| (page 2, column 3, line 1)
(page 2, column 3, line 3)
| Defeat Satan as EveThe Razor|
Razor Blade is an unlockable activated item.
- Upon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room.
- Eve starts with this item after unlocking it and donating 439 coins to the Greed Machine.
- Both conditions must be met in order for Eve to hold it; donating 439 coins before defeating Satan with Eve will wrongly state on Eve's profile on the Character Selection Screen that she has it equipped.
- This item effect stacks with itself and Red PatchGrants a chance of increasing damage by 1.8 for the current room upon taking damage., which provides a similar benefit.
- Like similar items such as Blood RightsDamages all enemies in the room, but deals a heart of damage to Isaac with each use. or Blood Donation Machines, red hearts are removed before soul or black hearts, meaning you can still use it if you have a single red heart container and soul hearts. This also means that players should avoid using this item if they plan on keeping an eternal heart, as activating the item will remove it as well.
- Like similar items mentioned above, use of this item does not affect Devil or Angel room chances.
- Using this item as The Lost will result in death.
- When picked up, Isaac's tears turn red, though this change is purely cosmetic.
- Isaac's HeartIsaac himself is now immune to all damage, and a heart familiar appears and follows Isaac. If the heart is hurt, Isaac is hurt.: Isaac cannot take damage from the Razor Blade, allowing for infinite uses of the item.
- The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest.: Isaac takes no damage while invincible, allowing for repeated free uses of the item.
- The WaferAll sources of damage that would cause more than one half heart of damage are reduced to one half heart instead.: Isaac loses half a heart instead of a full heart.
- Whore of BabylonIncreases damage and speed whenever Isaac has half a red heart or less (one red heart for Eve), ignoring any soul or black hearts.: The Razor Blade can be used to activate this item's effect by doing enough damage to get Isaac down to half a red heart (or one red heart as Eve), providing a big damage boost for the current room at the cost of health.
- This item is used in Challenge #4 (Darkness Falls).
- The item itself is a reference to the act of cutting one's self, usually at the wrists, in order to inflict self harm or to commit suicide by loss of blood.
- Isaac's appearance after using the item is just like the Dople.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Razor Blade was unlocked by defeating Mom's Heart/It Lives as Eve.
3DS The icon of Razor Blade as seen on the lower 3DS screen