One time use
(page 5, column 11, row 3)
|Take 50 Devil deals|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, sacrifices up to 2 familiars and spawns an item from the Devil Room Pool for each familiar sacrificed.
- The order in which the familiars were obtained does not matter; it picks 2 at random to sacrifice.
- If Isaac has no familiars, no blue flies and no spiders, the item will do nothing and will not be consumed.
- If the Devil Room Pool has no items left, one or two copies of Pentagram are spawned.
- When playing Greed Mode the normal Devil Room Pool is still used, instead of the Greed Mode pool.
- In addition to the familiars, any blue flies or spiders will be converted to 1 coin each.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If playing as Lilith, the Incubus familiar cannot be sacrificed.
- Charmed enemies cannot be sacrificed, even if permanently charmed.
- Any pretty flies are counted as a single sacrifice.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Best Bud / Dead Bird / Eve's Bird Foot: These familiars can be sacrificed only when they're active.
- Cube of Meat / Ball of Bandages: The altar consumes the whole familiar, up to 4 cubes or balls at a time. If more than 4 are available, they count as other familiar(s) that may be separately chosen for sacrifice.
- Box of Friends / Monster Manual / Umbilical Cord: The familiars generated by these items can be sacrificed and turned into items.
- Brown Nugget: Spawned fly turrets count as familiars for sacrificing, although dropping the Brown Nugget will despawn the last fly turret, older ones will remain and can be sacrificed.
- Car Battery: No effect; only spawns one item per familiar sacrificed, and can only sacrifice up to 2 familiars.
- Chaos: The Altar ignores the effects of Chaos, always spawning items from the Devil Room Pool instead of a random pool.
- Guardian Angel / Seraphim / Sworn Protector: 2 black hearts will also drop.
- Lil Delirium: Lil Delirium may be sacrificed, but the item is not removed. The familiar will return once another familiar is gained or lost, or the run is quit and resumed.
- More Options/ There's Options: Sacrificial Altar ignores the effect of these items.
- The Pinking Shears: Body familiars that are spawned by this item can be sacrificed by switching between the Pinking Shears and Sacrificial Altar. However, the body familiars reappear when picking one of the spawned items up.
- Void: When absorbed by Void, the one time use no longer applies unlike other one time use active items. Familiars can be sacrificed with every activation of Void.
- Zodiac: A Gemini familiar granted by Zodiac can be sacrificed without losing the item.
The following familiars, followers, and orbitals cannot be sacrificed:
- 7 Seals
- Angelic Prism
- Angry Fly
- Bomb Bag
- Daddy Longlegs
- Dead Cat
- GB Bug
- Guppy's Hair Ball
- Hallowed Ground
- Holy Water
- Jaw Bone
- Juicy Sack
- Key Piece 1
- Key Piece 2
- Mom's Razor
- Mom's Toenail
- My Shadow
- Mystery Egg
- Mystery Sack
- Pointy Rib
- The Relic
- Rune Bag
- Sack of Pennies
- Sack of Sacks
- Sacrificial Dagger
- Samson's Chains
- Slipped Rib
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sacrificial Altar is based on this Steam Workshop item by Niro and PJJLegend, originally known as Satanic Ritual.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug! If used to sacrifice Succubus while Isaac is in its dark aura, the damage multiplier will remain active until the remainder of the floor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Sacrificial Altar's appearance in the original Steam Workshop mod.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|