From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
(Page 2 , Column 3 , Row 1 )
(Page 2 , Column 3 , Row 3 )
| Defeat Satan as Eve |
Razor Blade is an unlockable activated item.
- Upon use, deals one heart of damage to Isaac and grants +1.2 damage for the current room.
- Eve starts with this item after unlocking it and donating 439 coins to the Greed Machine.
- Both conditions must be met in order for Eve to hold it; donating 439 coins before defeating Satan with Eve will wrongly state on Eve's profile on the Character Selection Screen that she has it equipped.
- This item effect stacks with itself and Red Patch, which provides a similar benefit.
- Like similar items such as Blood Rights or Blood Donation Machines, red hearts are removed before soul or black hearts, meaning you can still use it if you have a single red heart container and soul hearts. This also means that players should avoid using this item if they plan on keeping an eternal heart, as activating the item will remove it as well.
- Like similar items mentioned above, use of this item does not affect Devil or Angel room chances.
- Using this item as The Lost will result in death.
- When picked up, Isaac's tears turn red, though this change is purely cosmetic.
- Isaac's Heart: Isaac cannot take damage from the Razor Blade, allowing for infinite uses of the item.
- The Polaroid: Isaac takes no damage while invincible, allowing for repeated free uses of the item.
- The Wafer: Isaac loses half a heart instead of a full heart.
- Whore of Babylon: The Razor Blade can be used to activate this item's effect by doing enough damage to get Isaac down to half a red heart (or one red heart as Eve), providing a big damage boost for the current room.
- This item is used in Challenge #4 (Darkness Falls).
- The item itself is a reference to the act of cutting one's self, usually at the wrists, in order to inflict self harm or to commit suicide by loss of blood.
- Isaac's appearance after using the item is similar to the Dople.
3DS The icon of Razor Blade as seen on the lower 3DS screen