|This article is about the explosion immunity item. For the item that grants bombs, see Pyro.|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +5 bombs.
- All explosions heal Isaac for one red heart instead of damaging him. If Isaac has no red heart containers or full health, no damage is taken.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Makes the player immune to Mom's, Satan's, and other enemies' stomp attacks, making those fights substantially less difficult.
- Due to the immunity to Mom's stomping attack, Mom's ToenailMom's foot randomly stomps down somewhere in the room. 1 minute intervals. has improved usefulness.
- Makes the player immune to The Cage's, The Adversary's, Mega Satan's, and Ultra Greedier's rock wave attack.
- The item is unable to produce Soul Hearts, Black Hearts, or Eternal Hearts, making Pyromaniac a little less effective if used with ??? or The Lost. However, these characters still gain immunity to explosions.
- Makes the player immune to fires left behind by enemies and their hot bombs, as well as projectiles from Red and Purple Fireplaces but not the fireplaces themselves.
- Ultra Greed's second form in Greedier mode uses explosive attacks almost exclusively. As a result, Pyromaniac makes characters nearly invulnerable against him.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Fetus / Epic Fetus / Ipecac: Explosions heal Isaac, essentially making him invincible as long as he has more than one red heart container and a decent rate of fire.
- Fire Mind: Explosions caused by tears can be used for healing
- Kamikaze!: Allows immortality and infinite explosions for free.
- Mom's ToenailMom's foot randomly stomps down somewhere in the room. 1 minute intervals.: Becomes immune to the stomp.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in challenge #23 (Blue Bomber).
- Pyromania is an impulse control disorder in which individuals repeatedly fail to resist impulses to deliberately start fires.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
7HQC 0YH9 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PR2N SB6M (Treasure room adjacent to spawn, Kamikaze! synergy on first floor)
7BAK S8YD (First floor treasure room)
4L93 XLGW (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
- Anarchist Cookbook
- Bob's Curse
- Bob's Rotten Head
- Bomber Boy
- Butt Bombs
- Curse of the Tower
- Dr. Fetus
- Fast Bombs
- Glitter Bombs
- Hot Bombs
- Mama Mega!
- Mr. Boom
- Mr. Mega
- No. 2
- Remote Detonator
- Sad Bombs
- Scatter Bombs
- Sticky Bombs
- Blasting CapExploding bombs have a chance to drop another bomb pickup.
- Bob's BladderLeaves a pool of green creep under all bombs Isaac places, which damages enemies that walk over it.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|