|Items|| Bloody Lust|
|Beat 2 floors in a row without taking damage|
Samson is unlocked when the player defeats two floors in a row without taking any damage. Samson starts with 3 red heart containers and Bloody Lust. Every time Samson is dealt damage, he receives a damage boost that resets when he goes down a floor.
Unlockable items[edit | edit source]
Item & Strategy Notes[edit | edit source]
- Samson gains damage from being hurt as opposed to killing enemies, and as such, possesses a play style which is fairly similar to Eve. Therefore, using Devil Beggars, Sacrifice Rooms and Blood Donation Machines synergizes very well with Samson.
- Samson starts with a lower Tear stat. Try to seek items that increase it.
- Dying as Samson and then respawning as another character (Lazarus' Rags, Ankh, etc.) won't cost you Samson's inherent Bloody Lust item.
Favorable items[edit | edit source]
- Dead Bird, Best Bud, Smart Fly, etc: All of these items will add to Samson's damage increase from getting hurt, although, unlike Bloody Lust, the bonus of these items only last for the duration of a room.
- Items relying on contact damage like The Virus or E Coli can also be beneficial.
- Any items that increase tear stat, such as Squeezy, Odd Mushroom (Thin)...
- IV Bag, Blood Rights, Razor Blade, Sharp Plug, Kamikaze!: Activating their effects also give Samson a boost in damage since they damage the player.
- Immaculate Conception and Cambion Conception will produce familiars as Samson heals or receives damage, respectively.
- Cancer and The Wafer minimize damage taken from Sacrifice Rooms, and can be incredibly useful to build a lot of damage, especially in combination with an excess of hearts.
- Gimpy increases benefits from taking damage and feasibly adds more survivability from random soul hearts and half-heart drops.
- Health regeneration items like Yum Heart and Placenta allow health regeneration after taking damage.
- Fanny Pack's chance of dropping a heart upon hit can cancel out damage to Samson while also buffing him.
- Dull Razor can safely provide Samson's damage boost without needing to actually take damage.
- Any items that increase health so he can take more damage before dying.
Unfavorable items[edit | edit source]
- Anything which lowers health, such as Dead Cat can make purposeful self damage less reliable as a damage booster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Bible, Samson was a supernaturally strong warrior who derived his power from Nazarite vow, entitling immense strength to Samson if he did not cut his hair.
- A strange detail, considering Samson's Lock (Meaning lock of hair) is an unlockable item, implying the Samson we see isn't at his full potential.
- Samson first appeared in the Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb expansion. That version had only 1 heart container and a spirit heart for his starting health, and his Bloody Lust item acted like the Lusty Blood item, re-added in Afterbirth.
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|