From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| Rag Man|
(with Little Horn)
| Defeat ??? as 3 different characters|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Throws his head towards Isaac. The head will roll for a bit, after which it turns into a special version of a Ragling. His head then reappears on his body.
- His body will walk around aimlessly, occasionally shooting a homing tear in a random direction, while his head is rolling, similar to how a Gusher acts.
- The head can be shot to damage the Rag Man and the Ragling that will spawn from it.
- Rag Man's Raglings have 30 health instead of 13, have a different color scheme, and leave remains on the ground after death, from which they can be revived.
- If the head is destroyed before transforming, the Ragling from it will be killed and its remains will be left on the ground.
- Fires 1, 3, or 5 homing shots at Isaac in quick succession.
- Revives a Ragling from its remains on the ground and heals himself for a bit during the process.
Champion versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: Spawns 2 spiders instead of a Ragling. Uses his resurrect frequently. This won't resurrect anything since the spiders don't leave corpses, but still heals him. Sprays tears during his resurrect, similar to Monstro's spit.
- Red: No longer fires tears. Can have up to 4 Raglings at one time. Can revive 2 Raglings at once.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The health bar of Rag Man will flash orange for a short time to indicate that he is healing.
- Killing Rag Man's spawned Raglings with Lusty Blood
doesn't boost Isaac's damage.
Each time Isaac kills an enemy, Isaac's damage increases for the current room.
- Rag Man can only spawn up to 3 Raglings; afterwards, he will only fire homing tears until Isaac kills him or one of his Raglings.
- Rag Man's head can be caught using the Friendly Ball
Throwing the ball at an enemy instantly kills it and captures it. The captured enemy can later be released and will be charmed until it dies, persisting between floors.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Rag Man as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name comes from a Magic: The Gathering card.
- According to a tweet by Edmund McMillen, the theme comes from an old character he made years ago, called "Ghost".
- Rag Man is referred to as male in Edmund's design documents.
- Edmund mentioned that it is highly likely that Rag Man can be also be found in Crawl Spaces in addition to being a normal boss. However, this is not the case, though Rag Man can be found in an I AM ERROR room and a Closet.
- Rag Man is also a term for the Devil.
- The Raglings that Rag Man spawns have a different appearance than the original enemy, and they have 2 eyes, not just one.
- Rag Man is very similar in appearance to a Mummy, the result of an ancient practice to preserve corpses by embalming them and wrapping them in bandages.
- If you shrink Rag Man's head (when he throws his head to spawn a Ragling), a lower body can be seen.
- Rag Mega is an evolved version of Rag Man.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
|Chapter 4|| Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
|Chapter 5||Satan • Isaac|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|