From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
|It hurts so good +5 Bombs|
(Page 2, Column 20, Row 5)
(Page 3, Column 10, Row 2)
|This article is about the explosion immunity item. For the item that grants bombs, see Pyro.|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +5 bombs
- All explosions heal Isaac for one red heart instead of damaging him. If Isaac has no red heart containers or full health, no damage is taken.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Makes the player immune to Mom's, Satan's, and other enemies' stomp attacks, making those fights substantially less difficult.
- Due to the immunity to Mom's stomping attack, Mom's Toenail has improved usefulness.
- Makes the player immune to The Cage's, The Adversary's, and Mega Satan's rock wave attack.
- The item is unable to produce Soul Hearts, Black Hearts, or Eternal Hearts, making Pyromaniac a little less effective if used with ??? or The Lost. However, these characters still gain immunity to explosions.
- Also makes the player immune to the projectiles from Red Fireplaces.
- Ultra Greed's second form in Greedier Mode uses explosive attacks almost exclusively. As a result, Pyromaniac makes characters nearly invulnerable against him.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Anarchist Cookbook - Allows the cookbook to be used without risk of self-damage and as a reusable source of healing.
- Bob's Brain - Negates the risk of self-damage and allows it to be used as a source of healing.
- Bob's Rotten Head - Can be used as a reusable source of healing.
- Bomb Bag - Provides steady supply of bombs that can be used for healing.
- Dr. Fetus , Epic Fetus , Ipecac - Explosions heal Isaac, essentially making him invincible as long as he has more than one red heart container and a decent rate of fire.
- Fire Mind - Explosions caused by tears can be used for healing
- Kamikaze! - Allows immortality and infinite explosions for free.
- Mom's Toenail - Becomes immune to the stomp.
- Piggy Bank , Fanny Pack , Swallowed Penny - When used in conjunction with explosions, can be used to very slowly gain an infinite amount of money or pickups.
- No. 2 - The Butt Bombs spawned by firing tears are affected, allowing for unlimited free healing.
- Curse of the Tower - Each time Isaac is hit, Troll Bombs spawn, enabling him to be healed each time damaged.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #23 (Blue Bomber).
- Pyromania is an impulse control disorder in which individuals repeatedly fail to resist impulses to deliberately start fires.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
7HQC 0YH9 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PR2N SB6M (Treasure room adjacent to spawn, Kamikaze! synergy on first floor)
7BAK S8YD (First floor treasure room)
4L93 XLGW (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|