(with Little Horn)
|Defeat ??? as 3 different charactersSomething wicked this way comes!|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Throws his head towards Isaac. The head will roll for a bit, after which it turns into a special version of a Ragling. His head then reappears on his body.
- His body will walk around aimlessly, occasionally shooting a homing tear in a random direction, while his head is rolling, similar to how a Gusher acts.
- The head has 25 HP and can be shot to damage the Rag Man and the Rag Man's Ragling that will spawn from it.
- Rag Man's Raglings have 30 health instead of 13, have a different color scheme, and leave remains on the ground after death if they were spawned from Rag Man's head, from which they can be revived.
- If the head is destroyed before transforming, the Ragling from it will be killed and its remains will be left on the ground.
- Fires 1, 3, or 5 homing shots at Isaac in quick succession.
- Revives a Ragling from its remains on the ground and heals himself for 10 HP during the process, regardless the number of Raglings resurrected.
- Once Rag Man is killed, Rag Man's Raglings' remains will disappear after Rag Man's death animation, and Rag Man's Raglings won't leave remains upon death.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Black: The head roll attack spawns 2 spiders instead of a Ragling. He uses the resurrection move frequently and as spiders can't be resurrected, he instead fires a spray of a couple tears, similar to Monstro's spit and heals 10 HP.
- Red: No longer fires tears. Quickly tosses his head at Isaac to spawn Rag Man's Raglings. He can spawn a total of 4 Raglings by tossing his head. After all Raglings have been spawned, he randomly wanders around the room without targeting Isaac, reviving any Raglings that have been killed, up to a maximum of 4 Raglings.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Rag Man as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rag Man will often be accompanied by his own Raglings at the start of the battle, but they aren't able to leave Rag remains upon death.
- He can also start surrounded by 8 spiders.
- The health bar of Rag Man will flash orange for a short time to indicate that he is healing.
- Killing Rag Man's spawned Raglings with Lusty Blood doesn't boost Isaac's damage.
- Rag Man can only spawn up to 3 Raglings; afterward, he will only fire homing tears until Isaac kills him or one of his Raglings.
- Rag Man's head can be caught using the Friendly Ball.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name comes from a Magic: The Gathering card.
- According to a tweet by Edmund McMillen, the theme comes from an old character he made years ago, called "Ghost".
- Rag Man is referred to as male in Edmund's design documents.
- Edmund mentioned that it is highly likely that Rag Man can be also be found in Crawl Spaces in addition to being a normal boss. However, this is not the case, though Rag Man can be found in an I AM ERROR room and a Closet.
- Rag Man is also a term for the Devil.
- Rag Man is very similar in appearance to a Mummy, the result of an ancient practice to preserve corpses by embalming them and wrapping them in bandages.
- If you shrink Rag Man's head (when he throws his head to spawn a Ragling), a lower body can be seen.
- Rag Mega is an evolved version of Rag Man.
- Originally, the End Is Nigh's protagonist, Ash, was going to look similar to Rag Man, but with legs and one arm. However, Edmund thought the design looked bad, so he cut off his body and removed the rags.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|