Pupula Duplex is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Widens Isaac's tears into a crescent shape, increasing their hitbox.
- In cases where the Pupula Duplex visual effect is overridden, the tears just become larger.
- Grants spectral tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: The damaging aura benefits from the increased size significantly.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: No effect on Brimstone.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Only tear appearance changes, no tear size up.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No effect on Mom's Knife.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: No effect on Tech X.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: No effect on Technology or its variants.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Pupula Duplex" is said to be a condition in which a person has two irises and two pupils in one eye, without any actual recorded cases. An actual rare medical condition similar to it exists, called polycoria.
- This item's icon is similar to Diplopia.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
HN4T QMN7 (First floor treasure room)
HLTD B7WD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
XVA6 BQFC (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|