nearly instantly in front of Isaac, decreasing his range and damage to nearly nothing.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Eye proptosis is a condition resulting in forward displacement and entrapment of the eye from behind by the eyelids. The condition is also known as eye dislocation and eye luxation.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
CMTS HNLP (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1SKS ZMYW (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
BZZ7 DWY3 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
HAPT EHDH (First floor treasure room)
GDD6 7YNH (Treasure room adjacent to spawn, Burning Basement)
L79D L9S8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|