Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Pupula Duplex is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Widens Isaac's tears into a crescent shape, increasing their hitbox.
- In cases where the Pupula Duplex visual effect is overridden, the tears just become larger.
- Grants spectral tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: The damaging aura benefits from the increased size significantly.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: No effect on Brimstone.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Only tear appearance changes, no tear size up.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No effect on Mom's Knife.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: No effect on Tech X.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Pupula Duplex" is said to be a condition in which a person has two irises and two pupils in one eye, without any actual recorded cases. An actual rare medical condition similar to it exists, called polycoria.
- This item's icon is similar to Diplopia.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
HN4T QMN7 (First floor treasure room)
HLTD B7WD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
XVA6 BQFC (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|