From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| Rag Man|
(with Little Horn)
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Throws his head towards Isaac. The head will roll for a bit, after which it turns into a special version of a Ragling. His head then reappears on his body.
- His body will walk around aimlessly, occasionally shooting a homing tear in a random direction, while his head is rolling.
- The head can be shot to damage the Rag Man and the Ragling that will spawn from it.
- Rag Man's Raglings have 30 health instead of 13, have a different color scheme, and leave remains on the ground after death, from which they can be revived.
- If the head is destroyed before transforming, the Ragling from it will be killed and its remains will be left on the ground.
- Fires 1, 3, or 5 homing shots at Isaac in quick succession.
- Revives a Ragling from its remains on the ground and heals himself for a bit during the process.
Champion versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: Spawns 2 spiders instead of a Ragling. Uses his resurrect frequently. This won't resurrect anything since the spiders don't leave corpses, but still heals him. Sprays tears during his resurrect, similar to Monstro's spit.
- Red: No longer fires tears. Can have up to 4 Raglings at one time. Can revive 2 Raglings at once.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The health bar of the Rag Man will flash orange for a short time to indicate that he is healing.
- Killing Rag Man's spawned Raglings with Lusty Blood doesn't boost Isaac's damage.
- Rag Man can only spawn up to 3 Raglings; afterwards, he will only fire homing tears until Isaac kills him or one of his Raglings.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Rag Man as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name comes from a Magic: The Gathering card.
- According to a tweet by Edmund McMillen, the theme comes from an old character he made years ago, called "Ghost".
- Rag Man is referred to as male in Edmund's design documents.
- Edmund mentioned that it is highly likely that Rag Man can be also be found in Crawl Spaces in addition to being a normal boss. However, this is not the case, though Rag Man can be found in an I AM ERROR room and a Closet.
- Rag Man is also a term for the Devil.
- The Raglings that Rag Man spawns have a different appearance than the original enemy, and they have 2 eyes, not just one.
- Rag Man is very similar in appearance to a Mummy, the result of an ancient practice to preserve corpses by embalming them and wrapping them in bandages.
- If you shrink Rag Man's head (when he throws his head to spawn a Ragling), a lower body can be seen.
- Rag Mega is an evolved version of Rag Man.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|