Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Ring Worm is a trinket.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's tears travel in a high-speed spiral pattern.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The tear pattern slightly increases Isaac's effective range.
Ingame Footage[edit | edit source]
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.: When thrown, the head follows the same high-speed pattern as Isaac's tears.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: No effect.
- Dead OnionGrants piercing and spectral tears. Increases tear size (without increasing damage) while greatly reducing range and shot speed.: Tears move very fast, negating the slow speed and poor range.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: The tear moves uncontrollably, making it rather difficult to hit enemies.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: No effect.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Tears spin as a cluster, making it difficult to hit enemies.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: No effect.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Tears spin uncontrollably fast, making it incredibly difficult to aim.
- Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.: Items and enemies are drawn more to the tear path rather than Isaac.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The shot pattern might be a reference to NES Uncle Fester's Quest power-up.
- Ring worm (or Dermatophytosis) is a fungal infection very common in children and adolescents. It involves scaly rings on the skin of the scalp, chest, arms, stomach and other places. It gets its name not from being caused by a worm, but from its ringed pattern the infection causes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Flat WormIsaac's tears take on an oblong appearance. They also push enemies back.
- Hook WormTears move shifting left to right forming a path of right angles. +10 to Range (effective range remains about the same).
- Lazy WormTear shot speed is greatly reduced.
- Ouroboros WormTears travel in a large spiral pattern and become spectral.
- Pulse WormShots pulse in size.
- Rainbow WormIsaac's tears gain a worm effect that changes every 3 seconds.
- Ring WormGives Isaac spinning shots.
- Tape WormDoubles Isaac's range and halves his tear height.
- Wiggle WormGives Isaac's shots a wave-like trajectory. +0.3 Tears up.
- Whip WormIncreases shot speed by 0.5, increasing effective range.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|