Proptosis is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Doubles Isaac's Damage stat.
- Isaac's tears become larger and do more damage, but shrink and do less damage the further they travel.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Effective range of Isaac's tears now also depends on damage, as they can shrink out of existence before their air time runs out.
- Tear size increasing items also increase the maximum distance before disappearance, but the damage dealt can go below original at the extreme.
- The item has the opposite effect of the item A Lump of Coal, which makes Isaac deal more damage from farther away.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.: The tears will not decrease in size or damage until they start moving, making this excellent against enemies that chase Isaac.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Retains the double damage effect without losing damage over range.
- The beam decreases in damage and width the farther it travels.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired./ Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Doubles damage with no penalty for distance.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: The damaging halo shrinks with the tears.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Proptosis scales with Isaac's damage while the Lump of Coal does not. At base damage, the Lump of Coal will approximately negate the damage lost over distance, but with increased damage, tears still do more damage up close.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do. + The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The controlled tear has full Proptosis damage buff, no matter how far they are from Isaac.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: The Knife damage is doubled regardless of range.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Tears do massive damage and carry with leftover damage while still shrinking.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range./ Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Doubles damage.
- The beam decreases in damage and width the farther it travels. Tears become virtually powerless across large rooms like the Boss Rush and the Hush fight.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Ring size and damage is substantially increased, but decreases as the ring travels further from Isaac.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Base damage is doubled and beam damage is boosted to about 65%. Blasts lose no power as they travel further, though the tips of the blasts deal very slightly less damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- AthameWhenever Isaac takes damage, a black ring briefly appears around Isaac, dealing damage to all nearby enemies./ Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it.: The ring is much larger and deals 1.5x damage.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears will often disappear before they can burst. Tears created from bursts will also shrink, but due to their already low range, the difference may not be noticeable.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: At base range and tear size, tears will bounce twice against the floor and then disappear.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Tears almost disappear completely but are still able to do massive damage.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears disappear too quickly to be fed.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The closer the tear floats to Isaac, the larger it is. The farther away, the smaller it becomes.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro./ Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears.: Tears will disappear at different distances depending on how big they were when fired.
- My ReflectionGives Isaac's tears a boomerang effect, and increases range and shot speed.: Tears disappear before they can return to Isaac.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Tears will disappear extremely quickly after being fired.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Very poor combination. Tears disappear nearly instantly in front of Isaac, decreasing his range and damage to nearly nothing.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Eye proptosis is a condition resulting in forward displacement and entrapment of the eye from behind by the eyelids. The condition is also known as eye dislocation and eye luxation.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
CMTS HNLP (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1SKS ZMYW (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
BZZ7 DWY3 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
HAPT EHDH (First floor treasure room)
GDD6 7YNH (Treasure room adjacent to spawn, Burning Basement)
L79D L9S8 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|