Rubber Cement is an unlockable passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Makes tears bounce off walls, enemies and environmental objects.
- Tears that bounce off of enemies bounce in random directions, whereas tears that bounce off of walls and other objects bounce directly back.
- Tears bounce off bombs.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Rubber Cement.
- Brimstone bounces off walls, creating a second beam that does half damage.
- Azazel's Brimstone will continue to full length after bouncing, but will deal half of damage.
- Azazel's Brimstone will now no longer continue to full length after bouncing, and instead bounce as a regular mini-Brimstone.
- Bob's Rotten HeadUpon use, Isaac holds a poison bomb which can be thrown towards any of the four cardinal points and explodes on impact.: The bomb bounces back at the player upon hitting an obstacle.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Overridden by Rubber Cement; tears will still bounce off of walls and obstacles.
- The Forgotten: No effect on the skeleton form's attacks.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Tears will bounce off of walls, but not off of enemies.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Tears will bounce off of enemy tears.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overrides Rubber Cement.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Rubber Cement.
- The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: Tears will bounce off of walls without splitting, but split and bounce when hitting enemies. The split tears and the original one will bounce off everything.
- Piercing Tears: Tears will bounce off enemies instead of going straight through them, but the tears can still damage enemies such as Knights that are normally invulnerable from the front.
- Sinus InfectionAdds a chance to fire a booger which sticks to enemies and poisons them.: Boogers stick to enemies, but otherwise they bounce normally.
- Spectral Tears: Overridden by Rubber Cement.
- Sulfuric Acid: Overridden by Rubber Cement.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range. / Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously.: Overrides Rubber Cement.
- Laser bounces off walls, creating a second beam that does half damage.
- Tiny PlanetRange up and makes shot tears revolve around Isaac until they drop.: Tears no longer fly over obstacles but instead bounce very quickly along them, appearing to "vibrate".
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- A Lump of CoalThe more distance tears travel, the more damage they will do. - Due to the greatly extended time that the tears stay on the screen, the Lump of Coal's damage increase becomes more effective.
- Homing Tears - Tears will bounce off enemies and home back in, allowing them to hit multiple times.
- Soy MilkTears shrink and do much less damage, but fire in very rapid succession. - The rapid fire rate allows large areas to be covered in bouncing tears.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
ABW2 HYHK (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
GN8E P6N7 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
2XA6 GY1F (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
1YR9 80SA (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
QRDH 161F (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item's appearance is loosely based off Elmer's Glue brand Rubber Cement.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|