Pupula Duplex is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Widens Isaac's tears, increasing their hitbox.
- Grants spectral tears.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 8 Inch Nails+1.5 Damage Up. Replaces Isaac's tears with nails, which have increased knockback.: Overridden by Pupula Duplex.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Pupula Duplex.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Bone tears fired are much bigger but shards don't change size.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Split tears as well as normal tears have Pupula Duplex effect.
- Dark MatterIncreases Damage by 1 and adds a chance to shoot fear tears.: Greatly increases the size of Isaac's dark tears.
- Death's TouchIncreases Damage by 1.5, reduces Tears by 0.3 and increases tear size. Grants piercing tears. Tears are replaced by Death's scythes, which is a cosmetic effect only.: Greatly increases the size of Isaac's scythes.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide a fixed range after being fired.: Bombs become spectral.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Pupula Duplex.
- EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles.: Greatly increases size of needles.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Tears have Pupula Duplex effect and the damaging aura is significantly bigger.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Tear and cluster of tears fired are much bigger.
- Head of the KeeperIsaac's tears become coins and now have a chance to drop pennies on the floor upon successfully hitting an enemy.: Greatly increases the size of Isaac's coin tears.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Tears look like Pupula Duplex but still can be fed.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tears do not increase in size an additional amount.
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do.: Tears will retain crescent shape and increase in damage based on how far they travel. Tears will not increase in size as they travel.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Pupula Duplex.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Unsplit tears look like Pupula Duplex but split tears don't.
- PolyphemusMakes Isaac shoot one huge tear. Also reduces Tears to minimum. Damage increased . If tear does more damage than an enemy's life, the tear continues to travel with the extra remaining damage.: Greatly increases shot size and damage.
- Pop!Replaces Isaac's tears with eyeballs that can bounce off of each other. The eyeballs are not limited by range, and will instead dissipate when they stop moving or when hitting an enemy or obstacle.: Eyeball tears are much larger.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession.: Tears look like Pupula Duplex but are still tiny.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Pupula Duplex.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: The laser becomes spectral.
- Tough LoveAdds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage than regular tears.: Greatly increases the size of the tooth shot.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Tears take the appearance of Trisagion, but retain the spectral effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- “Pupula Duplex” is said to be a rare condition in which a person has two irises and two pupils in one eye. There have never been any recorded cases however.
- This item's icon is similar to Diplopia.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
HN4T QMN7 (First floor treasure room)
HLTD B7WD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
XVA6 BQFC (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|