We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
| First form: 600|
Second form: 600
Satan is the final boss of Sheol in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The battle against Satan has three distinct waves.
First phase[edit | edit source]
The first phase starts with a slight delay after Isaac enters the room:
Satan will shout Isaac's name, and roughly two seconds after Satan's voice has died away, The Fallen will spawn at the center, with two Kamikaze Leeches to both of his sides.
Once The Fallen is dead, the second wave starts.
It is advisable to place a bomb at the center shortly before the spawn: When timed right, the explosion will kill both Leeches and the first phase of The Fallen immediately. The best way to do this is by placing the bomb shortly after the sound effect that plays upon entering the room ends.
Second phase[edit | edit source]
Once this is done, Satan will appear/spawn from the statue at the top of the screen in his first form. He stays at the top of the screen, hence bombs are very effective against him. However, if he moves to the side, the bomb will be ineffective.
Patterns[edit | edit source]
- He will frequently shoot waves of projectiles from both his hands towards the left and right side of the room. The safest spot is directly in front of Satan, but beware of his Brimstone attack.
- He can shoot two slightly homing Brimstone lasers (like The Adversary) from his hands when Isaac is on the right or on the left in front of Satan. The safe spot in this case is the center or either corner of the room.
- When Isaac is at the center of the room, Satan will start an audible charge and emit one thick straight Brimstone beam through his mouth.
- Two scattering shots of 5 and 6 projectiles from Satan's mouth, similar to Gurdy's birthing attack, except aimed directly at Isaac. This attack is virtually untelegraphed and thus is very difficult to avoid.
Once he gets to a third of his life, he enters in his second form, the third wave.
Third phase[edit | edit source]
He attacks by stomping Isaac with both his feet, which come down considerably quicker than Mom's foot. However, the stomps will come down in a constant rhythm: His second hoof follows shortly after the first one, and he redraws each after they have been on screen for about one second (like Mom's foot). Then he will stomp again about two seconds after the second foot has been redrawn.
Up to two Kamikaze Leeches will also spawn during this time. If one of them dies, another one will respawn shortly afterwards.
This can be used to your advantage to have Satan stomp on one of them for considerable damage. However, be very careful not to run into them while evading the feet, which often turns out to be the hardest part of the fight due to their charge attack, their tendency to be obstructed by the legs, as well as the random location new leeches can unexpectedly respawn.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using the The Bible on Satan will instantly kill Isaac, even if Isaac has the The Wafer .
- On the third wave, Pyromaniac and/or Host Hat will be extremely useful, as Kamikaze Leeches and stomping (which is considered as an explosion) will not hurt Isaac.
- Satan's feet don't cause damage on contact for the short time they rest on the ground after a stomp, providing a window of opportunity to deal significant damage with orbitals such as Sacrificial Dagger , or activate other on-touch effects like Midas' Touch .
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Godhead - Beat Mom's Heart, Isaac, Satan, ???, and The Lamb and complete the Boss Rush on hard mode as The Lost
Earn all 9 Completion Marks on hard mode as The Lost.
In addition, beating Satan with a particular character for the first time will unlock the inverted cross Completion Mark on that character's post-it note.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Satan's pose as a statue and during the VS Screen is a nod to the demon Baphomet, who is usually portrayed in a similar pose.
- The music that plays during this battle is titled Hericide. Hericide is the act of murdering one's own master, lord, or teacher.
- In the original Binding Of Isaac, touching Satan's legs dealt a full heart of damage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|