Razor Blade is an unlockable activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, causes Isaac to lose a full Red Heart and grants +1.2 Damage for the current room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Eve starts with this item after unlocking it and donating 439 coins to the Greed Machine.
- Both conditions must be met for Eve to hold it; donating 439 coins before defeating Satan with Eve will wrongly state on Eve's profile on the Character Selection Screen that she has it equipped.
- If Isaac doesn't have a full Red Heart or a filled Bone Heart, then Soul, Black, and empty Bone Hearts are taken instead.
- The effect stacks with itself and Red Patch, which provides a similar benefit.
- Using this item does not affect Devil or Angel room chances.
- Using this item as The Lost will result in death.
- When picked up, Isaac's tears turn red, though this change is purely cosmetic.
- Using this item in the Greed Mode Ultra Greed boss room will result in Isaac losing 2-4 coins and dropping 1-3 pennies on the floor similar to being hit by any of the greed enemies.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's Heart: Isaac cannot take damage from the Razor Blade, allowing for infinite uses of the item.
- The Polaroid: Isaac takes no damage while invincible, allowing for repeated free uses of the item.
- The Wafer: Isaac loses half a heart instead of a full heart.
- Whore of Babylon: The Razor Blade can be used to activate this item's effect by doing enough damage to get Isaac down to half a red heart (or one red heart as Eve), providing a big damage boost for the current room at the cost of health.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #4 (Darkness Falls).
- The item itself is a reference to the act of cutting one's self, usually at the wrists, to inflict self-harm or to commit suicide by loss of blood.
- Isaac's appearance after using the item is just like the Dople.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Razor Blade was unlocked by defeating Mom's Heart/It Lives as Eve.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|