Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Remote Detonator is an activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Activating the Remote Detonator will cause all bombs you've placed to explode.
- Bombs will no longer explode without usage of the detonator.
- Gives 5 bombs when picked up. If picked up a second time in the same run, this effect will not be applied.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Remote Detonator gives you five bombs for the price of three (using the bombs on the Donation Machine to trade for coins) when bought at a shop, making its purchase a good value if the player is low on bombs.
- Remote Detonator does not control the explosions of Troll Bombs and Mega Troll Bombs.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Bobby-BombGives Isaac 5 Bombs, and causes all dropped bombs to home towards the closest enemy.: Bombs placed will chase after the enemy, making it easier to deal massive amounts of damage to enemies.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Remote Detonator can be used to explode the fired bombs early, which can be useful against moving enemies.
- No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 60 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.: The bombs automatically dropped by No. 2 will not detonate on their own, greatly reducing the risk of accidental explosive self-damage.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs.: Remote Detonator can be used on the original bomb, but not on the small bombs that are spawned.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in Challenge #9 (Demo Man).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
GR9N RF3S (first item room)
- Anarchist CookbookSpawns six troll bombs around the room.
- Bob's CurseGives 5 bombs and grants all bombs poison effect.
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.
- Bobby-BombGives Isaac 5 Bombs, and causes all dropped bombs to home towards the closest enemy.
- Bomber Boy+5 bombs. Isaac's bombs will now explode in a large cross-shaped pattern (roughly 5 bombs explosions wide). This also affects player-spawned troll bombs.
- Boom!Grants 10 bombs.
- Butt BombsGives +5 bombs and makes all bombs Butt Bombs that fill the room with gas, damaging and confusing all enemies.
- Curse of the TowerCauses Isaac to spawn 6 troll bombs on the floor every time he gets hit, similar to the Anarchist Cookbook mechanic.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.
- Fast BombsGrants 7 bombs and allows bombs to be placed rapidly.
- Glitter BombsGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes Isaac's bombs have a chance to drop random pickups or charm enemies when they explode.
- Hot BombsGrants 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs leave behind fire that damages enemies upon contact.
- Mama Mega!Damages all enemies and destroys all obstacles. The effect occurs every time a new room is entered for the rest of the floor. Opens doors to the floor's secret and super secret rooms.
- Mr. BoomDrops a large bomb.
- Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage.
- No. 2Continuously firing tears for several seconds causes Isaac to drop a Butt Bomb. Butt Bombs explode for 60 damage like normal bombs, but also deal 10 damage to all enemies in the room and daze them for a short period of time.
- PyroAdds 99 bombs.
- Remote DetonatorBombs you place explode only when you use this item. Gives 5 bombs.
- Sad Bombs+5 Bombs. Upon exploding, bombs shoot 8 tears off in every direction, similar to Tammy's Head. The tears are affected by any tear modifiers Isaac has on his own tears.
- Scatter BombsAdds 5 bombs. Isaac's bombs explode into 2-4 tiny bombs.
- Sticky Bombs+5 bombs. Bombs stick to enemies and spawn 2-4 blue spiders if they kill an enemy.
- Blasting CapExploding bombs have a chance to drop another bomb pickup.
- Bob's BladderLeaves a pool of green creep under all bombs Isaac places, which damages enemies that walk over it.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|